InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ can't fight the moonlight ❯ A New Start ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Can't Fight The Moonlight


Ok this is set in the past even if the dates are farely close to now!!


~~~~~~ Chap.1 A New Start ~~~~~~

( Kagome had picked up her diary and wrote...)

4/19/1991

Its been 2 days since we defeated Naraku, and decided that
it would be best to just destroy the jewel, instead of using it for
a wish. Everyone seems pretty happy now. Sango and Kohaku
are back together, the wind tunnel in Miroku's right hand is gone,
and Shippo, Miroku, Inuyasha, and I are rebuilding the Slayers
village.
I love it hear so much, but I have nothing left to do. I completed
my mission and the jewel is once again whole, so I guess I'll be
going home soon. I know its gonna hurt, leaving everyone behind
but the one thing I'm totaly sure of is I'm gonna miss Inuyasha
the most. I think this whole mission with the jewel has finally showed
him most humans arn't bad, and considering that, I also think hes definetly
matured the most. ( mentaly I mean ) I guess you could say I've kinda
fallen for him. I mean hes stuborn, brainless, a jerk, controlling, and yeah,
the list goes on. But hes also cute, strong, caring ( when he wants to be )
, and over all a great guy. But I know he dosen't like me that way, because
I know not only when he looks at me, but when he talks to me all he can see
is Kikyo. I hate that. I'm just glade I've known him for the 3 years I have.
I'm gonna tell everyone I'm leaving once the village is restored.
Well Gotz To Go,

Kagome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

( Kagome closes the diary as someone walks up be hind her )

" Hey Kagome, what ya doin? " a squeeky voice asked.

" Nothin Shippo you? " she asked pulling the kit into her arms.

" Kagome guess what!?!?! " Sango said running in jumping up and down.

" Let me guess, you drowned Miroku in the Lake?! " Kagome said sarcastically.

" NO, but I'll get there next. " she said, and they both laughed.

" Then what? " Kagome asked seeing how wide eyed her friend was.

It was then that Kagome herd the words she wished wouldn't have come so soon.
" WERE DONE!!! THE VILLAGE IS COMPLETED!!! " Sango yelled, jumping for joy.

" Thats great!! " Kagome said trying to act happy, I mean she was happy its just that she didn't plan on leaving this soon. She planed on atleast staying another 2 or 3 days before the job was done, but as all things in life, it never goes the way you want.

3 hours later they were all siting around the fire in what was now the main hut of the village, eating dinner. Which consisted of fish, corn, boar, and of course Raman for Inuyasha. Kagome was silent throughout dinner and Inuyasha finally ( about an hour after dinner ) noticed something was up.

Inuyasha being his nosey self, had to see what was wrong. ' I wonder whats up with her? She didn't say a word at dinner, she barely ate anything, and now shes siting here staring off onto space. ' he thought as took the back of his hand and gently put it on Kagome's forehead. Of course her being so clouded by thoughts she had not noticed the hand coming to her face. Inuyasha put his hand on her head and as expected she jumped.

" Oh, Inuyasha is something wrong? " she asked still trying to recover from that scare.

" Yeah, you. " he said alittle confused.

" What are you talking about I'm fine? " she said looking at him now confused herself.

" No your not, you've been staring out into space all evening, you barely touched your food, and the thing that is most unlike you, you've haven't said a word. " he said, worry now starting to cloud his eyes.

" I said I'm fine I guess I'm alittle out of it thats all. " she added looking at the ground, which did not go unnoticed by Inuyasha.

" Kagome, something IS wrong, tell me!! Are you in trouble, are you sick, hurt, are you being followed? You need to tell me so I can help you!!! " he said with a bit of worry there aswell.

" I told you I'm fine, and no I'm not being followed, or sick, or hurt, I'm just alittle out of it thats all!! " she said almost at a yell. Kagome stood up and starting walking away.

" Kagome were ar.........." Inuyasha was suden;y interupted by her.

" I'm going for a walk Inuyasha. I'll be back in a bit, Don't follow me ok? " she said.

Inuyasha could tell she was upset and wanted to follow her but a hand pulled him back. " Let her be Inuyasha, she'll be fine, she just needs time to think. " Miroku assured him and went back to help Sango gather fire wood.

' What does she need time to think about? There has to be something wrong? Is she thinking about leaving? No she wouldn't leave, not when I haven;t told her my feelings yet. ' Inuyasha thought as he got up to walk out.

But little did he know that the talk he had with her about 5 minutes ago would be the last time he saw her.