InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cheap Imitation ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================



A/N: This is my first 250 word drabble. Since I’m usually so wordy, this was actually a challenge. Yay me! (Yes, I know that technically, a true drabble is only 100 words, but don’t spoil it for me!)




~*~ Cheap Imitation ~*~




I am a cheap imitation, a poor substitute for the original. I was thrust into this world against my will, and know that I do not belong. I stay only because I must, because it is my duty to see to the completion of the sacred jewel. I was its protector, after all, and ultimately, I am to blame for its current state. After the jewel is complete, and Naraku defeated, I shall take my leave of this place. The only reservation I have in that regard is when it comes to the thought of leaving Inuyasha. No matter what he may feel for me, I know I love him with all my heart. It’s for that reason that I finally realized I must set him free. I had thought, at one time, that we belonged together, but am beginning to see now that he does not need me. I feel it in his hesitant embrace, I hear it in his stoic words, I see it in his eyes every time he looks at…her. Yes, my other half, as it were. The one whom my soul supposedly belongs to. Perhaps I was a part of her, once, but now I am my own person. I can never be the woman he wants me to be. I can never be her. I believe he knows that now. So once my duty here is complete, I shall take my leave, returning this false body to the soil from which it was comprised.