InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cold as you ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Chapter 9: You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray
 
Kagome studied Sesshomaru blatantly in the fire light. She really didn't care. He had asked to join their group to help defeat Naraku. She also knew it was to better protect Rin as Jaken sucked at that particular job. She had recognized that earlier on in their meetings. Of course Sesshomaru would never admit to it.
Everything about him screamed sexuality. Closing her eyes, she studied his aura. It was blank. It was simply like ice. She could see nothing of his true character beneath that shields. “Miko, you will desist in probing this Sesshomaru.” The rest of her group glanced at her in surprise as Kagome grinned cheekily. “Don't think I don't see the real you Sesshomaru.”
Jaken let out a screech and began insulting her but Sesshomaru threw a rock, knocking the imp out. “Explain Miko.” Kagome tilted her head back, her eyes growing distant and slightly sad. “You put up walls around you so no one can get in. It's almost as if they were painted grey so no one can see inside.” Kagome dropped her gaze back to Sesshomaru. If Kagome thought the look in his eyes was anything but boredom, she would almost see a companionable look. In that moment, she felt her heart trip.