InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of Two Hearts ❯ Locks of Love ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
This was written for the Fanfic_bakeoff community at LiveJournal. The prompt is “tangle” and the requirement is that it be between 100 and 300 words.
 
Title: Locks of Love
Fandom: InuYasha
Rating: G
Word count: 300
Summary: InuYasha wants something from Kagome
 
 
Locks of Love
 
InuYasha couldn't help but to grin at his own brilliance. He'd ducked his head under water so that his immense mane of hair was drenched, but instead of shaking like he normally would to rid the excess water, he spun his head in a circular motion until it made him dizzy and he thought he would pass out.
 
“What in the world are you up to?” Miroku asked as he dried himself off.
 
“Just thought I'd try something different, bouzou.” The hanyou pulled on his clothes and waited for the monk to do the same.
 
Miroku scratched his chin. “Uh-huh…”
 
When they arrived back at camp and sat down by the fire, Miroku would have sworn InuYasha whimpered as he ran his fingers through his hair.
 
Kagome quickly came to the rescue, hairbrush in hand. “How did you manage to do this? Your hair is a tangled mess,” she observed. “I told you to take my conditioner.”
 
“Can you fix it?” the hanyou whined. “I don't know why it's so matted.”
 
Miroku opened his mouth but then shut it quickly after catching the glare InuYasha threw him.
 
“Can you sit still long enough? This may take awhile,” the miko commented as she picked up a mass of silver locks and started to pull the brush through them.
 
“Ain't got nothing better to do,” InuYasha commented.
 
“You know, the next time you want me to brush your hair, you don't have to make such a mess out of it. Just ask me,” Kagome whispered so that only the hanyou could hear.
 
“I…” his voice trailed away. He was busted and he knew it. Instead he smirked and closed his eyes - and tried not to yelp when she yanked at a particularly tough tangle. Maybe next time he would just ask.