InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change, the Only Constant ❯ Surprise ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Happy New Year!!! Hope the old one was good and the new one better. Oh the cheesiness, but its true.
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, but maybe I could borrow a certain demon lord for a while?
 
“Blah”= Talking
`Blah'= Thinking
*Blah*= InuDemon
 
Surprise
 
That night after dinner Kagome, Inuyasha and a fully stocked backpack said good-bye to the Higurashis and jumped into the well.
 
On the other side loud noises could be heard from the direction of the village.
 
“What the HELL is going on?”
 
*Quickly, this is our territory and the rest of our pack is there.*
 
“Come on Inuyasha we have to help the others!”
 
They arrived to find all the villagers holed up in the shrine protected from debris and lesser demons by Kaede's barrier. A little ways away in a clearing near the village were Sango, Kilala, Miroku, Kouga and even Shippo. They were fiercely battling Kagura, Kanna, Kohaku and
 
“Naraku” Inuyasha spat.
 
It seemed no one had noticed their arrival yet which was proved by Naraku's next statement,
 
“This will be god. I can kill all you pests, get the jewel and there is nothing Inuyasha can do about it. Mwhaha.” Naraku's crazed voice was full of arrogant malice. “I must thank you again dear Kagura for telling me Inuyasha's night of weakness.” Seeing the socked faces he, as most bad guys are wont, misinterpreted and started to laugh a very, very creepy laugh. Naraku's glee was cut off by a wind scar racing along the ground towards him.
 
“Whose night of weakness is it?” Asked Inuyasha standing there, Kagome beside him with a drawn bow. Shouts of “Inuyasha” and “Kagome” were heard. Kagome spoke up,
 
“Its past time you paid for all the pain you caused.”
 
“Damn you Kagura, you betrayed me for the last time!” An enraged Naraku held out his hand and squeezed it into a fist. Kagura shrieked and went limp. Naraku reabsorbed her and Kanna. Without warning a tentacle also shot out straight for the shard in Kohaku's back. Sango started to move to protect her brother but was stopped.
 
“Please sister, let me go. Do not make me live with my sins. Bury me with Father.”
 
“Kohaku.” Sango whispered, “I will avenge you and our village!”
Sango on Kilala and Miroku dealt with Naraku's tentacles while Inuyasha and Kagome worked on Naraku himself.
 
Kagome, down to her last arrow, started thinking, waiting for the best time to strike.
 
`Poor Sango now the last of the demon slayers. She couldn't help her brother in the end. But she still has us for a family. Miroku. If we don't end this now the wind tunnel will absorbed him. We'll lose a friend and a source of great wisdom. Inuyasha. Despite his gruff exterior he really cares even after his horrible childhood. He has put his life on the line for all of us more than once. I wish I had his courage. I love them all I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't see them anymore.'
 
Suddenly the jewel shards she had started to resonate and she heard a whisper in her mind
 
“Aim for the jewel.” So she did. When her sacred arrow hit Naraku's jewel you could see her powers fighting Naraku's evil. The others drifted over to her, Sango, Kilala and Miroku on her right; Inuyasha, Shippo and Koga on her left. She felt their support and pressed harder on the evil. Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku felt/heard whispered commands as well. Miroku placed some sacred sutras on Sango's Hirikotsu. Sango hurled it and on the tail of that came the wind scar.
 
When the dust settled in the middle of the clearing lay a human corpse all bandaged up surrounded by many dead demons. But most important was the rest of the newly purified jewel floating there. Kagome walked towards it as if in a trance, the others watching impressed. When Kagome put the two pieces together there was a blinding flash.
 
“Thank you for finally completing what had to be done. I am truly sorry for all your hardships. But you are all stronger for them and still have one another.” The calm, soothing voice belonged to a woman with long black hair and bright blue eyes.
 
“Midoriko” Miroku breathed. She turned those bright, sparkling eyes on him.
 
“Yes young monk. The jewel was made in a last, desperate attempt and caused more problems than it solved. However it could only be made safe under certain circumstances. Four people must come together of their own free will and each one must represent one of the four aspects of the jewel. The aspects of family, wisdom, courage and love.” She pointed to Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha and Kagome respectively. “Now that you have and the jewel has been purified, Kagome split the jewel into four and give one piece to each of you.” Kagome did this and each piece was absorbed into its owner's body.
 
“Each of you will carry a piece of the jewel until your death. When you are about to die you must choose a successor to pass it to the one who will continue to keep it safe.
For your troubles you will be granted one thing, even if it is just knowledge on something you have but don't realize it yet. Prince of wolves, your tribe and the Northern wolves will unite and grow strong.” The proud demon bowed low and left the warrior-miko's strong presence to gather his comrades and leave.
 
“You young fox already have what you want, a family.” Shippo nodded from his place on Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
“Slayer Sango, you maybe the last of your people for now but your descendants will take up the trade.” Sango bowed but no one missed the pleased look on her face. Her people would not fade she had a right to be pleased.
 
“Monk Miroku with your wind tunnel gone you are now free to ask the question which has plagued you for so long. You will not be disappointed.” A glance at a certain young woman preceded his bow.
 
“Kagome the well will remain open as long as you go through it every so often. I advise you to pick one side to stay in and to visit the other. There is a reason on each side why you should pick that era, so you should think carefully.” Kagome bowed and looked at her unusual family. Inuyasha had a disgruntled look but before she could ask him about it Midoriko interrupted.
 
“No Inuyasha I have not forgotten you. For you, knowledge. When your human, demon and hanyou side finally accept one another and agree on something then you will be complete. As a demon blood lust will no longer haunt you and as a human you will no longer feel so weak.” Inuyasha nodded absorbing the information.
 
“Now I am free to rest in piece knowing that the jewel is in good hands. I thank you all.”
 
Hope it was worth the wait XD
 
Better fifty enemies outside the house than one within. And
There are two things that cannot be cured: death and the want of sense