InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ The Birthday Date ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 3, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: The Birthday Date
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : 16 Candles – July - #9
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 700
Summary: Kagome reluctantly agrees to a date to spare Houjou's feelings on his birthday. But why does she feel so uneasy?
Warnings: Language, Slight Gore?

------------------------


“Kagome!” Yuka hissed.

“He's going to ask you out!” Eri continued.

“You can't turn him down today, it's his birthday!” Ayumi added.

Kagome's heart sank as she turned, spotting the smile on the approaching boy's face.

“Higurashi, these are for you!” He thrust something at her. “It's medicinal herbs to help your stomach problem.” He beamed at her. “W-would you come to dinner at my house? I'm making something special.”

Kagome sighed and reluctantly agreed. She didn't have the heart to hurt him, not on his birthday.

“Great, I'll see you at 6!”

Kagome groaned as she walked into the house to find Inuyasha waiting for her. “I know I promised I'd come back but I can't. It's Houjou-kun's birthday. He's going to a lot of trouble to make a special meal. I can't hurt his feelings by not showing up.”

Inuyasha glared at her. “You can't go!”

She narrowed her eyes at him. “You can't tell me what to do! I already promised him! Now get out so I can change!” She threw the package Houjou had given her at him and slammed her bedroom door.

Inuyasha growled, absently grabbing the package as he stormed out to Goshinboku. He watched as she left, his claws tearing at the object in his hands. Suddenly he froze, a familiar scent wafting to his nose. He stared at the package in horror. “Kagome!” He leaped out of the tree, nose to the ground as he tried to follow her scent in the heavily trafficked area. He had to find her before it was too late.

Meanwhile, Kagome had reached Houjou's house. “Thanks for inviting me,” she told him, glancing uneasily around the empty house. “Your family's not home?”

“Nope, it's just us for the night. We had our own celebration earlier.” He smiled widely at  her.

“Oh that's right. Happy Birthday. So, how does it feel to be 16?” she asked, trying to tamp down her nervousness. Something didn't feel right. She brushed the thought aside, attributing it to the fact that she was on a date with Houjou, and not Inuyasha.

“Great. Everything's going to be perfect after today. Here sit.” He led her to a table set up for two. And candlelit.

Her heart sank. He was going all out. Kagome sighed as she sat down. She couldn't do this to him, lead him on like this. It wasn't fair to him. “Houjou-kun-”

He lifted a platter. “Here, try it,” he urged. “I made it myself from my own vegetable garden. It'll help solve your health problems, I guarantee it!”

Kagome sighed, eating a spoonful of the soup as she tried to find a way to break the news to him without hurting him. The broth burned it's way down her throat, over-spiced but she managed to keep from spitting it out as her eyes watered. “It's...great,” she told the eager boy.

“Eat,” he urged, eyes gleaming.

“Houjou-kun-” Kagome broke off, gasping as the room spun. She tilted to the side, her last sight the creepy grin on Houjou's face before everything went dark.

She awoke to find herself tied to a bed in a dark room, lit only by candles.

“Good, you're awake.”

“Houjou-kun, what's going on?!”

He came closer, a twisted grin on his face and a bloody knife in his hand. “I'm fulfilling my birthday wish. We'll be together forever, all of us! Don't you like my decorations?”

Kagome screamed at the blood-covered bodies of her friends and his family pinned to the walls in gruesome poses.

“And now the masterpiece!” The knife flashed.

Bang!

Houjou and the knife were gone. Kagome sighed with relief. “Inuyasha!”

“It's okay wench, I'm here.” He sliced the ropes and lifted her.

“How did you know?”

“I recognized the scent on those herbs you threw at me. Bastard was trying to poison you.” She shuddered in his arms. “Don't worry, he'll never hurt you again.” They left Houjou with his victims, lying forgotten in a pool of his own blood.