InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Settling In ( Chapter 33 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Thanks to those who reviewed….i'm kinda toolazy today to mention everyone but thanks a million, your reviews drove the blank wall away….
And that blank wall was harsh…tsk. Thanks for pulling me out of it.
I'll answer you guys in the next chapter…promise ^_^
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 33:SETTLING IN
 
 
Kagome shrugged her hair free from the tight braid. The heat is turning people into idiots. She looked at her side mirror and noticed another bright red roadster following. Damn, he's cute but he's stupid. Kagome thought as she let the car's hood down. She smiled as the wind whipped her hair, making it appear like a dark halo has surrounded her.
 
She stopped at a red light and the red roadster stopped beside hers.
 
“Hey!” Inuyasha called and Kagome looked at him. “I'm sorry about earlier.” He said as he looked at the girl's deliciously disheveled form. Kagome just stared at him.
 
“I said I'm sorry, say something.” Inuyasha yelled again.
 
“Something.” Kagome said and winked at him leaving Inuyasha gaping after her. Kagome smiled as she looked at her side mirror. Ah, I lost my temper…I'm glad he ducked that energy ball... She thought as she pushed a button and the stereo roared to life… He's…charming. She laughed softly and she took another look at the side mirror.
 
Inuyasha could not help the smile that tugged at his mouth. I'll find you…He thought as he maneuvered a u-turn intending to go back to the manor. I'll find you… He closed his eyes to calm his youkai down. Mine. His youkai chanted and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“We don't even know her name and you're laying a claim on her?” Mine. Ours. Mate.
 
Damn, I'm going crazy. Inuyasha said as he felt his eyes bleed crimson.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“I thought you're scheduled to leave for the university tomorrow?” Mrs. Higurshi asked her daughter.
 
“Yes, but I'd rather leave tonight, my things were sent in advance remember, Mama?”
 
“But why tonight?”
 
“I don't want to compete with tomorrow's traffic, I'm sure it will be heavy considering that registration starts tomorrow. I want to get settled in tonight so I'll have a fresh start tomorrow.” Kagome reasoned as she picked her pink shoulder bag up.”
 
“Okay, take care.” Mrs. Higurashi said as she hugged her daughter.
 
“Don't worry, I'm coming back this weekend, I just want to get settled in my dormitory first.”
 
“Drive carefully, nee-chan.” Souta piped in as Kagome hugged him.
 
“Don't forget to put the talisman I gave you outside your door to ward evil spirits off.”
 
“I will, Ji-chan.” Kagome replied as she kissed her grandfather's cheek.
 
“Call as soon as you arrive.” Mrs. Higurashi reminded and Kagome turned around to wave at her family. Freedom. She thought as she ran down the steps. She opened her car and her cell phone rang.
 
“Sango.” Kagome said as she buckled herself in.
 
“You wouldn't believe what happened.” Sango said and Kagome quickly attached the hands-free kit on her cell phone.
 
“Hmm….does it has to do with you and Miroku butt-naked?” Kagome teased and laughed loudly as she maneuvered her car.
 
“Damn, have you turned psychic or something?” Sango asked.
 
“YOU WERE CAUGHT LIKE THAT?!” Kagome could not help but yell.
 
“Well….”
 
“Gods, Sango what were you thinking. A going-to-college fuck?”
 
“You're harsh! But yeah, I was thinking along those lines.” Sango replied and sighed.
 
“I'm sorry…” Kagome apologized.
 
“It's okay…”
 
“Did you forget to lock he door…”
 
“Ah, Miroku and his tongue….I even forgot my name.” Sango said and Kagome sniggered.
 
“So what did your dad do?”
 
“Married us off at the point of a shotgun.” Sango replied in monotone.
 
“WHAT?!”
 
“Quit yelling already, I'm newly-married not deaf…”
 
“How can you get married without me?” Kagome demanded.
 
“Duh, Kags…I just blinked and I was already married…I'm so sorry I forgot to send you your invitation.” Sango muttered and Kagome sighed.
 
“You're actually married.”
 
“Oh, Kagome…I am so in deep shit….”
 
“Well…” Kagome said unsure of what to say.
 
