InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ The Story ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - Yep . . . that's right . . . uh-huh . . . YES I OWN INUYASHA!!!

Author's Note - Holy crap! People reviewed this story! I am so happy! No, really I am. I AM HAPPY DAMMIT! I know I am because I got reviews that say "Please continue!" and "This is really good!" Not like the reviews I was thinking I would get that say "This sucks!" and "You're the worst author ever!" PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T EVER SAY THAT!

Author's Second Note - Just to tell you, that firefighter WILL be back for a couple rounds ^_^

P.S. There is no third note

Chapter 7 - The Story ((God, I suck at chapter titles . . .))

Grabbing some orange juice for herself, Sango sat down at the bar ((A/N: Not a "bar" bar, it's one of those really high counters with the barstools . . . I ALWAYS wanted one so Inuyasha is a lucky bastard in this fic. Okay? Good . . . carry on . . .)) with Miroku and Inuyasha. Kagome had received some clothes from Sango to wear so she didn't have to walk around acting like she liked AC/DC.

"So . . ." Miroku began, trying to sound casual instead of perverted. "How did Kagome end up with you? I mean, let's face it . . . you aren't really babe material."

Inuyasha just glared at him, but Miroku didn't seem to notice the: I'm-gonna-kill-you-if-you-ever-insult-me-again-you-perverted-little-freak-o f-nature-who-likes-to-chase-short-skirts-up-high-trees-and-it's-amazing-I-c an-fit-this-whole-threat-in-one-look, death stare that was practically burning a whole in the back of his head.

"Well I'm sorry if someone else WAS babe material," Inuyasha muttered, taking a sip of OJ.

"You mean . . ." Miroku replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Inuyasha answered, sounding a little bit peeved.

"Gosh . . ." Miroku trailed off, looking around like he'd never seen the place before.

"She's such a nice girl," Sango piped up cheerily.

Then there was one of those really long, awkward silences.

"You know, we sound like a bunch of old people talking about her," Inuyasha pointed out the obvious.

"We have to get out more often," Miroku said.

"You are more than right," Inuyasha agreed.

Another awkward silence.

"Sooooooo . . . . . ." Miroku began, striking up some conversation. "How did Kagome end up with you?"

"Wow!" Inuyasha said, putting a hand to his head in mock surprise. "I just got a rush of deja vu!"

"Me too!" Miroku said, astounded (for real.) "Why is that?"

"Because you just said that very same thing a minute ago," Sango stated dryly.

"Oh. That's right!" Miroku said, (grinning stupidly) making both Inuyasha and Sango sweat drop.

"Well?" Sango wondered, nudging Inuyasha with her elbow.

"Well what?" he asked.

"Are you men all that stupid?!" Sango asked, throwing her arms up into the air with defeat.

"Why do you always answer a question with a question?" Inuyasha asked.

"Huh?" Sango replied, confused.

"You're doing it again," Inuyasha pointed out.

"Stop messing with my mind. I haven't had my coffee yet . . ." Sango growled, rubbing her temples.

"Okay. Then stop asking me annoying questions," Inuyasha answered shortly, crossing his arms across his chest.

"So, tell us how you two met," Miroku said, and then raised an eyebrow. "Oh I get it. Inuyasha's a naughty boy. I would've thought that you would have at least waited for me to take you to a strip club."

"WHAT?!" Inuyasha cried, jumping up so quick that he almost hit the ceiling.

Sango whipped out a heavy metal object from somewhere and started to beat Miroku to a bloody pulp, not liking that fact that he had mentioned a strip club in that sentence. When she was through, Sango looked at Inuyasha expectantly.

"Well. Did you hire her or what?" Sango asked, totally serious.

"I do not sink as low as that," Inuyasha replied, pointing at Miroku's battered and beaten body.

"Too true. So gimme the goods," Sango said, giving him a sly smile.

"Fine, Mrs. Nosey," Inuyasha snorted, and then got hit with Sango's handy-dandy newest issue of Vogue.

"That's Miss Nosey to you, buddy. I'm not married yet, remember?" Sango corrected him, folding her arms across her chest.

"And I still can't believe you're marrying him of all people," Inuyasha muttered, rubbing the sore spot on his head.

"Well, I love him," Sango replied thoughtfully.

There was a silence.

"The sex is great, isn't it?" Inuyasha inquired, not believing her lie.

"Oh, hell yes," Sango trailed off.

And then Inuyasha proceeded to tell her how he and Kagome had "met." Five minutes later . . .

"Dang . . ." Sango murmured (she ain't one to curse.)

"That's some serious shit right there," Miroku said (he had woken up about half-way during Inuyasha's story.)

"Yeah," Inuyasha agreed.

"I wonder what she was doing out at that time of night," Sango said.

"I wonder what Inuyasha was DOING out at that time of night," Miroku mocked.

