InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camomile Tea ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone!
First is my first Inu-Yasha fic! Wahoo!
IM: Yeah, yeah just get on with it...people want to read the story not read you babber...
Ly:glare: I don't babber!
IM: Naraku, Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha and Inutaisho would probably agree with me
Sesshou: Don't presume to decide what this Sesshoumaru will agree to.
InuTaisho: This is a quarrel between two females, please leave us out of it.
Inuyasha: Uh yeah, ditto that.
Nar: ...
Ly: heh, what now?
IM:...
Ly: Just get on and say the disclaimer so this story can start
IM: Ly does not own Inuyasha and if she did, she would't need me...
Ly: Hey!
Prologue
“Well, well Inu-Taisho-sama, this is a surprise…you of all people to try and stop me.”
“Naraku…do you really think you can get away with killing my mate and burning down half of the villages in my lands?”
“Well, I at least thought we were on friendly terms after all, I spared the lives of your sons…what more could you want?”
Inu-Taisho went over to the limp bodies of his two sons swipe over the bodies twice with Tenseiga.
“You stole their souls and you can call that sparing? The Youkai High Counsel won't stand for this and neither will I.” Inu-Taisho hissed.
Naraku's eyes burned with pure disdain, “Do what you will, no human nor youkai will stop what I have planned. The Shikon No Tama will be mine and you low-lives will regret ever having been involved with me!” with that Naraku flew away on a dark cloud of miasma.
Inu-Taisho watched on in disgust as the hanyou retreated. As much as he would have like hunting the hanyou, his sons came first.
“Otousan?”
“Inu-Yasha, Sesshoumaru” he said as he looked upon his two sons.
The elder of the two, Sesshomaru, had long silvery hair that fell to his waist, golden eyes that seems to glow with their own light, a blue crescent moon on his forehead and magenta stripes on both cheeks and both wrists. Inuyasha, on the other hand, was a hanyou born of a demon, InuTaisho, and a human woman, Izayoi of the North.
He had silver hair and gold eyes like his elder brother but no marks. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru got along well enough considering Sesshoumaru's dislike for humans.
While the two seemed no older than 18 each but no younger than 15, they were truthfully much older. Sesshoumaru being 246 and Inuyasha being 217.
“Otousan? What will we do now? Mother is dead, so are half the servants in the house.” Inuyasha said with a half glance back at the house. He shuddered as flashes of the battle appeared before his eyes; his mother, Izayoi, desperately trying to fight off the demons. She may have been trained to use a small sword as all noblewomen were trained to defend themselves, it was no match for the battle-hardened demons attacking the mansion. He could only watch on in horror as her body was torn to shreds. He and his older brother could not move as they had been stung by a scorpion demon from the continent.
“We must go to the Higurashi Shrine to warn the priest and priestess of the oncoming danger.” Inutaisho continued.
“Why the Higurashi Temple, Otousan?” Sesshoumaru asked remembering the Shinto shrine that stood not far from the mansion.
“The Shikon No Tama or Jewel of the Four Souls is protected by the family of priests and priestesses of that temple. Naraku plans to take the jewel and turn himself into a full demon.” Inutaisho said.
The eyes of the elder brother widened fractionally while the younger's mouth fell open.
“Y-y-you mean the legendary jewel that Sesshoumaru and I had studied about?” Inuyasha sputtered.
“Yes that very one, as for now, I have no idea as to how we can hope to protect the shrine from Naraku. I will summon for you both when I discover a solution. For now we will remove to the seaside manor until the damage on our main house can be repaired. I expect you two to be packed and ready to leave in one hour, am I being clear?”
The two brothers nodded and set off inside the house ordering their servants to pack cases for them for the stay.
“I didn't think Naraku would be so bold as to attack us directly.” Inuyasha said frowning.
“Its that weakness that Naraku exploited. We can expect no less from that fiend. He's caused us much trouble in the past.” Sesshoumaru answered smoothly.
True, he disliked humans but the death of his stepmother affected him as well. At first, he despised the woman that dared to take the honored place his own mother, Hikarisa, had first held. After a time, he learned she wanted nothing more than to help heal the wounds the death of his own mother left. Gradually, he learned to love her as he did his mother.He'd grown increasingly cold and unfeeling after her death and his father's remarriage This love he had for his stepmother lessened the disdain he had for his half-brother, Inuyasha, considerably.
Inuyasha respected his elder brother and was the only one who would poke fun at him without losing his life.
“What do you think Otousan will do about the Higurashi Shrine? I mean if they do have the Shikon No Tama and have protected it, surely they can do something about this?” Inuyasha continued.
“I'm not sure, Otousan will tell us when the time comes. For now, we must stay calm, panic helps only our enemy.”
Inuyasha nodded and the two headed towards the main gates where horses and a carriage awaited them.
Well, what did you think? hope you liked it!
IM: Well, it wasn't bad a few parts here and the 5th paragraph was... :continues on about various parts of the story:
Ly: zzzzzzz
IM: YO! Wake up! This is notime to sleep!
Ly: Waaah! I'm up god
IM: Hmmph, whatever...please please review and no flames please, if you don't like it, don't read it...