“I'm nineteen and married. What about those hot college guys we planned on drooling over, huh? Life sucks.”
 
“Don't worry, I'll drool over them for you…”
 
“Some friend you are…”
 
“I'll give a blow-by-blow account of everything.” Kagome joked as a car sped besides her making her step on the break suddenly.
 
“What's that I hear? Where are you?” Sango asked suddenly.
 
“I'm driving…”
 
“You have a car?!”
 
“A bright red, Z4 3OSi BMW Roadster.” Kagome said and laughed when she heard a thud on the other line.
 
“SHUT UP!” Sango yelled.
 
“Did you fall off your seat?”
 
“Yes..but…wow…you got yourself a roadster as going-away present and I got myself a husband.” Sango said sounding forlorn.
 
“How was your dad able to marry you quickly?”
 
“Well, he knows people…but that's not the worst part, he would mutter fornicators under his breathe as soon as his gaze falls on us…” Sango confessed and Kagome cracked.
 
“Well, at least you'll have free and wild sex every night.” Kagome replied still laughing.
 
“That's why I like talking to you my friend, you always manage to see the bright side of everything…” Sango retorted sardonically and Kagome laughed some more.
 
“I'm glad I was of service…” Kagome replied.
 
“He he. Look, the reason I called, aside from the news is that we're living on the same apartment…”
 
“You're sharing it with Miroku's cousin?”
 
“No, his parents rented one for us…ain't they sweet.”
 
“Okay…and…?” Kagome asked and swore mildly when she saw the traffic.
 
“And I was hoping you'd help me pick new furniture tomorrow.”
 
“Of course. When are you arriving?”
 
“We'll start driving at dawn. The registration would probably take half a day so is it okay if I meet you at two in the afternoon?”
 
“Sure, I'll finish putting my things in order tonight so I'll be free for out furniture-hunting tomorrow.”
 
“Okay, bye then Kags.”
 
“Bye Mrs. Houshi.” Kagome teased.
 
“Don't remind me.” Sango snorted before the line died.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha muttered a series of expletives as he maneuvered his car. Sesshoumaru and his brilliant ideas. Inuyasha thought and swore some more. Sesshoumaru had talked Inuyasha into leaving that night to avoid the traffic even though his things were sent two days ago. And here he is caught in the worst traffic his brother had told him he would avoid. He popped a cd inside his player and tapped his finger with the rhythm.
 
If Inuyasha had thought nothing could not get any worst, it started to rain. Shit, I have the worst luck tonight. He hated driving when it rains because he'll have to drive slower than usual. I'm going to kill you Sesshoumaru. And speaking of Sesshoumaru, his cell phone rang.
 
“How was the traffic?” Sesshoumaru asked without introduction.
 
“Perfect.” Inuyasha replied and he could almost hear Sesshoumaru smirk.
 
“You should thank me if it is, then.”
 
“Is this your idea of a joke, brother? I'm in the middle of the worst traffic ever and it's raining!”
 
“Inuyasha, Inuyasha…that's part of college…you know what they say, great minds think alike. It just so happens that you and the other Tokyo University students thought of the same idea - to drive to the university tonight to avoid the traffic tomorrow…”
 
“I did not think of such an idea, it was you who talked me into it!!”
 
“Ah, did I say great minds?”
 
“Wait till I get home this weekend Sesshoumaru!
 
“Empty threats, empty threats…” Sesshoumaru said and Inuyasha heard the other line died.
 
Damn bastard! He cursed as he tried to call his brother's number and was directed to a voice mail. I'm going to get you for this, Sesshoumaru.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“What are you smirking about?” Mr. Hirohito asked his eldest son.
 
“Nothing…” Sesshoumaru replied.
 
“Yeah right, and I'm not a full demon.”
 
“Dad, it scares me sometimes how you start to sound more and more like Inuyasha.”
 
“What had the boy gotten himself into this time to have you smirking happily like that?”
 
“He was caught in traffic…”
 
“So you told him to drive tonight to avoid the traffic tomorrow?” Mr. Hirohito asked.
 
“Yes and if I remember correctly you told me the same thing…” Sesshoumaru stated blandly.
 
