InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Never Let Go ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: And another chapter is up again! I seriously need sleep now because I was again up to about 4 in the morning and this seriously cannot be healthy for me. My sister commented to me that I had that “giddy hyper sleepy look on my face” this morning, and that I was acting all of those things, so I must be beginning to show. Anyway, I don’t have a lot of time right now, just wanted to update this really quickly-- got things to do, places to be... ah who am I kidding, no I don’t! Just got to finish before some school work, etc. And by some, I mean a LOT!

InuKagome4 - Lol, will this do for now? It’s got more of Kikyo’s view in it -->_<-- but it’s still an update, so... ^_^

-Ms Smith - Oh, EW! Yuck! Bleargh! No, I don’t think this will be a Kikyo\Inu fic. At least, not if Inu has anything to say about it. Most likely it’ll be a Kagome\Inu fic, unless I decide to kill them before they meet again or have them fall for other people. OMG-- Soap opera moment! *Plays scary music* -- Lol, okay, sorry about that, as you can probably tell I’m more than a little strange. But not in a potentially dangerous to your physical health way. Anyway, I’ll stop ranting now, and let you go read the chapter/ ^_^

That all of them?

Okay, then there’s only two things left to do, the first of which is:

DISCLAIMER: Guess what? Kagome, Inuyasha, Kikyo and Naraku all belong to Rumiko Takahashi-- NOT ME! If you thought they belonged to me, you clearly need to get a refill on your medication. I make no money off of them. One character (Amaya) and the story, however, belong completely and entirely to me!   ~*~   Never let go

Kikyo sighed as she wandered through the halls of the temple.

It was old and unused, but well protected by many sacred magic’s.

She had cast her own spell allowing Inuyasha and herself to pass through, but any other demon would be destroyed if it came near the barrier.

She leaned against the rail of a balcony and stared off into the distance. The flashes of her storm could be seen even from this distance, and she knew that it was, perhaps, the only reason Naraku had not already come after her.

She would not give Inuyasha up, however, if he did.

She was determined, she would make the hanyou trust her again, and then she would win his heart.

No one would take him away from her again.

Memories drifted to her of the moments before, of Inuyasha’s uncertainty and confusion, his suddenly wide eyes reflecting things she could not see, the panic in him, the way he flinched away so violently when she reached for him-- all of it led to one conclusion: Inuyasha was remembering.

Kikyo did not like this, for it put a strain on her plans. If Inuyasha remembered too much about her, or anything else in his past life, it may lead to the awakening of all the old feelings of hate, betrayal and disinterest that had grown in the hanyou’s heart. She could not allow that to happen. She had worked so hard to gain the hanyou back, she would not give him up again, not let him be taken, even if it was his own mind trying to steal him from her.

She gritted her teeth, and gripped the balcony until her already pale knuckles turned white, and bits of loose stone, long worn down, shifted and crumbled beneath her grip.

One of her servants soared past, shimmering like a ghost in the moon, heading out to find a soul to sustain her.

Shimmering like a ghost...

Kikyo sighed, and he shoulders slumped slightly.

Why did life have to be so complicated all the time?

More importantly, why did death have to be so complicated?

“For the living time goes on, they carve their futures everyday, but for the dead... Time stands still.” Kikyo glared at the monks words, and then another voice entered her mind.

“The dead cannot feel. The have torn free from the grips of death, but they have torn away their ability to live in doing so. Time ceases to recognise their existence, and in return, so do many of the living. But more importantly... the dead cannot love. They have torn their hearts when they escaped from death, and have no ability to simply...feel, let alone the knowledge to share feelings with others. That’s why Inuyasha will never love you, Kikyo. You must learn to accept that and move on.”

Kikyo’s grip tightened even more and she glared at the ground far below unseeingly, knowing the words of that young miko to be true. The woman had seen her for what she was instantly, but instead of trying to send her to her death, the woman offered her advice, and listened to all she had to say before telling Kikyo that which she believed to be the truth... which, some part deep inside Kikyo still attached to her human self knew to be true.

But her dead self will not accept.

‘They are both wrong.’ Her mind snarled angrily. ‘I can make Inuyasha love me again. I will feel. And then I will claim him as mine forever.’ She shoved roughly away from the balcony and began walking down the long, echoing halls.

‘For if I can’t have him.’ She silently vowed to herself. ‘Then no one can.’

END ~*~

A\N: Well that’s all for now. Maybe I’ll have another chapter up later today or tomorrow (I don’t know, it all depends on how busy I am) so Ciao until then!