InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Uncertain ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Update # 2 for tonight!

DISCLAIMER - Amaya is mine. The story is mine. Inuyasha is not. The rest of the Inuyasha characters are not. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I make no money off of any of these things. ~*~   Uncertain

‘Now tell me, little puppy, do you hold any meaning or memories of the name... Kagome?’

Inuyasha blinked up at the woman and frowned. Kagome? Slowly, not entirely sure what this name should mean to him, Inuyasha shook his head.

Amaya frowned. ‘Nothing at all?’ She sighed when the hanyou shook his head again. ‘I should have expected no less. Your little priestess is setting some sort of barrier around your mind, the same sort Naraku was using I imagine.’ She frowned again. ‘But perhaps it is simply the word you do not remember. Maybe we should try another approach to this.’

She leaned forward, and Inuyasha shrank back slightly on instinct, but the woman did not come near him, she merely waved her hand in a slightly dismissive gesture, and instantly a picture appeared before them, large, extremely life-like and... moving.

A young girl with long, black hair and dark eyes bearing a strangely odd resemblance to Kikyo was smiling and waving at someone, her clothes were the strangest he had ever seen before.

He stared at it for a moment, his mind fighting with him over something he couldn’t perceive.

And then she laughed and shouted ‘Inuyasha!’ and for a moment Inuyasha stared in confusion... then something inside him snapped and, though he still did not know who this girl was... he knew she was important to him, that she was kind to him and that he knew her... but he couldn’t remember.

The image faded, and he found himself again looking at the sorceress who stared calmly back at him, her dark eyes glittering slightly.

He stared at her in confusion, feeling the beginnings of tears in his eyes, but not understanding... what was this woman here for anyway? What did she want?

He trembled, looked away in desperation and confusion, a war that he was not really apart of raging on inside his mind... inside his heart.

‘Inuyasha.’ The woman said again, and Inuyasha looked up at the woman, her face hard and serious.

‘Do you want to see more?’ She asked.

Inuyasha stared at her for a moment, eyes wide and filled with tears. Did he?

All these memories and all these little bits of broken puzzle pieces... they all hurt him so much to have but... somehow it hurt more to go without them.

He wanted it all back so much. But he didn’t want this... this pain and confusion and fear of what was still lying hidden in the depths of his mind. He didn’t want this feeling of foreboding and being trapped. He didn’t want any of it... anymore.

‘Inuyasha.’ The woman said again, but Inuyasha didn’t bother to look up immediately.

He wanted to know, he wanted it all back, but he didn’t want any of this confusion or this sense of fear and loss, he didn’t want to not know... but which did he want more?

Slowly he looked up at her, and he could see her eyes glittering slightly, as though she already knew his answer.

‘What do you want, little puppy?’ She asked him, and he stared at her, hard at her, met her eyes and the challenge there, knowing she was daring him to say no, to tell her to leave and not return, to say that he was happy... the way he was.

He lifted his chin slightly, his ears flattening as he met her challenging eyes, his own glittering back in response.

‘I want to know.’ He said slowly, firmly, but quietly, and then with more strength ‘I want to know.’ And she raised an eyebrow.

‘Are you sure? Once you go there, you cannot go back. Are you sure you wish to know?’

Inuyasha stared at her, and then nodded slowly. ‘Yes. Please... show me.’

‘You are very brave, puppy, for thinking you could take this on, let alone survive it... or perhaps you are simply very naive and foolish.’ She said, and Inuyasha stared at her in confusion. ‘You say you want this, yet you do not fully understand the circumstances with which it must be received.’