InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Sea ❯ Realizing the Truth ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-------------------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Sea. Originally posted July 30, 2011.
Title: Realizing the Truth
By Sea #9 Clarity
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Drama
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 308
Warnings: Language
Summary: Kagome and Inuyasha both gain clarity.
--------------------------------------


'I lo-care about her,' was all Inuyasha could think as he stared straight at nothing. Suddenly a familiar, if hated scent reached him. The scent of Kagome's tears. 'Damn it,' he thought as he stared at her back.

Unable to take the silence any longer, he reached out and turned her around to face him, gently wiping her tears away. Staring into her eyes, so full of pain, he swallowed his pride. “I'm sorry Kagome.”

Kagome could only stare at him in shock. “What?”

He cringed and repeated his apology.

She shook her head. “No, I'm the one who should be apologizing. You were right, I was the one who caused this to happen not you.”

“Keh, and it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't followed you when I shouldn't have. I should have trusted you would be safe enough.”

Kagome felt even worse at that. 'He just wanted to protect me,' she realized 'and I was going to punish him for it.' More tears welled up in her eyes.

At the renewed scent of her tears Inuyasha began to panic. “What?! I apologized, why are you crying now?!”

“I'm sorry. It really is my fault. You just wanted to protect me and I was going to punish you for that. I'm such a bad person!” She covered her face with her hands before suddenly being pulled into a strong embrace.

“Baka! You're not a bad person.”

“I threatened to 'sit' you when you didn't really do anything wrong.”

He rolled his eyes at that. “Is that what this is about? Keh. That's nothing. Don't worry about it.”

She shook her head. “No, it's wrong to treat someone like that, especially someone you love!” She froze as soon as the words left her mouth. Inuyasha froze as well.




Converting /tmp/phpOUxhqT to /dev/stdout