InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ The Wizard's Plan ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 4, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: The Wizard's Plan
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : The Lion King  – July - #13
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 494
Summary: Inuyasha and the others hurry to find Kagome. Follows the previous entry in the collection, The Wizard.
Warnings: Language

--------------------------


“Damn it!” Inuyasha snarled, his fist lashing out against a tree as he tried again and again to catch a trace of Kagome's scent. “She couldn't have just vanished into thin air.” He tried not to think of what horrors she might be facing, alone, without him there to protect her. Another growl escaped him.

“Easy my friend, we will find her,” Miroku tried to calm him.

“Don't try that shit on me Bouzu, who knows what the bastard's doing to her!” He tightened his grip on Tessaiga as red rimmed his eyes.

Sango exchanged a startled look with Miroku. They had to find Kagome fast, and not just for her sake. Inuyasha was rapidly losing control. She opened her mouth to suggest that they head deeper into the forest when Inuyasha gave a low growl.

“Come out ya Bastard, I can smell ya!” His nostrils flared and he darted forward, reaching into the brush.

Sango frowned as he pulled a rabbit out of the bush. “Inuyasha! Now is not the time to be thinking with your stomach!”

He growled at her before slamming the 'rabbit' against a tree. There was a pop and suddenly he held a Tanuki. “Don't hurt me,” the youkai pleaded. “I didn't do anything, I swear!”

“Where is Kagome?!” Inuyasha roared into his face.

“I don't know any Kagome!” The tanuki whimpered in fear.

“The girl that was with us. You know something! Who took her and where? Answer me!” Inuyasha held his lengthening claws to the tanuki's neck.

“It wasn't me! It was the wizard, Osamu! He'll have taken her to his fortress!” The tanuki shuddered in fear. “Don't tell him I told you, I beg you!”

Inuyasha slammed him against the tree once more. “Talk! What fortress? Why did he take her? What does he want?!”

“He wants to rule the area. He hopes to do that by transforming himself into the Lion King and taking control of all of the cats in the area. In case you weren't aware, there are numerous cat youkai that live in this region. He thinks that by transforming himself into the strongest of all cats, he will control them, and thus this area. He's been gathering ingredients from those he killed, preparing his ritual. Your friend must be the missing piece, something to power it. Please don't hurt me, I just want to get out of here before he succeeds,” the tanuki begged.

Inuyasha snarled as he slammed him into the tree once more. “Where is this fortress?!”

The tanuki quickly told him where to find it. Inuyasha released him and sped off through the dark forest in the direction he indicated. 'Hold on Kagome, I'm coming!'

The others quickly followed on Kirara. It was now a race against time. They could only hope they would reach their friend before it was too late.