“Ah, that was fun…”
 
“I don't remember laughing…”
 
“Well, I hope Inuyasha would see the humor behind it.”
 
“He didn't,”
 
“How did you know?”
 
“He's coming home this weekend…”
 
“Oh, I should ask Myouga to prepare the dungeons then...”
 
“Ask him to sharpen my sword too…”
 
“Okay, don't tell your mother…” Mr. Hirohito said as he left Sesshoumaru. “Did Inuyasha bring his tetsusaiga?” He asked as an afterthought.
 
“Yes…”
 
“Well, I'll call him tonight to have it sharpened too…”
 
“Okay, Father.” This time brother, I will kick your ass. Sesshoumaru thought and smiled. Have you found Kagome, Inuyasha? Sesshoumaru took his cellphone out and dialed a number.
 
“Jaken…”
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama…”
 
“Are the dorms okay?”
 
“Yes of course, Sesshoumaru-sama.”
 
“Did you do what I told you to do about Higurashi Kagome?”
 
“Yes, Sesshoumaru-sama.”
 
“Good. Inuyasha will be arriving tonight.”
 
“Ms. Higurashi's thing arrived three days ago and I had them brought up to the pent house.”
 
“Good. Good.”
 
“Thank you, Sesshoumaru-sama.”
 
“I'll send your check tomorrow.”
 
“You're most generous Sesshoumaru-sama.”
 
“Make sure that no other room is available for Higurashi…”
 
“Done, Sesshoumaru-sama.” Sesshoumaru smirked, he could almost picture the toad demon bowing incessantly as he put his cell phone down. Jaken used to be Sesshoumaru's assistant but he let him go and he now works as a dorm manager for Tokyo University. I paved the way for you, Inuyasha, now do the rest and don't mess this up.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Kagome was beyond exhausted as she trudged the dormitory's entrance.
 
Higurashi Kagome.” Kagome said in a tired voice as the receptionist looked at her dripping wet, her hair plastered to her head like a sodden veil.
 
“1025. Here's your key.” The receptionist said and smiled warmly at the shivering girl.
 
“Thanks.” Kagome muttered as she gave the receptionist a warm smile. Kagome was halfway to the university when it started to rain. She moaned when she remembered she was not able to take her umbrella with her. The elevator stopped on the tenth floor and Kagome tiredly looked for her room. Wait a minute, Mama got me the penthouse? She thought as she gazed the golden numbers above a single large, beautifully carved wooden door. Wow, Mama has pulled all the stops. Kagome thought as she looked up and down the beautifully decorated corridor. All for me. Hah! This floor is mine! Kagome thought happily as she fumbled with the keys the receptionist gave her.
 
Kagome's jaw dropped when she opened the door. The room was large, almost as large as the first floor of their shrine. Wow. She thought as she looked at gorgeously decorated room. To her right sits the leaving room. The whole living room floor was carpeted in rich mauve color to compliment the rich, oak walls. A wide-screen television sits in the middle of it with a large, matte gold sofa fronting it, two gold loveseats flunk the large sofa on either side. Kagome looked around appreciatively as she placed her key on the glass center table in the living room and proceeded to inspect the combined kitchen and dining room clapping her hands in glee as she looked at the modern appliances and the medium-size, glass, dining table sitting in the middle of it.
 
Wow. I love you, Mama. Kagome thought as she ran towards the narrow, well-lit corridor leading to the bedrooms, one door has her name in gold letters and she opened it hurriedly. The bedroom is big with beige carpeting and pink-covered bed. It has a walk-in closet and she was happy to note that her stuff were already arranged and stashed neatly inside it. She smiled as she ran towards the electric organ sitting near the large study table. Her collections of cds were neatly stashed in a beautiful, carved, wooden rack. She ran her fingers on the glass panel of her tall, wooden bookcase.
 
