InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ One soul, One love ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 10
One soul, One love.
 
“Hehehehe, now Inuyasha…who will you save first?”
 
The arrows were still flying; about to hit their targets. Inuyasha is still on the ground; frozen. With his claws, he pierced his own palm.
“Hijintesou!!” he shouted and sends slashes of his own blood flying towards both arrows; right before the impact. Kikyou's arrow was deflected by one of the random attacks, cutting it in half but as the dark arrow was split; it still emitted a cloud of shouki, trapping Kikyou. Inuyasha leaped and saved the miko from the cloud.
**cough*cough**
“Kikyou, you ok?” Inuyasha asked while in midair.
“Yeah, I just inhaled some…let's finish this.” Kikyou replied as Inuyasha dashed in front of Kagome.
Kikyou grabbed Kagome by the arms and started to radiated with a pink light, at the contact Kagome screamed in pain as a black cloud emerged from her body. Kikyou stood back; aimed her arrow at the cloud and purified it. Kagome collapsed as Inuyasha catches her. Kikyou also collapses, Inuyasha let go of Kagome and caught Kikyou from falling. “You're not ok…” he said holding her by the shoulders.
“I used too much of my powers, I will be fine.” Kikyou groaned; standing up.
 
As the force field faded, Miroku and the others hurried to Kagome's care.
“She's fine, she's just unconscious…” Kaede said checking her condition.
“Inuyasha, we'll take care of Kagome.” Miroku said carrying Kagome to the village.
“Miroku, that better be not perverted; or else you'll be the one who's unconscious.” Sango warned watching the monks hold on Kagome. As they left, Kaede looked back; taking a last glimpse at her sister.
 
In Naraku's headquarters, Kanna's mirror showed Kagome's condition.
“Well, Naraku; you're plan failed…” Kagura smugged; almost smiling.
“Why is it Kagura that a copy of me doesn't obey my order and likes to see me fail?” Naraku glared back.
“That is if I did fail…” he added.
“All of us saw what happened, the arrows missed…and I will not comprehend with such a random order!” Kagura raised her voice standing up; insulted.
“True, I didn't know Inuyasha's brain is capable for a last minute strategy…but it doesn't end there.” Naraku replied as he grasped the blackened jewel on his palm. “Now, about the things I ordered you to bring…” He continued approaching Kagura.
 
“Eh?! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!!!!!” Shippo shouted regaining consciousness from taking off the Hamafuda as he saw Kagome lying down.
“Kumene, Shippo-chan…It crossed my mind…” Miroku apologized with a silly smile.
“Hmmppp!!” Shippo pouted. He looked around, something was missing.
“Eh? Where's Inuyasha?” he wondered.
“It's a long story…” Sango replied tending on Kagome.
 
In Kagome's mind her fighting hasn't ended yet.
 
In her nightmare everything was black…flashes of their former and recent opponents started to appear; she was scared, running endlessly.
Then she saw Miroku opening his palm and sucking some of the youkai that was chasing her. Kagome continued running towards Miroku then the void started to get bigger, sucking Miroku himself.
“Miroku!!” Kagome shouted reaching for him.
“Stand back!!” he shouted back as he was devoured by the curse.
Kagome's legs grew limp when she saw his predicted death. She kneeled and started crying…“Hirariakotsu!” a large boomerang swooped down and cut the numerous youkai at her back.
“Kagome-chan, run!!” Kagome looked up and saw Sango fighting the monsters man to monster. She hurried to escape when she heard a scream. As she looked back, it was Sango being stabbed by a kunai.
As a boy emerged from the shadows, “Kohaku…” Sango whispered her last words. Kohaku regained consciousness from those words. “Anenue…” he shook, slowly approaching her. As he touched the cold corpse he shouted.
“Anenue!!!” A mob of youkai burst out of the boy forming a sinister identity. “Naraku…” Kagome whispered with tears as she ran forward to escape. Naraku chuckled as he chased after the miko with a kitsune on his back. Kagome ran faster as she cried in her mind, “everyone…kumene…”
Suddenly there was a beam of light ahead of her…she looked up with a smile of relief; she whispered.
“Inuyasha…Inuyasha!!!” running towards him. Inuyasha wasn't himself; he looked sad but serious when Kikyou appeared beside him. “Kumene…” he said. Kagome stopped with surprise as she felt Naraku's grasp on her when she opened her eyes.
 
“Kagome-chan! You ok?” Sango asked as Kagome woke up dripping with sweat. She was breathing heavily. Out of the blue she gasped, “Inuyasha…”
“Inuyasha is with Kikyou.” Miroku said bluntly.
“Miroku…” Sango cautioned at the indelicate monk.
“Sango, they cannot keep ignoring this, for all we know this is exactly what Naraku is planning.” He replied turning back to Kagome.
Kagome took off and ran to the forest, Sango stopped her but Miroku held her back as Kagome entered the forest. She reached the destination and hid at the back of a tree; as usual as she eavesdropped on the conversation.
“Inuyasha, I'll be fine; go tend to Kagome.” Kikyou groaned as shinigamis search for souls to strengthen the miko.
“No…She has Sango and Miroku there…you, you only have me.” Inuyasha hushed as he hugged the miko.
At this Kagome whispered, “Yes, she only has you…” as a tear fell from her eyes. She glowed a bluish light and a ball of it emerged from her body as she walked away. It flew higher and higher when a shinigami caught it with its claws, it turned back to its mistress and the light entered her body.
Kikyou felt a surge of power, she was regenerated fully.
“What power for a soul, a miko could have died.” She thought.
 
To be continued…