InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Dreams ❯ Moving On ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: La la la la la la la la la la! Sorry, I was extremely bored. Well, I'm going to start this chapter. Got nothing better to do at the moment. Plus, you'll all kill me if I don't! :)

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha doesn't belong to me! I'm saying this for this chapter and the last one (cuz i forgot hehe...)



~Broken Dreams~

Chapter Two- Moving On

Inu Yasha glanced outside from Kaede's home. It was late. Sango and Miroku had been gone for an hour already. What were they doing? Fighting, maybe? Inu Yasha got up and walked to the door, "I'll be back later." Kagome said, "But, you haven't eaten anything. You even gave Shippo your ramen. Inu Yasha, what's wrong?" Inu Yasha turned away, "I'll be back later." He left, ignoring Kagome's comment. Kagome huffed, "What's up with him?" Kaede said, "Something my be troubling him. I think it best that you do not try to force it out of him." Kagome crossed her arms angrily, "Fine. But he had better tell me sometime soon."

Inu Yasha glanced over his shoulder, making sure Kagome didn't follow him or send Shippo to follow him. When nobody came outside, he ran for the forest. What did Sango do when he told her what Miroku had done? Hopefully, nothing to horrible happened. Inu Yasha leapt through the trees, following Sango's and Miroku's scents. He hoped that neither of them hurt each other. He would never live it down.

His ears perked when he heard loud sobbing. He sped up. That was Sango's voice. What happened? Sango shreiked, "I had dreams! Dreams that you and I would be together!" Inu Yasha stopped and sat down on a branch, his ears drooping. Was this all of his fault? His fault that Miroku's secret was out? His fault that Sango was suffering? He heard Sango's sobs. Her heart was torn apart. Inu Yasha knew, somewhat, how that felt. He never wanted to feel that again. He knew that Sango wouldn't want to either.

Inu Yasha got up from the tree and leapt down, landing a few feet away from Sango. Miroku was barely visible, hidden in the shadows of the trees. Inu Yasha muttered, "Sango..." Sango wiped her eyes, choking back sobs, "I-Inu Y-yasha!" Inu Yasha knelt beside her and wrapped his arms around her comfortingly, "I'm sorry, Sango. You must feel horrible... being betrayed like that. I'm sorry that you had to feel that." Sango cried into his chest, grateful that she had a friend who knew the pain she was going through, "Wh-why did he... He just--" She sobbed harder, unable to control herself. Inu Yasha got up and held his hand out to her, "Let's get back to Kaede's. You need to take a break from all of this." Sango looked up and him and took his hand, letting him pull her off the ground. He said, "C'mon. I don't think you're up to fighting demons right now." Sango followed him, occasionally releasing a sob.

As they neared the hut, Inu Yasha said, "I didn't tell anyone else. I guessed you might want to tell them only if you're ready. Do you want them to ask questions?" Sango shook her head, lowering her face to try and hide the tears. Inu Yasha said, "Okay. I'll make sure they won't bother you." They were at the entrance of the hut when Sango muttered, "Thank you, Inu Yasha." Inu Yasha looked back at her and smiled, "No problem."

They entered the hut, and Kagome said, "Inu Yasha! Why did you just take off like that without telling us anything!? And-- Sango!? What happened? Where's Miroku? Did something happen!?" Inu Yasha walked over to Kagome, "Leave her alone. She's dealt with enough tonight, she doesn't need to deal with you." Kagome stood aghast, staring at Inu Yasha. Inu Yasha turned away from her and saw Kaede watching Sango as she crept into the bedroom area. Luckily, Shippo was already sleeping near the fire and wasn't up to ask anything.

Inu Yasha looked back at the rest of the group. They stared at the bedroom door, where Sango had crept into, and then Kagome stared at Inu Yasha, "What happened?" Inu Yasha shook his head, "I told her I wouldn't tell you." Kagome huffed and turned her back to him. Inu Yasha went up to the bedroom door, hearing a soft sniffling. He entered the room and said, "Sango?" She moved across the room and sat near the corner, "I don't know what happened..." Inu Yasha sighed and came into the room, sitting beside her on the floor, "I know you feel like shit right now, but you have to get over it. Otherwise it will tear you apart." Sango sniffed, "I've lost... so much. My village, my family, and now Miroku... Everything and everyone I loved just gets taken away from me..." Inu Yasha sighed, "A little over fifty years ago, I only had one thing. One person who I loved. She was Kikyo. I never realized that I could feel that way about someone. It was unbelieveable. I loved her so much, I couldn't let anything happen to her, I had to keep her happy and safe. But... eventually, I saw that she didn't love me for who I was. She didn't like the fact that I was a hanyou. The only time she showed equal affection towards me was during the night of the new moon, when I was human. But I really understood that she hated the demon side of me when she asked me to take the Shikon Jewel to turn me into a human. I felt really upset. I thought we loved each other. But I was too in love with her to refuse. I was about to do it too. But... then she was tricked by Naraku. We didn't know that then. But she thought I had tried to kill her for the Jewel. I got angry for thinking I would ever do that, and I felt betrayed. So, I went to find the Jewel to turn myself into a full fledged demon, for revenge. We both felt betrayed by our loved one. Then she pinned me to the Goshinboku, dying soon afterwards. It was really a sad experience, being betrayed and all, but I'm also grateful that I realized she didn't love me before I did something I would regret. Because I didn't turn human, I got the chance to meet all of you guys. So, even though I went through so much pain, I found the benefits of it. I'm glad I found mine."