It's beautiful. She thought as she plopped down on the bed. She opened the door leading to the bathroom and noted that her towels and toiletries were already inside. Okay, so I have to share this penthouse with someone who's in love with the color red. Kagome thought as she looked at the red towels inside the cabinet beside her mostly pastel ones. Red toothbrush? This chick is romantic. Kagome smiled to herself. As she quickly peeled her wet clothes off her body and turned the shower on. She winced when she heard her stomach grumble remembering she had not eaten anything since she left the shrine. Must as well do my grocery shopping tonight, I think I saw a 24-hour convenience store nearby. She thought as she put her jacket on and grabbed her keys.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Inuyasha was in a rather foul mood. He was dripping wet from head to toe and he was hungry. He ignored the giggly, flirting girls who were looking at him with something similar to hunger in their eyes. Damn bimbos. Inuyasha thought as he purposely walked towards the ramen section of the convenience store. He cursed under his breath when a child hugged his knees from behind.
 
“Papa!” the child cried and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Oi kid, I'm not your father, so back off.” He snarled and looked on in horror as the child's mouth quivered and fat tears rolled down the little boy's cheek. Damn! Inuyasha cursed as the child wailed. He flattened his ears on top of his head to drown the sound.
 
“Hey, don't cry…” Inuyasha said as he kneeled before the child.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome smiled as she spotted a father trying awkwardly to comfort a wailing child. She pushed her grocery trolley along the narrow aisle looking for anything that's easy enough to cook as her dinner. Hah! She thought as she spotted the word RAMEN painted in bright red colors hanging in a cardboard sign above her.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“Shippou…” A woman called and Inuyasha let out a breath of relief when the child stopped crying.
 
“Mama!” the child said and ran towards his mother.
 
“I'm sorry, did my son cause you trouble?” A middle-aged demoness asked Inuyasha in an apologetic voice.
 
“Not at all…” Inuyasha replied smiling warmly at the child's mother.
 
“Okay, goodbye then.” The woman said and Inuyasha smirked when the boy stuck his tongue out at him. Weird kid. Inuyasha thought as he looked at the cardboard signs above him. Where are you my beloved ramen? He thought idly as he scanned the aisles.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Kagome sighed as he looked at the lone cup of instant ramen sitting on the shelf. Chicken flavor. I don't even like chicken-flavored ramen. Kagome thought as she reached for the cup but stopped when her cell phone rang.
 
“Hello, Mama?” Kagome said smiling.
 
“Kagome, you arrived safely?”
 
“Yes Mama. I was to call you after I've eaten dinner…”
 
“It's okay. I'm just glad you're safe…”
 
“Okay…Mama, thank you for yet another surprise.” Kagome said smiling briefly when she remembered the penthouse.
 
“What surprise?” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
 
“The pen--- HEY!” Kagome yelled suddenly when a silver-haired man grabbed the last ramen cup.
 
“Are you okay, Kagome?” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
 
“Some idiot took my ramen. Call you later.” Kagome said as she turned her cell phone off. “HEY, I was talking to you!”
 
Inuyasha sighed and turned around to face the owner of the voice and stopped. It's her. He thought as he looked at the raven-haired, blue-eyed girl who was walking menacingly towards him. I must have been really tired and hungry to miss her smell. He thought as he inhaled deeply, loving how her lavender scent mixed with the musky smell of earth and rain.
 
“You took my ramen!” Kagome stated calmly as she tried to reach up for the cup.
 
“I don't see your name written on it.” Inuyasha taunted and almost smiled when the girl's aura flared. Feisty. Deliciously feisty. He thought and his youkai agreed.
 
Kagome looked at the triangular ears on top of the man's head. He's a hanyou. She thought as she stared at the soft-fluffy appendages waiting to be touched. Such a strong youki for a hanyou.
 
“Like what you see?” Inuyasha taunted as Kagome stared at his ears.
 
“Loved it actually…” Kagome replied in an equally taunting voice and Inuyasha smiled. Damn, I love her spunk.
 
“Hmmm…” Inuyasha said noncommittally.
 
“As I was saying, you have my ramen.” Kagome said. Nice eyes. She thought as the guy before her raised his brow.
 
“And as I was saying I don't see your name written on it.”
 
“How can you say that when you don't even know my name, we have not even met before this! For all you know I'm Nissin!” Kagome replied mentioning the ramen's brand name.
 
Inuyasha realized the girl does not remember him. I had my hair under a cap and I was wearing sunglasses then, of course she won't be able to remember me. He thought but could not help the pang of disappointment that tugged at his chest.
 
