InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ The Comforting Arms of a Stranger ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I don't own Inuyasha.

Author's Note - I'm back and this is the chapter everyone's been waiting for! Inuyasha and Kagome finally meet! Thanks for all the encouraging reviews! You all rock!!

Chapter 4 - The Comforting Arms of a Stranger

"It looks like a little girl lost her way," The man said, icily. "Maybe I should help her find her way to grandma's house . . . what do you think Max?"

Just as he asked that, a huge Pit-bull came around the guy's burly legs. It snarled and growled at her, showing all of its very large, pointed teeth. Just to gross her out, the drool coming from the dog's open mouth dripped on her hand and rolled down in-between her fingers. Kagome's eyes went wide as the dog and the man came closer.

"Little girl, you're gonna catch cold if you run around half dressed," he commented, with feigned concern as he regarded her short skirt. "But then again, it suits my personality quite well."

With that said he advanced on her, stepping out of the shadows. He was muscular and tall, with a balding head and tattoos of skulls and other unpleasant things decorating his arms. He smirked at her helplessness and held his dog's leash tighter as it tried to take a chomp of Kagome's soft flesh. He wasn't about to let his prey be eaten by a stupid animal. The Pit-bull had other ideas, for it was hungry and it looked half starved, its rib cage poking through the thin layer of ragged brown fur. It tried again.

His master didn't like its antics and hit the beast over the back with a leather strap, making the animal yelp in pain. Kagome could hear and feel her cat going insane inside of her backpack. Buyo meowed loudly while thrashing and scratching within the yellow folds of her knapsack.

"What's this? The little girl brings a toy for my puppy," he smiled again, sending chills down Kagome's spine.

He stepped over her and was fiddling with the Velcro strips on the backpack, when Buyo jumped out of a small opening in the side. He scratched the guy over the eyes. The man fell to the ground screaming in pain as he clutched his bloody face. Buyo ran down the alley faster than DSL internet access and the Pit-bull followed closely behind; it had jerked the leash out of his master's hands. Tears welled up in Kagome's sapphire eyes when she heard the sounds of her housecat shrieking in pain.

"Looks like Max is having fun with his new friend . . . now it's time for me to have mine," he said, and reached forward to lift up her skirt.

Kagome tried to get away but, he trapped her with his body. She heard the sound of him opening the buckle on his belt.

"Just do what I say little girl, and it won't hurt. In fact, you might even like it." Kagome could feel him grinning.

She tried to scream, but all that came out of her dry throat was a weak request: "Please . . . someone . . . please help me . . ."

"Leave her alone," a voice commanded.

"Eh?" the evil dude asked, looking around.

"Do as I say. I am not one to repeat myself," the mysterious voice said.

The man who was holding Kagome smiled and replied sadistically: "I have an idea, you hold her for me and I'll hold her for you. We'll both be happy with what we get."

"No." It was a stern answer, and Kagome was somewhat relieved.

"Suit yourself." A shrug from the bald man.

"I suggest that you walk away now, while you still have all your limbs." he warned.

"Why is that?" the man asked, still pinning Kagome to the ground.

"Because my friend here doesn't approve of young school girls being hurt by bastards like you." The reply was obviously said with a grin.

A huge German Shepard suddenly came out of the darkness snarling and growling. This dog was a lot more menacing than the Pit-bull. It was in better condition and looked more able to fight and win than to helplessly fight and lose. Now, Kagome was between two men who had very big dogs with very long teeth. Well, actually, the Pit-bull was gone now so that made it so it was just between these two guys, one of which had a huge dog!

The guy looked scared for a moment, but his grip did not lessen on Kagome.

"I will give you one more warning. My friend here is very powerful. If you do not accept my warning I will be forced to unleash him. After that I will not be responsible for his actions."

The owner of the German Shepard was being more than fair, letting the guy at least know that he was going to let the huge animal loose and then let it maul him. The dog pulled on its leash; the man kept a firm grip on the constraint.

"I see you've made your decision. Have fun, boy." The leash lengthened and the dog got ready to jump.

Okay now the guy was looking really scared. He saw all the teeth on this dog and decided that maybe he'd just run away so that he didn't piss his pants. He took his chance and ran, slipping on slime and trash the whole way down the alley.

The guy emerged from the shadows to stand next to his dog. He patted his dog on the head. The dog wagged its large tail against his leg so hard that Kagome thought, by the next morning, the man would have large welts near his ankles. The dog looked at her; she froze in fear. His tongue then slid out of his mouth when he began to pant, making him look like the first German Shepard to smoke chronic.

Her gaze then flickered to the owner of the once-menacing-now-goofy animal. He was tall, like the other man, but lean. He had dark hair, that of which Kagome couldn't see the length in the darkness. His face was pale, suggesting that he didn't walk out in the sun much, but his eyes were warm and kind.

"Are you all right?" he asked, walking towards her. His black Duster trailed on the ground behind him.

Kagome was still down on the ground in shock from what had just happened in the last few minutes. She couldn't really find her voice. Therefore, she just shook her head faintly and tried to stand only to fall into his strong arms, unconscious.

He just stared at the girl who was now in his arms. Dropping, slowly, to his knees he removed her backpack and slung it over his left shoulder. Next he took the leash off his dog and put it into his pocket. Picking the girl up, he started to walk back to his apartment.

"Come on Spike. We're going home," he said to the German Shepard, who followed his master obediently.

As Inuyasha walked with the girl safely in his grasp, he couldn't help but notice how much she looked like Kikyo . . .

**

WELL KIKYO JUST HAPPENED TO RUIN YET ANOTHER CHAPTER! DANG!

Now Kagome's gonna wake up in Inuyasha's apartment! OOOOOoooooo! The things I could do! Just Kidding. No hentai-ish thoughts now!

Kindly review this wonderful, delightful, funny, er . . . just so dang good that I ran out of adjectives story!

July 16, 2004: This is the revised version of the fic: Crazy 4 U written on January 5, 2003.

I hope that you enjoyed the newer version of this story. More detail has been added, along with better punctuation and grammar. And, maybe more of a plot? I doubt it, but maybe. I will keep as much of this story as I can in tact! Thanks for reading!