InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Consolation Prize ❯ Flowers ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In the real world not every day is filled with heart ache - so too is it in the feudal era - after all life is a roller coaster ride the dips always leading to highs, and visa versa. The Inuyasha/Kikyo/Kagome issue will be resolved, until then let the games begin.

Disclaimer: Wanna go together and buy Inuyasha from RT? I've got a buck fifty how much you got?

Chapter Three - Flowers


The feel of a rough tongue scraping against her cheek pulled Kagome from her sleep. Blinking against the morning sun she turned to look into the amused eyes of the slayer as she gently pushed the neko-demon away from the sleeping woman.

"Good morning." Sango grinned as Kagome brushed at the moisture lingering on her cheek.

"Morning" Kagome mumbled before trying to sit up.

Sango burst out laughing as Kagome reached for the flap to her sleeping bag …the miko blinked and rubbed her eyes gasping. She was covered in a rainbow blanket of chrysanthemums.

Gaping, her jaw dropped to her breast bone as she looked from Sango's laughing face to the flowers surrounding her.

"Seems you were visited by the flower fairy last night" Sango managed as she regained her composure to the point of a grin.

The miko's fingers curled around a flower stem nearest to her fingertips and wonderingly brushed it's pale pink petals against her bottom lip. "Who?" she whispered.

Sango's grin widened, "Well I don't know let's think about this for a moment." she playfully tapped her bottom lip as she appeared to give the question considerable thought.
"Naraku?"

Kagome snorted, "please."

"Sesshoumaru…"

"Oh now you're just being silly"

"Miroku?"

"Grope, yes, flowers, no."

"Shippo…"

Kagome considered and shook her head no.

"Koga?"

"Well…" she shifted uncomfortably.

The slayer leaned close and whispered, "Inuyasha…?"

Kagome's eyes widened, "Nu-unnn"

The slayer's grin became impossibly wider.

Kagome's eyes darted around a camp site empty save for herself, the slayer and the neko-demon. "Where is h - umm, everyone?"

"They went ahead" the slayer pushed up to stand over her friend.

"What, why didn't you wake me?" she scrambled from her sleeping bag creating a waterfall of blossoms.

Sango shrugged, "Inuyasha said you'd been studying hard lately and looked tired. He suggested we'd let you sleep. Kirara and I stayed so we could catch up easily when you did wake"

"Inuyasha said that?" Kagome sputtered in shock, "the Inuyasha that bellows me awake every morning demanding ramen for breakfast, the same Inuyasha that threw my books in the cesspit behind Kaede's. That Inuyasha?"

Sango's grin was back as she nodded yes.

Kagome blinked in disbelief then huffed, "Okay Sango we need to get going" she grabbed up her clothing and headed behind a nearby bush.

Sango, eyes twinkling in delight, watched her, "What's the rush?"

The miko's head jerked up over the bush and stared at the slayer in surprise, "We've got to find out who's impersonating Inuyasha!"

The slayers lips twitched, "what about the flowers?"

A now fully dressed Kagome moved from behind the bush and studied the beautiful display of colors, "we'll take them" she decided stuffing her pajama's in her backpack, "it would be a shame to leave them and let them wilt alone" she hid her face as she knelt by the sleeping bag and gently removed the colorful blossoms.

"Of course" the slayer's lips twitched again as she knelt to help the blushing woman.

Gathering up the blossoms into a rather large bouquet, Sango watched the miko roll and tie her sleeping bag to her backpack before shouldering it and turning around arms outstretched.

Grinning Sango handed the blossoms to the miko, but not before snatching a gold colored blossom and placing it behind Kagome's right ear. "Now, we can leave" Sango nodded pleased.

Not to be out done, Kagome retrieved a pale lavender blossom and placed it behind the slayer's ear. "Yup, let's go."

Laughing the girls wove a coral and pink blossom in the now transformed neko-demon's fur and climbed a top, settling in for the ride.

"Let's find this mystery flower person" Sango teased as she gripped Kirara's fur. Kagome nodded and clutching her brilliant bouquet felt her stomach dip as the neko-demon took flight.

Mid morning sunlight filtered through a red and gold autumn canopy as Miroku absently touched one of the hoops in his ear lobe and bit the inside of his bottom lip. They had left the girls a short time ago and while he was confident in Sango's abilities it still bothered him to have the slayer out of reach of his fingertips, literally. His hand dropped as he shuddered lightly in withdrawal, he hoped they caught up soon!

Beside him Inuyasha seemed oblivious to the monk's suffering, "do you think she liked them?"

The monk sighed in irritation "that's the third time you asked that, Inuyasha."

"Yea? So…"

The monk considered giving the question a miss but the half-demon's worried expression had his mouth rebelling, "I don't know of any woman that doesn't like flowers, Inuyasha."

The half-demon nodded, crossed his arms within his haori and studied the kit running ahead tossing acorns. "Maybe I over did it."

The monk smirked, "you think?"

The half-demon looked at him, "one flower Inuyasha, would have been nice, a small bouquet a treasure, but a double armful?" the monk teased.

Inuyasha blushed, "I couldn't decide on a color."

The monk's smirk melted into a full blown grin, "so what happened to one of each color?"
"ummm.." the half -demon fidgeted, "it was your idea!"

"True, true.." the monk mused, "very true," then teased, "who knew you'd take direction so well?"

The pink fading from the half-demon's cheeks rushed back into a bright red as he stomped off ahead of the grinning monk.

"Housi-sama" Miroku turned looking upward to a rapidly approaching flower decorated neko-demon and it's riders.

"Sango, Kagome" the monk greeted, his eyes twinkling at the vision of a flower studded fire cat, "how festive you all look."

Miroku approached Kirara and rested his hand on the cat demon's neck. Appreciation gleamed in the monk's eyes as he noted the flower resting behind the slayer's ear. Pale lavender petals brushed her creamy cheek, "lovely" he breathed as pink flushed across the slayer's nose.

"Miroku, where's Inuyasha?" Kagome's touch at his elbow wrested his eyes from the vision before him. Dazed his eyes darted up the road where Shippo gathered his acorns.
"He was just here" the monk's voice dropped away in confusion as Shippo propelled himself up Kagome's leg to her shoulder.

"He took off ahead when you guys showed up" ratted the kitsune as he leaned down to press his face into one of the blossoms in the miko's embrace.

Shippo smiled at the miko, "do you like the flowers Kagome?"

She nodded; noting the brightness in the kitsune's eyes her heart dropped as she asked, "did you get them for me Shippo?"

The kit shook his head, "nope it wasn't me."

"Maybe it was Koga, he's bought you flowers before." Shippo stated simply, unaware of honey gold eyes watching quietly.

Inuyasha's claws tensed around an overhead branch, his eyes concentrated on one tiny raven haired miko 'did she like them?'

He couldn't help a surge of pride at the display of color carefully cradled in her arms, or the golden blossom draped behind her ear, even so his heart lurched when he heard Shippo's words.

Did she believe that flea bag would do something for her like that? He watched her bite her lower lip as she glanced from the monk, and slayer to the bouquet in her arms in confusion.

Oh the hell no! No way was he going to let that mangy wolf get the credit! He leapt from his perch and angrily started toward the group just as an acrid harsh smell hit his nostrils followed by a whirlwind of dust.

Koga.


xx
x