InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ An Answer's Question ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 7
An Answer's Question
 
“Your sword is the only thing that can fully destroy, Shikon no Tama.” Kikyou said.
 
Hearing this, Sesshoumaru just walked away. The miko drew her bow and aimed at him.
But the target didn't even stop, he just continued on his way. Kikyou lowered her bow and went back to the forest.
As the miko continues on her journey, a shinigami descended and took the form of a girl.
“Kikyou-dono, why didn't you fire it?” the shinigami asked.
“Kocho, I cannot seal a youkai from its back, Inuyasha's brother knew that very well.” Kikyou answered.
“Your purpose wasn't satisfied then.” Kocho stated.
“I just needed to plant the idea in his mind; my purpose was more than satisfied.” The miko replied dismissing the shinigami.
 
“How's she?” Sango asked while waiting outside the cottage.
“She's fine, she just lost consciousness.” Kaede replied, exiting.
“What happened to her?” Kaede added.
Everyone was silent; they weren't really sure what to answer.
“She was in a lot of pain.” Inuyasha broke while sitting on a branch of the tree looking at the crescent moon.
“Inuyasha…” Sango whispered.
“Inuyasha found her and Shippo unconscious in the woods.” Miroku said.
“Err… What happened to Shippo anyway?” Miroku said to himself.
Everybody looked at Shippo, the kitsune jumped and pondered.
“hmmm…..hmmmm…..uuuuhhhhhh……I… ; ;” Shippo started, all attention was on him, ears and all.
“I can't remember.” Shippo said chuckling.
***SMACK*** a large lump grew on Shippo's head when Inuyasha heard the conversation.
“OUCH!! It's not my fault I don't remember!” Shippo argued.
“I just thought, hitting your head will help.” Inuyasha said bluntly.
Shippo was speechless; on the other hand all were disappointed with the answer.
Sango sighed when Miroku thought of an idea. “Oh yeah.” He said tapping his fist on his hand. “Kaeda-basan, will hamafuda work on………” Miroku whispered in Kaede's ear. “OH! That's a great idea.” Kaede blurted. The two approached Shippo with scheming eyes that made the fox scream.
“Uwaahhh…!”
“What are you doing?!!” Shippo shouted while being tied by Miroku.
“Don't worry, this won't hurt.” Miroku chuckled while pasting a sheet of paper on Shippo's forehead. “What's that? What's—.” Shippo was in a trance, motionless.
“OK, Shippo, what do you think of Inuyasha?” Miroku asked.
“What is this about, Miroku?” Sango wondered.
“Inuyasha, is a violent, two-timing, loudmouth brother.” Shippo said monotonously.
“Hmmm…Seems accurate.” Miroku said to himself.
“What's that suppose to mean?” Inuyasha glared.
“What's with him?” Sango asked.
“That's a Truth Hamafuda, it can force any person to speak the truth.” Kaede explained.
“Truth? But Shippo forgot right?” Sango said.
“Wether he remembers or not, it doesn't matter, the spell will force him to say the truth.” Kaede said.
“Yosh! What happened to you in the forest?” Miroku asked.
“I was waiting for Kagome… looking down the well… hoping… she would appear… then… everything went dark…” Shippo said monotonously.
At this the monk sighed and was about to take the hamafuda off the fox when Shippo spoke.
“Mirror…I saw a mirror reflecting the moon's light…” Shippo added.
“Mirror?! Then, there's no doubt about it…”Sango said.
“Kanna—Kanna sucked Kagome's soul again!” Inuyasha shouted.
“Yes, but this is different, Kagome-san was only weakened when her soul was sucked by Kanna back then.” Miroku concluded.
“Then…how did she lose her memory?” he added.
Everybody pondered; there was silence across the room, when somebody entered it.
“I can answer that.” A black-haired woman surrounded with white light entered. Everybody was in shock at her appearance.
“Kikyou-onesama!” Kaede shouted.
“Wait!” Miroku interrupted.
“Why didn't Inuyasha sense you were here?” he continued.
There was a pause, the miko's eyes narrowed and said.
“The week is close to a new moon…he's losing his youkai powers.”
Miroku's guard lowered with a hint of relief.
“Kikyou…how did she lose her memory?” Inuyasha spoke, holding Kagome in his arms.
The undead miko summoned her shinigamis; two descended…Kocho and Asuka.
“There is no time for a reunion, her existence is at stake.” Kocho said bluntly.
“Kagome-sama's soul of memory was extracted.” Asuka explained.
“Let's sit down, this will be long.” Kaede insisted.
As they sat Miroku spoke. “I just heard it from my father before, that there were 4 types of souls.”
“Five, for us shinigamis.” Asuka corrected.
“Life, Memory, Power, Being and Likeness.” Kocho added. “For us shinigami's, there is fine line between living and existing.” She continued.
“Take Kikyou-dono as an example.” Asuka added.
“So I assume that if Naraku took Kagome's memory, he wants to know something then.” Miroku concluded.
“That may be.” Kikyou answered.
“There is only one complication.” Asuka interrupted.
“Kagome-sama is a reincarnation; she possesses two souls.” Kocho said.
“Now the question is…” she continued.
“Which soul of memory did Naraku extract? Kikyou-dono's or Kagome-sama's?” Asuka added as silence filled the room.
 
To be continued…