InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of Two Hearts ❯ Dance in the Dark ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
This was written for Week Eleven at the IY Captions Community at LiveJournal
Prompt: http://belafantasy.deviantart.com/art/Come-over-here-Kagome-48 40476
Requirement: 250+ words
 
Thanks to inufan625 for the beta job!
 
Title: Dance in the Dark
Pairing: InuYasha/Kagome
Rating: R
Word count: 620
Warnings: Spoilers for Manga Chapter 556-558; Sexual situations
Summary: InuYasha waits for his lover.
 
 
Dance in the Dark
 
 
Kagome smiled as she pushed her way through the brush and one of the sexiest sights she'd ever laid her eyes on came into view. With the deepening twilight of the approaching night as the backdrop, there was InuYasha resting against a tree. His hakama was untied and barely covering his hips. His haori was mostly off with only the sleeve still hanging on his right arm to reveal his hard planed chest and abdomen. His white kosode was nowhere to be seen. His left hand was up, one finger beckoning her towards him.
 
At least here, when they were alone, InuYasha was no longer the shy hanyou who had waited three years for her to come back through the well, remaining faithful to her even though he had no real indication that she would ever return. He'd never completely given up hope, although he was sad for those three years as he watched Miroku and Sango have children together and Rin grow like a weed under Kaede's watchful eye. He helped Miroku eradicate troublesome youkai for a bounty, but he rarely took any of the fees for himself. To him it was just something to do to keep busy, until the day Kagome returned to him.
 
He was so happy to see her, and she him that day the well reopened in response to her heart. She'd finished high school and made her family proud, but the only thing missing was the man who'd saved her from the darkness - InuYasha. The well heard her plea to be with him and allowed her through.
 
At first he just held her until they were so rudely interrupted by the others. He had so much he wanted to say, but the words wouldn't come. Eventually, though, that had changed. He had finally been able to tell her what he told the youkai within the Shikon no Tama before it was destroyed. She cried before they gently began to explore each other's bodies, and they finally made love.
 
InuYasha was still afraid for others to see them together. To the humans of the village he was her protector and nothing more. He still wore the kotodama so that they wouldn't fear him. In private, he was her lover and husband. Only Kaede, Miroku and Sango knew that they chose to wed. Even Shippou had been kept in the dark because he still wasn't able to keep his mouth shut. He was left babysitting Miroku and Sango's three kids when Kaede united them in wedlock with the ceremony from Kagome's time, and Miroku blessed their union. It was only out here in his forest that he could totally be himself with her. No longer was he afraid to touch her, afraid that she might break. He knew that she loved him, and that he loved her, and that she was never ashamed to be with him. Now her screams were in ecstasy, not out of anger or fear. Well, not fear, anyway. He still had to work on the anger thing sometimes.
 
 
“Hey,” Kagome said as she stepped through the bushes.
 
The hanyou just beckoned with a finger - from that hand that could kill or bring incredible ecstasy.
 
“What took you so long?” he finally asked as she approached him, pulling off her miko robes in the process.
 
“I didn't think you'd be particularly happy if Shippou tagged along. I think you're going to have to talk to him. He's getting harder and harder-” she stopped and giggled.
 
InuYasha looked down at the tent in his hakama and grinned. “He's not the only one. Get over here.”
 
Kagome smiled. They were alone. They had all night for their dance of lovers in the dark.