InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camomile Tea ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ly: Hey everyone again…thanks again so much for reading!
 
Chapter 10
 
Moonlight streamed through a window and fell on an unconscious youth. His silvery hair shone but was quite messy. In a cell next to him was a young woman with dark brown hair. The young woman stirred slightly. She let out a small moan before turning her face and falling back into her nightmare again.
 
Kikyo was walking in a dark field. She couldn't tell if it was day or night. The darkness that fell about her was so unnatural. She tried over and over to leave the field but every time she got to the edge of the field, a youki threw her back to the middle. Again and again she tried to run but each time was thrown back.
 
Suddenly a sound echoed behind her. She whipped around and saw someone with silver hair walking towards her.
 
“Inuyasha!” she cried running towards the figure.
 
When she reached him, she threw her arms around him.
 
“Thank kami! Inuyasha, are you hurt at all?”
 
“No, I'm alright.”
 
“We need to leave Inuyasha, something's not right and I'm worried for our families!”
 
“No, we don't. We're fine. They're fine.”
 
Kikyo stiffened. A deeper fear seeped into her. Something was wrong with Inuyasha too. She pushed herself away from him and backed up several feet. She gasped. It wasn't Inuyasha she'd be holding. No, this man's hair wasn't even silver anymore. It was jet black, his red eyes glowed in the darkness and his cruel mouth leered at her.
 
She could only think of one name…Naraku.
 
“So my koi, you saw past my little illusion. Admirable! But you'll need to give me a little information before I make you my slave.”
 
“Your s-slave?”
 
`Why yes. I certainly can't let you go after I get what I need from you but of course, there's always…other uses for you.”
 
Naraku snickered quietly at her fear but his grin suddenly slid off his face when he felt her fear replaced by determination.
He looked up to see her glaring at him.
 
“You will never get a word from me.”
 
“Is that a fact, my koi? Even if I look like this?”
 
Suddenly his image blurred and when he could be clearly viewed again, he looked like Inuyasha. But Kikyo remained steadfast.
 
“You aren't Inuyasha. Leave me alone.”
 
“But K-Kikyo, I love you. And I love your family too. Please, let me help you.”
 
“No.”
 
Suddenly Naraku changed back and in a flash disappeared and reappeared behind Kikyo. He reached to a pressure point on her neck and knocked her unconscious.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Hmph…that little part could have gone better, but no matter, I will break her.
Naraku sneered quietly, he would force her to give him what her wanted. He knew exactly where her breaking point was.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Kagome jerked awake.
 
Something was wrong, terribly wrong. She peered skyward and saw that it was not yet dawn, yet her internal clock told her it had to be past nine at least.
 
Kagome turned to her side and saw Sesshoumaru gently reclined against a tree, his eyes closed. Gulping, she crept towards the prince and raised a hand to touch him, hoping that would wake him.
 
A pale hand suddenly shot out and captured her's. Kagome let out a small cry and looked upward. A set of golden eyes met hers' and Kagome breathed a little easier. At least, he's ok…
 
Sesshoumaru stared unblinkingly at her for several minutes. At length, he suddenly looked towards the heavens and seemed to notice the problem. It was past dawn and still the sky was jet black. In fact, he could see no light at all. Not stars or moon greeted him as he scanned the sky.
 
“Miko, have you that torch from before?”
 
“What…my flashlight?”
 
“Yes, we are in need of it.”
 
“But we can both see fine.”
 
“It seems that we won't be able to much longer.”
 
To Kagome's horror, she realized he was right. A dense, black fog was slowly enveloping them reducing visibility to near zero.
 
“Sesshoumaru, something's wrong. I can't feel my sister anymore.”
 
He glanced back at her. Here was something she hadn't told him yet.
 
“Do you share some connection with her?”
 
A glance “Well, you could say that. Our ki is so in tune that we can sense each other from a fair distance. But, I've lost that connection and it never happens unless she's unconscious or dead. I highly doubt the latter.”
 
He simply nodded at her explanation. If indeed her sister had been kidnapped, it was a most inopportune time for it to happen. He growled softly to himself, this meant that his brother was also captured. Rage flared within him. He hadn't felt this angry since his mother died, which was really saying a lot. He thought quietly for a moment, then glanced at Kagome again. This time, he could barely make her out in the fog.
 
Kagome looked back at him with a worried look. She felt his youki flare and recede with his emotions. Is this why they need to control their emotions? Will their youki overwhelm them if their emotions overflow?”
 
Suddenly, he appeared in front of her. In fact, there was so distance between them as Kagome was now staring at the silk of his haori. She took a quivering breath in and a scent unlike anything she had every smelled before surrounded her. It lulled her into calm and she peered up at him with wide eyes.
 
Sesshoumaru look back down at her. This definitely wasn't the time to get close with her but somehow, the moment demanded it. He hadn't meant to move this close or to be at this particular position. All he had on his mind when he swiftly moved to her was to make sure he didn't lose sight of her. The thought somehow disturbed him that he should lose her if he lost sight of her.
 
Suddenly, maniacal laughter burst out around them. The sound was horrifying to hear. It was deafening and at the same deep and shrill. Kagome clapped her hands to her ears to drown out the terrible noise. All at once, images exploded in her head. Glimpses of red, brown, silver, gold, and black swirled in her head. Finally, it became too much and she started to sway on the spot.
 
Sesshoumaru glared at the laughter ringing through clearing. He then felt Kagome fall against him. He caught her and suddenly made a decision. It was clear, speed was now an overwhelming factor. Yes, his brother and Kikyo-san still needed to be found or rescued whichever one came first. But, the unconscious girl in his arms was overwhelming every other thought process.
 
With blinding speed, he burst from the fog and ran westward. Inside, he prayed that his strength would not fail him in this time of need.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&