InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ Breakfast at Houjou's ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 2, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: Breakfast at Houjou's
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : The Breakfast Club – July - #5
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 699
Summary: Disappearances at school, weird behavior from her friends. And an invite to Houjou's breakfast club. Just what was going on?
Warnings: Language, Violence, Blood

-----------------------


Kagome nearly groaned when she saw Houjou approaching, her three friends following him as they had all week.

“Hello Higurashi,” Houjou said, smiling before frowning. “You're really pale. I don't think you're getting the necessary vitamins in your diet. You should really join my breakfast club, it will fulfill all of your dietary needs. I grow all of the produce myself.” He beamed at her.

“Yes Kagome. Join us,” the three girls echoed.

Kagome frowned. “I don't know.”

“Just try it, you'll love it,” the girls said together, further creeping her out. Fortunately the bell rang and Kagome was able to escape. She frowned, noticing several empty desks. Another student was missing? That made four. 'Why is no-one talking about the disappearances or the police investigation?' she wondered. She sighed, pushing the thought away as she tried to focus on the lesson.

Once school ended she hurried to leave.

“Higurashi!”

Too late. She turned to face Houjou and the girls.

“Please, I really think you should join us,” he told her earnestly. “You really don't look so good. You're even paler than this morning.”

And she was, having just noticed Inuyasha waiting near the gate. “Alright, fine,” she told the boy distractedly.

He beamed at her. “See you at 7!”

Kagome waved distractedly and hurried to Inuyasha.

He glared at her. “Aren't you ready to go back yet? And what was that all about?”

“One more day, please? Then we can go over the weekend.”

“Fine, now answer my other question.”

“My friends were just inviting me to breakfast.”

Inuyasha perked up. “Food? I'm coming with you.”

“No you're not.”

And that was how she found herself standing outside Houjou's house, a baseball cap wearing hanyou beside her. Kagome smiled as the door opened. “Houjou-kun! I hope you don't mind that I brought a friend?”

“Of course not,” the boy beamed. “The more, the merrier.” He ushered them inside.

Kagome frowned as they walked through the house, something didn't feel right to her. Beside her, Inuyasha stiffened and she could see him taking surreptitious sniffs of the air.

“What is it?”

“Don't know. Be on guard,” he warned her.

Her frown deepened. What kind of danger could they possibly find at Houjou's house?

They entered the dining area and stopped, frozen at the sight before them. Kagome's fellow classmates were lounging around, dazed but happy expressions on their faces as they shoveled some green goop into their mouths. Plants filled the room, but they were moving, leafy limbs pushing more goop to the students. One shifted and Kagome recoiled in horror.

One of the boys from her class was laid out on the table, his body slit open from throat to navel. The plants moved again, and now she could see that they had faces, including razor-sharp teeth. One ducked down then rose, blood covering it's face as a strip of flesh dangled from it's mouth.

Kagome clutched at Inuyasha's arm. “What the fuck is going on here?!” the hanyou demanded.

The plant youkai glanced up, their faces turning dark green with anger. “You fool! You brought a hanyou and a miko here?!”

Houjou frowned. “Huh?” He turned to where Kagome was backing away from him. “Don't you like my plants, Higurashi?”

Inuyasha exploded into action as the plants began to swarm them, leafy appendages lashing out. He easily shredded them with his claws.

“No, don't!” Houjou cried.

With the last one destroyed, the other students snapped out of their dazes, immediately spitting out the goop and screaming at the sight of their dead classmate before running for the exit.

“No, why did you do that?” Houjou moaned. He held the remains of one of the plants to himself. “My club, my plants,” he moaned.

“I am so glad I never ate any of those things you gave me,” she said with a shudder. “Stay the hell away from me Houjou.” She turned and left with Inuyasha, leaving the boy to stare at the remains of his beloved plants.