InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Collected Works ❯ Memento ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Memento
Universe: AU (modern era high school)
Word Length (250 max): 250
Rating: T
Warnings: Implied sexy sexy times
Summary: She was the embodiment of virtue. He was her forbidden temptation.

Entry for: iyfic_contest Week 156, “Silver & Gold” prompt (3rd Place)

Disclaimer: The Inuyasha concept, story, and characters are copyright Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media.

~*~

This wasn’t supposed to happen.

She was supposed to be the good girl, the straight arrow, the paragon of purity.

She was Kagome Higurashi! The head of her class, captain of the archery squad. The super-lucky girl who was dating Hojo, the senior class president – the boy with the sweetest smile and calmest personality, who had a kind word for friends and enemies alike.

They were the Perfect Couple. Everyone knew their fairy-tale romance, how he swept her off her feet when they were still in middle school, how he doted on her during her prolonged illnesses and absences. He’d even given her a ring – not a promise ring, or his class ring, but a real ring, a beautiful platinum band.

It openly branded her as his, to the whole goddamned world. Hands off!

This wasn’t supposed to happen.

She was supposed to enjoy being the most envied girl of the class, with the devoted boyfriend, loving family, high marks and athleticism. What more could she possibly want?

Him. Wild, dark, passionate but contained. They were friends (and history project partners), but for one moment…

She would always remember that night: the sudden storm, pouring rain, lightning streaking across the sky, thunder rattling the windows. Ducking under the library tables, shivering with nervous laughter and forbidden desire...

…kissing him…limbs entwined…clothes removed…

It was crazy–stupid–illicit–tempting.

They couldn’t see each other again, after finishing that project...

…but he left her that night with a memento of silver and gold.