InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Air ❯ Clouded Over By Doubt ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

----------------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Air. Originally posted August 27, 2011.

Title: Clouded Over By Doubt
By Air #11 Clouds
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Romance
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 293
Summary: Dark thoughts plague Inuyasha. Can Kagome reassure him?
Warnings: None
---------------------------------


But as Inuyasha continued to run several dark thoughts began to nag at him. He tried to shake them off but couldn't. He began to slow then stopped completely, leaping down to the ground and letting Kagome slide down off of his back.

“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked as she stared at his back. She moved around to look at his face and was startled to see it clouded over. He was frowning, his good mood completely gone. “What's wrong?”He sighed before lifting his gaze to her. “Things won't be easy.”“What do you mean?”He ran a hand through his bangs, brushing them out of his face as he tried to find the words. “Not everyone will be happy for us. There are those that will see us being together as wrong and they will try to tear us apart. They will say things, do things.” He sighed again in frustration, wondering if he really had the right to subject her to that. “I don't want to see you hurt.”

Kagome shook her head. “It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I don't care what anybody else says. I won't allow anyone to tear us apart. The only way I could be hurt is if you abandon me. I trust you to protect me from anything else. You and I, we were meant to be together. As long as we are together we can face anything.” She smiled at him and saw that her words had reached him.

Inuyasha could feel the truth in her words. After all, when Kagome was with him he was stronger, feeling like he could do anything. He returned her smile, the last of the dark clouds disappearing from his face.



Converting /tmp/phpHdeE6Z to /dev/stdout