InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of Two Hearts ❯ White Ribbon ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other.
 
 
This was written for the First Tweak Community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “Ribbon” and it had to be a oneshot (301 words or more).
 
Title: White Ribbon
Rating: T
Type: Canon, Oneshot
Word Count: 1100
Characters: InuYasha/Kagome and Souta
Warning: Language
Summary: Kagome finds a mysterious ribbon of cloth in her room.
 
 
White Ribbon
 
Kagome entered her room and was about to flop down on the bed when she noticed a single ribbon of cloth hanging haphazardly off of the footboard. Picking it up, she ran the white cotton across her hands. “Kind of plain for a scarf,” she commented to herself. Walking over to her mirror, she wrapped the strip of fabric around her head. “Too long to use for that.” Untangling it from her hair, she wrapped it around her waist. “I guess it could be a men's obi, though it doesn't seem to be quite long enough for a traditional one, and too wide for a martial arts belt. It's definitely not big enough for a ladies'.” Puzzled, she held the mystery cloth between her fingers and stretched her hands as far apart as they would go. However, spreading the fabric band before her did not do a thing to answer her questions. Remembering why she originally returned to her room, she stretched out on her bed and closed her eyes, the strip of cotton still clutched in her hands.
 
“Thanks for taking a bath with me!” Souta exclaimed as he and InuYasha sat in the warm water. “I hope you can stay longer and we can do more stuff together since Naraku is gone.” The young boy looked seriously at the hanyou. “You are going to let my sister visit for a while, aren't you?”
 
InuYasha sank a little further into the tub and closed his eyes. “Feh, at least you didn't try to boil me alive this time. And yeah, Kagome deserves a break. She worked hard against Naraku and she's tired.” He didn't want to mention that he was weary after the battle, too. It was nice to be here with no one to try to kill him or to even call him names. Kagome's family had always been nice to him, even when he'd let his mouth run away with him.
 
“That'll make Mama happy,” Souta commented. “She was really worried when Kagome left after graduation. She didn't say anything, but I could tell. I think she was afraid Kagome might not get to come back.”
 
The hanyou's eyes snapped open. “I'd never let anything happen to her. I promised to protect her with my life.” His face reddened even more than from the heat of the water. He had not meant to admit that out loud.
 
Souta was shaking his head. “She wasn't worried about you protecting her; she was worried that the well might close and Kagome couldn't come back again.”
 
InuYasha's eyes had been drifting closed again, but he opened them to look at the serious young boy. “We don't know why the well works the way it does, but it's still open for now. Have you had enough yet? Kagome should be back soon.”
 
“Yeah, I guess so.” Souta stood from the bath and grabbed a towel. Drying himself off, he pulled on his briefs and then his pants and shirt he'd brought in with him. He handed InuYasha a towel. “Here. You can dry yourself off and then wrap it around you. I'll go down and see if Mama has your clothes ready. Why don't you wait in Kagome's room?”
The hanyou nodded and did as the boy suggested. With a towel wrapped around his waist, he went back to the young miko's room and entered it, closing the door behind him. It wasn't until he turned around he realized the reason her scent was so strong because she was there on her bed, softly snoring. He started to turn around and leave when he noticed what was tangled in her hands. “Oh, shit.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi had insisted on taking his clothing to wash it, but either she dropped his fundoshi, or had already laundered and returned it. He reddened as he watched Kagome's fingers caress the cloth in her sleep. However, he needed it in order to get dressed. Not wanting to wake her, he stealthily approached her and then began to try and pry the garment from her hands.
 
“It's mine,” she muttered as he tried to pull the strip free from her grip.
 
“It's mine and I need it,” he whispered in return. However, the harder he pulled, the tighter she held on. “Fuck!” he exclaimed softly, not realizing that his towel was in the process of falling off.
 
Kagome awakened to the sensation of her fingers being manipulated as he tried desperately to pry them loose. As her eyes slowly opened and began to focus, she realized that a very naked InuYasha had her hands in his. “Osuwari!”
 
“What the fuck was that for?” InuYasha shouted from the floor. One hand was still wrapped in the fundoshi and stretched upwards toward Kagome.
 
“You… you… you… you're naked!” Kagome yelled. “What are you doing in my room with no clothes on?”
 
“Trying to get dressed, but I can't!” the angry hanyou growled.
 
About that time Souta opened the door. “I have your clothes for you. Hey, Nee-chan, when did you get home?”
 
The embarrassed miko yanked the white cloth from the clawed hand and pressed it against her eyes. “A little while ago. And will you tell InuYasha to put something on?”
 
The hanyou sat up and pulled the towel that had fallen aside over his lap. “Kid, will you tell your sister to give my fundoshi back to me? I need it.”
 
Souta walked over and handed InuYasha the clothes Mama had laundered. “Cool! Will you show me how it goes on?”
 
“She has to let go of it first,” the hanyou mumbled.
 
“Let him have it, Nee-chan! I want to see how it goes on,” Souta said. “Please, give it to him? Besides, why do you want InuYasha's underwear?”
 
Kagome threw the long strip off of her face faster than if it were alive and wriggling and would bite. “I didn't know, I swear!” Curling up into a ball on her side, she hid her face. “Just shoot me; shoot me now.”
 
Relieved, InuYasha grabbed his undergarment and proceeded to wrap it in place.
 
“You're going too fast,” Souta complained. “I wanted to see-”
 
“Out!” Kagome demanded.
 
Souta took the hint and ran out of the room.
 
The miko groaned. “Why me?”
 
“It's not my fault you wouldn't let go,” InuYasha answered.
 
Kagome jumped. “Is he gone?”
 
“Keh.”
 
“I'm sorry, InuYasha. There's still so much I don't know…”
 
The hanyou couldn't help but to blush. “Well, you know what my fundoshi looks like now.”
 
“A long white ribbon,” she commented off-handedly, “that wraps a very nice package.”