InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Air ❯ Crushed ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

------------------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Air. Originally posted August 27, 2011.

Title: Crushed
By Air #8 Suffocation
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Romance
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 194
Summary: Inuyasha waits for Kagome's answer and misunderstands her silence and tears.
Warnings: None
--------------------------------------------


Inuyash a waited for her answer. But with every moment that passed he found it harder to breathe. He could hear the pounding of her heart and smell and see her tears. Had he misunderstood? Had she not meant it the way he did? Had he gone too far, pushed her too far? He had caused her pain, why else would she be crying?

And still she remained silent. He couldn't breathe, couldn't draw any air into his body. His heart felt crushed within his chest. He turned his head away, eyes closing in pain as he struggled to draw breath into his body. He had pushed her too far, too fast and now he would lose her completely.

Gentle hands suddenly grasped his face, turning it back. His eyes opened to see her gazing at him with love in her beautiful eyes, tears still streaming down her face. His eyes widened as she spoke, first in confusion then in understanding. Staring at her he suddenly didn't feel so crushed. He could breathe once more. She repeated her answer, a bright and happy smile on her face, and his heart leaped for joy.

“Yes.”



Converting /tmp/php0dJutq to /dev/stdout