Sango stared at Inu Yasha in awe, "It must have been so painful... knowing she didn't love you, but you were still willing to do that for her. You almost threw your life away for her..." Inu Yasha smiled weakly, "Just... just try to find something. Something good that happened thanks to Miroku's decision." Sango smiled back, only a few tears in her eyes. Inu Yasha got up, "Get some rest. You'll need your strength, we're leaving in two days." Sango nodded, "Thanks again, Inu Yasha."

IIYIIYIIYIIYIIYIIY

The sun began to rise, giving off a light orange-purple hue in the clouds. It was a cool, crisp morning, and the dew was beginning to collect on the plants. Miroku blinked his eyes open, waking up when the trading cart he was in began shaking on the dirt road. It was a good sleep, but it was just about time to take off. He stood up, careful about his balance, and said to the driver of the cart, "Thank you very much for the ride. Just keep on going west. There is less of a chance of being attacked by evil spirits there." The man said, "Oh, thank you kind monk." Miroku smiled, "No problem." He hopped off of the cart and found himself on the outskirts of a village.

It looked somewhat familiar to him. They must have traveled through here before. Miroku sighed and ran a hand through his bangs. Maybe this wasn't the best idea he'd had. Something was tugging at him constantly, and it ached his heart. For the first time in his life he felt a very heavy weight on his heart. It was probably from guilt. Or maybe even... love?

Miroku walked over to the side of the rode and sat down cross-legged in the soft grass, laying his staff beside him. He closed his eyes, hoping some meditation would make the feeling go away. But after a few minutes, the feeling returned, breaking his concentrated state. He grumbled in frustration. She had always entered his mind, penetrating through any thoughts he had. This was the first time in the past year and a half that he felt this strangely about her. Miroku cursed under his breath, "Damn. What have I done?

"All of those times I was with those other women, I never felt too guilty about it. I've always liked Sango somewhat, but she never liked me back. I shouldn't feel bad about leaving at all." Then the last words he heard from her went through his mind, 'I had dreams that you and I would be together!' Miroku thought, 'I almost turned back when she said that. Maybe... maybe I've been in love with her this whole time...'

He shook his head. He was probably just missing her company. He hadn't even been gone for a whole day yet, it could just be some form of separation anxiety. Miroku settled for his new diagnosis, deciding it must be that. He got up, taking his staff and brushing off his robes, and headed towards the village in search of a good meal.

IIYIIYIIYIIYIIYIIY

Two days after Miroku's departure, the rest of the group left Kaede's village, heading east in search of a rumored demon who held one of the Sacred Jewel shards. Inu Yasha was walking up front, as usual, and Shippo was sitting on a large Kilala's back. Kagome held back to walk with Sango, "Sango... I'm worried about you.
What really happened the other day?" Sango sighed, "I just found something out that disappointed me." Kagome pouted, "Why isn't anybody telling me anything? Inu Yasha didn't tell me what happened and now you aren't!" Sango said, "It's just something I don't want to talk about right now." Kagome huffed, "Oh, fine. So let's talk about something else. Like, where your Hiarikotsu is? You always have it with you, why's it gone all of a sudden?" Sango said quietly, "I lost it. When I ran from the woods. I must have left it there and it got stolen or something." Kagome seemed to accept this excuse and said, "Oh. Well, is your secret sword enough of a weapon for you?" Sango said, "I'll manage." Kagome shrugged and skipped ahead to pet Shippo's head.

Sango hugged herself tightly and closed her eyes. Where was Miroku now? Was he safe? Did he even care about her? Sango sighed and opened her eyes again. She gasped when she saw an enormous bear demon charging towards them from the opposite side of the forest. Inu Yasha unsheathed the Tetsusaiga in a flash and prepared to strike it with a 'Wind Scar' attack. Sango cried, "Wait!" Inu Yasha glanced back with impatience. He wanted to kill that demon quick, "What?!" Sango ran up to him, "Do you think you could kill the demon while keeping some of it's bones intact?" Inu Yasha said, "Yeah, if I just use my claws, I suppose I could." Sango said, "Okay. Can you leave one of the shoulder blades undamaged? I think I'll need it if I am to continue traveling with you and Kagome." Inu Yasha nodded and turned back to the fast approaching demon. He sheathed his sword and charged at the demon, "Iron Reaver, Soul Stealer!!" He slashed at the demon's face, smirking as it roared in pain and rage.

