InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ Pet Shopping ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 9, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: Pet Shopping
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Cat People – June - #5
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Admin's Genre- Comedy
Universe: A/U
Word Count: 513
Summary: Inuyasha's daughter asks him for something.
Warnings: None

---------------------


“Daddy? Can I get a cat?”

Inuyasha's head shot up at his daughter's request. He gave her an odd look before spotting his wife's smiling face. “You put her up to this,” he accused as he gave Kagome a dirty look. Looking back at his daughter he simply said “No,” and went back to his newspaper.

The seven-year old pouted. “Why not? I'll take care of it, I promise.” Kagome hid her smile behind her hand as the girl gave her father the dreaded puppy-dog eyes. Especially effective coming from a dog hanyou.

Inuyasha shot her an incredulous look. “We are not cat people,” he said firmly.

“But I love cats, and Mama had a cat when she was my age.”

“That fat, lazy thing?” Inuyasha grumbled under his breath as he tried to ignore the looks his little girl was sending his way. “We're dog hanyou, what do we need a cat for? Unless you're planning to chase it up a tree in which case I suggest the neighbor's cat.”

“Inuyasha!” Kagome scolded.

“Please Daddy?”

“No!” Inuyasha tried his best not to look at his daughter's pleading face. He failed and a short time later found himself standing in a pet store as his wife and daughter cooed over the kittens.

“We're dogs, not cats. Why couldn't she have just asked for a puppy? I've got no problem giving her a little brother or sister.” He smirked before finding a ball of fluff being shoved in his face.

“This one Daddy, oh isn't she so cute?”

He growled as the thing hissed at him. “Yeah, real cute.” He glared at the thing in his daughter's hands.

“Oh, excellent choice,” the saleslady spoke up. “I'm sure she'll fit in with your family real well. After all, cats stick together,” she said as she glanced first at Inuyasha then his daughter's ears.

“We're not cats! We're dogs!” he bellowed at the woman. The cat, frightened by his outburst, leaped out of Izayoi's hands, landed on top of his head and proceeded to get tangled up in his hair.

As a cursing Inuyasha tried to dislodge the hissing, scratching animal, Kagome turned to the worried saleslady. “We'll take her. With a reaction like that she'll fit in in no time.” She winced when her husband fell into a display, then pasted a smile on her face for the woman while Izayoi yelled at her father not to hurt her new cat.

“And stay off my chair!” A sullen and angry Inuyasha told the cat later that night. “What the hell does a family of dogs need with a pet cat?!” he grumbled to himself once more before yelping as sharp little claws dug into his ankle.

“I think Fluffy likes Daddy, don't you?” Izayoi asked her mother.

“Oh, definitely,” Kagome agreed with a smirk. 'Serves him right for forgetting to mention that I was fertile!' Inuyasha would be getting that 'puppy' after all.