“Well, Nissin-sama. I got it first so this ramen is mine.” Inuyasha mocked as he bowed before the girl.
 
“Over my dead body.” Kagome stated.
 
“Look, you were standing like an idiot there talking to your cell phone leaving the ramen free for anyone to grab…so this ramen is fair game.”
 
“The reason why I was standing in front of the ramen baka is because I intended to buy it, so you taking it is equal to stealing!”
 
“A kiss for the ramen…” Inuyasha teased.
 
“Okay, your lifeless body for a kiss…” Kagome replied.
 
“Aw honey, you planned on killing?”
 
“Baby, all is fair in love and war…” Kagome said as she walked towards him.
 
“Are you going to kiss me now?” Inuyasha teased although he felt uncomfortable when he saw the glint in the girl's eyes.
 
“Are you sure that's all you want? I can give you more than that…” Kagome replied as she stood in front of the hanyou, his breathing tickling the top of her head. Inuyasha stared as Kagome tilted her head towards him. Oh shit. He thought as he stared at the girl's closed eyes and slightly parted lips. She's really going to let me kiss her for a cup of ramen?! He stiffened when he felt the girl wrap her arms around his neck and his hands lowered to his sides in their own volition. Big Mistake.
 
Kagome kneed the man in the groin and grabbed the ramen making a wild dash towards the cashiers as Inuyasha writhed in pain on the floor. Hah! Victory! She thought as she hastily paid for her groceries. She squeaked when she looked back and saw the hanyou limping towards her. Darn! She ran towards her parked car, her heart pumping wildly in her chest.
 
Sneaky Bitch! Inuyasha thought as he tried to stand up straight. Damn sexy, sneaky bitch. He thought as he grabbed a loaf of bread and peanut butter from the shelves. Wait till I get my hands on you, I'm going to make you pay. He thought as he drove towards his dormitory.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Kagome changed into her pajamas as she turned the television on smiling at the ramen cup in her hands. My precious…She thought and laughed to herself. Gods, he was cute but well, hunger calls. She moaned as the noodles touched her tongue. Who would have thought ramen would taste this good?
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Inuyasha glared at receptionist smiling invitingly at him.
 
“Hirohito.” He stated blandly.
 
“1025. Your roommate arrived almost two hours ago.” The receptionist volunteered and Inuyasha chose to ignore her as he grabbed his keys. The elevator opened with a soft ping and Inuyasha's eyes bulged. She's been here. He thought as he smelled a trace of lavender inside the elevator. She lives in this dormitory too? I wonder on what floor she is. He thought smiling menacingly. I will have my revenge, bitch. He grinned to himself when he remembered how the girl pretended to kiss him just to get a cup of ramen. Feisty and sneaky. The elevator doors opened and he narrowed his eyes when he still could smell the girl's scent. But this floor only has one room. He contemplated as he took his keys out. He inhaled the air again. She's near. He crouched down as he sniffed the door knob. I'll be damned. He thought as he stared stupidly at his door.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Kagome slurped the ramen noisily as she watched Denzel Washington on the screen trying to chase a demon specter. Azalea. Creepy. She thought and she could not help the goose bumps that erupted in her arms. She had hastily taken a bath after she got home and heated water for the ramen. She heard a key being inserted and she perked up, excited to know who her new roommate is. Her only clue is that the girl's name is Yasha and she loves red. She hastily stood up turning the television off and bringing the cup of ramen with her. She patted her hair into place and pasted a smile on her face.
 
Inuyasha's heart was pounding as he slowly turned the knob. He grinned and shook his head thinking how shocked his new roommate would get when she sees him. He opened the door slightly…
 
“Honey, I'm home…” He called and Kagome froze, holding the ramen cup to her chest. Inuyasha let himself in and came face to face with a wide-eyed Kagome.
 
“Miss me?” Inuyasha taunted as Kagome continued to stare at him in disbelief. “We have some unfinished business….where were we?” He threateningly advanced towards an unmoving Kagome, his eyes drifted to her pink, slightly-parted lips.
 
Kagome screamed.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
R E V I E W