Kagome shouted, "Inu Yasha! There's a jewel shard in each of the demon's paws!" Inu Yasha immediately gave his attention to the great paws of the beast and slashed the right wrist. The hand fell off, and Inu Yasha stomped on it to keep it from returning to it's rightful owner. He picked it up and tossed it at Kagome's feet, "Find the shard before the hand can go back!" Kagome took an arrow and began to poke at the paw, and then picked out the tiny glowing shard. When she had finished, Inu Yasha had already thrown another paw at her. The handless bear screamed and attacked Inu Yasha with the bleeding stubs of it's arms. Inu Yasha unsheathed his Tetsusaiga and stabbed the bear through it's chest and out of it's back. The bear staggered backwards and fell, shaking the ground around it. Inu Yasha ripped his sword from the beast's flesh and sheathed it.

Using his brute strength, Inu Yasha managed to roll the bear demon over on it's belly, so that it's back was facing up. Inu Yasha beckoned Sango to come over. Sango came and examined the side of the demon that hadn't been stabbed through, "This one is still okay. Could you get it out?" Inu Yasha rolled his eyes and said, "You humans can't do anything." But he obliged nonetheless and carved the huge bone from the demon's body. He held it as if he was giving it a piggyback ride and asked, "What do you want it for?" Sango said, "I'll make a new Hiraikotsu. My old one was made from the same kind of bone, so it will be almost the same." Inu Yasha looked at her curiously, "You can make one of those? Are you sure you remember exactly what your old one was like?" Sango said, "Of course. Every warrior knows the dimensions of his or her weapon." Inu Yasha flushed a pinkish color. He himself din't know the exact measurements of his own Tetsusaiga.

Sango held her hands out and said, "Let me see the bone." Inu Yasha handed it to her, surprised that she managed to lift it with ease, "Oh, it's a slightly lighter bone than my old one. This will be better." She reached into her green pouch and pulled out a rope, strapping the bone securely to her back. Kagome and Shippo stifled their laughter. The bone was much bigger than Sango herself, and the sight of her carrying it looked quite comical. Sanog said, "I've got a few tools with me, so I'll work on it when we stop to camp."

Kagome looked up at the setting sun, "Maybe it's just about time to do that then." Inu Yasha nodded, "But first we should get at least a mile from this demon. Others will come to eat and they won't be happy if we're around." So they continued walking for sometime and, when it had become reasonably dark, they stopped in a small clearing in the forest. Sango collected firewood and lit a fire while Kagome rolled out her sleeping bag and Inu Yasha went off in search of something good to eat, since Kagome had refused to bring him ramen when he called her a 'stupid wench'.

Everyone had settled into the camp quickly and Sango whipped out her tools and began working. Kagome was watching her when Inu Yasha asked, "So, how many shards are we up to now?" Kagome asked, "Can't you add? We had five before, and we got two more today. Seven shards Inu Yasha!" Inu Yasha lowered his ears and shouted, "You don't have to SHOUT in my ears!" Kagome crossed her arms and continued to tend to the two rabbits Inu Yasha had hunted for dinner, "If you continue being mean, rude, or pigheaded, not only will I say Sit-" Inu Yasha crashed to the ground with an "Oof!" "-repeatedly, but I will not bring you any more ramen!" Inu Yasha put a finger over his left nostril and blew so that a pebble flew out of his right, "You're the one who's being mean! And selfish! You're keeping it for yourself! Just wait and see, you're going to get fat, eating all of that, and everyone will--" Inu Yasha realized he should not have said that as Kagome glared at him, "SIT! Sit, sit, sit, sit!!" Inu Yasha groaned with each 'Sit' as he sunk deeper into the ground. Kagome huffed and looked over the crater to see Sango still at work.

Her eyes grew wide when she noticed the progress she had made within and hour. Sango had already cut out the basic shape of the weapon and was now using a knife to whittle away at uneven spots. Deciding not to bother her, Kagome stared down Inu Yasha's crater, only to see glowing amber eyes glaring at her. She rolled her eyes and took the rabbits away from the fire, deciding that they were cooked enough to eat. She divided the rabbits, giving Inu Yasha the largest piece so that he wouldn't get too mad, and gave herself, Sango, and Shippo some smaller pieces. Kilala had already gone off into the woods to search for her own meal, as she usually did.

As they continued eating, Inu Yasha, who was done before everyone else said, "I wonder what Miroku's up to now." Sango looked up and swallowed her food, "W-what?" Inu Yasha shrugged, "I dunno. I mean, how's he getting along? Is he out, 'having fun', or his he being the con man to get himself a place to stay, or is he just having a hard time like he should be?" Kagome asked, "Wait, what's going on? What did he do to deserve a hard time?" Inu Yasha glanced at Sango questioningly. Sango sighed and made sure Shippo was deep in sleep before she said, "He had been sleeping with the girls in the village..."



InvincibleInuYasha: OMG! Wow, I'm stupid. I almost forgot that Miroku had sucked up the Hiraikotsu, I wrote half of the chapter with Sango carrying it around and using it. Good thing I remembered. Sorry, I was on vacation for a month, I kind of forgot. lol. I also accidentally posted chapter 2 on fanfiction.net. It was incomplete when I posted and I didn't notice that Hiraikotsu mistake then. Sorry ff.net members, I gave away the chapter! So, yeah, Sango is giving away the secret, she's ready, at least somewhat. Anyway, I g2g. I'm going to Long Island for the week, hooray! Ja ne!