InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Changing is Inevitable ❯ United once again ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Fifthteen United Once Again
 
;;;Kagome, Etsuko, and Shippo traveling to the well;;;
:::Kagome:::
Etsuko, Shippo, and I were nearing the well. We had fought with many demons and have gotten about 15 shards because Naraku sent demons after demons after Etsuko, Shippo, and I.
"Do you know the legend of Keiko, Etsuko?" I quesioned.
"Yes, I do. She traveled to my village once. When my parents were still alive," she answered, with her bangs covering her eyes. She has dark green hair that matched her emerald colored eyes. She was as tall as Sango. For her age and being demon, she was perfect. She had long legs that helps her in speed and she had a quick mind that helps her in times of danger.
"I'm sorry to bring you pain," I said stopping and looking at her.
"No, its good to finally get it off my chest."
"We should stop now, it is almost time for the sun to set," I said asking her more then stating it. Etsuko nodded and then sat on a rock. The clearing was small, yet it was big enough. "I don't mean to pry, but what happened to your parents? You don't have to tell me if you truly don't want too. I know how it feels to lose someone that is just right there. Trust me, it would help if you told someone."
"I know. That was what my mother said when my father died. My father was a tiger demon in the East that protected the Lord himself. He wasn't payed well because people knew that he mated with my mother. But her loved my mother and didn't care if the whole world knew his love for my mother. Mother was a just a healer. She stayed with her father and helped him with business until my father came along with a wounded side. She helped him and they soon fell in love. My father loved me too. He would always come home and play with me and teach me how to use my demon powers but he never stayed long." Etsuko was now on the verge of tears. All the things were set out around the clearing and Shippo agreed to make the fire. I sat down next to her and put a reasuring hand on her shoulder.
"It must have been hard for you," I said, handing her a piece of cloth.
"Yes. Then one day he came home with masima in his lungs and my mother tried with all her might to save him. But he was also badly wounded and couldn't survive. I was 4 when he died and we morned for him. Mother then started working for Lord at night for extra money. Then I got sick with an unknown sickness. My mother tried her best but couldn't do anything. She then called Keiko. She had heard form village gossipers that she was near. Keiko came and healed me with miko powers and then gave some money to us to spend for food. She also taught my mother how to use magic and how to use some of her energy to help heal wounds fast. We didn't know how to thank her. Keiko was truly an angel.
"My mother then caught a sickness of her own and died the next day. Her last words were, 'Never lose hope my daughter.' Those words are the only thing that keeps me moving these days. Then I hear of Keiko's death and moved to the village of Saki. Lady Sayuri said she needed help and I was looking for money so I helped her." Etsuko's face was now covered with fresh tears.
I pulled her into a warm embrace and stay like that til the sunset.
"Thank you Kagome, you really are an angel. Not just because of power, because of your loving soul that can care for 1,000s," Etsuko said.
"Etsuko, to have power, you need to care. Now, I'm hungry, do you want something to eat?" I said. Then Etsuko's stomach growls. Etsuko turned red. "Don't worry, that happens to me all the time. Just relax. Its not like I'm going to kill you just because your hungry."
"Many demons wouldn't mind a mid-night snack," Etsuko said standing up quickly.
"Why do you think I would do that?" I said a bite confuessed. I stood up and walked to her.
"There is a demon coming right now. Do you not feel it? Its coming at a fast speed too."
"Your a worry bug. The demon thats coming isn't going to harm you," I said. I was infront Etsuko when Inu Yasha came in the clearing with Tetsusaiga out. My back was facing him so he couldn't see my face. I was in my human form. The one that Inu Yasha wants to kill. He jumped up and brought the sword down. If I didn't know that was coming, it would've been a clean slice right down the middle of the my back. But I did see it coming. I was still talking with Etsuko when it happened.
"That demon is just half. Like you, but I know him and he knows me," I said. During my sentence, I took Yasuragi and held it right in Inu Yasha's way. He hit the sword instead of me.
Etsuko just looked at me confussed. "Then why did he just attack you?"
"I said he knew me, it doesn't mean that he didn't want to kill me," I said. I turned around quick and gave Inu Yasha the death glare. He just looked at me like I grew two heads. I was guessing he didn't see the Hanyou behind me. "Inu Yasha, put that sword away or I will have to take it myself."
"Feh," he said puting her sword away and crossed his arms.
"Inu Yasha, meet Etsuko. Etsuko, met Inu Yasha," I said and moved out of the way. Inu Yasha looked at Etsuko and I could've swear I saw drool. He mouth was wide open for the whole world to see and enter. "Close your mouth Inu Yasha. I know you think she is pretty. Now, it might be better to just say hi. I am pretty sure she doesn't want to smell you breath."
Inu Yasha and Etsuko turned bright red and then glared at me. Just then, Sango came in dragging Miroku. "Sango!" I said and ran over to her. She dropped Miroku and returned the embrace. Miroku then woke up with a start.
"Why, Lady Kagome! It is nice to see you again," he said. And then he looked around and saw Inu Yasha and Etsuko. "I see you brought a friend." He walked up to her and took her hand.
"Miroku, I wouldn't do that if I were you," I said quietly. Before Sango and Miroku came, I read Inu Yasha's thoughts. And the only thing I could hear was 'mine'. Which is really funny because I thought that Kikyo was his.
Miroku didn't take my advise. Not only was Inu Yasha going to be pissed, the last time I saw some one hit on Etsuko, she was a whole different person.
 
---Etsuko, Kagome, and Shippo in some village not to long after they met The Crossfires---
:::Kagome:::
We were travel across a village and we happened to stop at some store that had some nice kimonos in it. I immediately started searching though them. There were thousands and thousands of colors. I bought four. One for Sango, Yuko, Etsuko, and Rin. When I turned around. I saw Etsuko siting down and drinking tea with Shippo. Then a Hawk demon came up to her. I don't recall hearing anything over the noise, but it was something bad.
Etsuko then started beating the guy up. She punched him in the face. Kneed him in the stomach. Gave him a black eye. Then she started jumping, more like stomping, on him.
"How could you?! I mean there are kids around here! Don't you know that hiting on someone in public is rude!? How can people like you roam these lands!?" Etsuko yelled. It was really a funny sight. People started to gather and I really didn't want a crowd. I walked up to Etsuko and pulled her off the guy. He ended up with two broken arms, two black eyes, a swollen lip, bloody nose, and some broken ribs. I gave money to the store owner for their tea and said sorry for makeing such a comotion. I finally got Etsuko to calm down when she was out of the village.
---End Flashback---
 
;;;Inu Yasha group with Kagome and Etsuko;;;
:::Kagome:::
"Will you bear my child?" Miroku said. Too late. Now, we wait.
Etsuko stared at him. She then pulled her hand away from him and started slapping his face left, right left, right and soon with her eyes closed screaming, "You hentai! How could you! You perverted little monk!"
Sango then looked at me with wide eyes. She then bursted out laughing. I soon joined in. Inu Yasha was pissed but he was still smirking.
I have a feeling Etsuko was going to fit right in with our little group.
 
 
Yo, please review. I try to update as much as possible. Please REVIEW!!!