"For your information, douchebag, I was walking my dog," Inuyasha replied, breaking a Bonsai tree pot over his friend's head that he had conveniently found lying on the coffee table ((poor Miroku, I hurt him so bad . . . ))

Just then, Kagome walked into the room wearing a pair of tight-fitting blue jeans and a non-concealing, very revealing white top. Both articles of clothing brought out Kagome's slim, curvy form beautifully. So beautifully that Sango practically had to put a leash on Miroku and Inuyasha had to hold a bowl under his friend's head so the drool wouldn't mess up his carpet.

With the little bit of makeup and hair accessories that Sango had lent her, Kagome made herself look even more splendid. The dark line of mascara beneath her eyes made those dark orbs even more pronounced. Her hair had been brushed back into a tight ponytail and she had removed the bandage around her forehead to reveal a small little knick, no bigger than a tip of a pin, on her temple.

The bowl of slobber and drool was then passed from Miroku to Inuyasha and back again. Who knew that the average looking girl could be so damn hot when she wanted to? And by what miracle did she end up with some messed up guy like Inuyasha?

((It was all me!!! -runs around and stabs people with her magical mechanical pencil of doom-))

"Well Kagome," Sango said, standing, "we have to be going now. If you need something, anything happens, or -"

"-If Inuyasha is being a jerk, we're right next door," Miroku finished for her, grinning at Inuyasha's furious stare ((Miroku got Inuyasha back for the whole smashing-a-pot-on-his-head thing. ^_^))

"Um . . . okay. . ." Kagome replied, uncertain.

"Bye!" They both called from the doorway.

Miroku and Sango then walked OVER the broken door and to their apartment.

"So . . ." Kagome began, twiddling her thumbs a bit.

"Yeah . . ." Inuyasha agreed, rocking on the balls of his feet.

Another really annoying, really long, really awkward silence.

"You ready?" Inuyasha asked suddenly, looking at her expectantly.

"For what?" Kagome inquired, completely puzzled.

"We have to go buy a new door," Inuyasha answered, as if it were the most obvious thing in the universe.

"Oh. Okay," Kagome replied.

He then walked over to his desk in a small room off the foyer area, where he began to mess around on his computer. Kagome followed him, not really sure what to do, being a total stranger to this guy, not to mention being in his house for . . . how many days was it?

"Um . . . I'm sorry to be so rude, but I really don't know who you are," Kagome said, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Inuyasha replied, realizing that they had never been formally introduced, "I'm Inuyasha Yamikoso."

"Kagome. Kagome Higurashi," she answered with a small bow.

"Pleasure," he said, shaking her hand.

She seemed surprised at his American gesture.

"I don't want to pry, but did you live in America for a while?" Kagome wondered.

"Ano . . . no, I didn't. But my father went to America before I was born. I guess I picked up the habit from him," Inuyasha replied with a small smile.

"I see," Kagome said.

"Wait here a minute," he said and, not waiting for a reply, walked down a small hallway on the opposite side of the apartment.

This gave her a chance to survey her new surroundings. Kagome looked around from where she was standing. The house was kept somewhat clean. When I say "somewhat" I mean there aren't papers cluttered everywhere ((like my house)) but there were some strange piles of what looked to be computer equipment lying in large heaps around the room.

The whole apartment had a black, Feng Shui look to it. The rugs were black and tan along with some traditional tatami mats lining the floors here and there. Beautiful pieces of furniture and exquisite lamps added a touch of taste and light to the room. The hardwood floor was made of maple, for it was light in color, and the windows went up at a slant ((that's hard to imagine but think of a room that is off at an angle, like a triangle, and the windows slant upwards . . . oh forget it. Just remember that the room isn't round okay?))

And then Kagome thought about her new acquaintance. Her rescuer, to be precise. Judging by his taste (clean room, nice house, etc) and his appearance (long, gorgeous black hair that would make any woman or man swoon) Kagome would have thought Inuyasha to be gay. But, from his personality and his attitude, she could tell that Inuyasha was a straight as they came. Though, she had nothing wrong with him being gay . . . that meant that she could have him all for herself!

Kagome blushed at the thought, wondering why she was already obsessing over her tall, dark, handsome, friendly, gorgeous, masculine, strong . . . well, she was obsessing. And it didn't help any when he came back into the room.

Inuyasha reappeared into the small den area with a black leather jacket on and a pair of tight, worn jeans with holes in them ((-hands out absorbent paper napkins to all the Inuyasha fan girls-)) Kagome then was thinking maybe she would have to go and get the drool pan that Inuyasha and Miroku had been using earlier. Who knew that a man could be so drop-dead sexy?! And, with all these thoughts, she failed to notice that over his arm he held another black leather jacket.

"Here," he said, handing her the jacket, "the Weather Bug says it's cold outside." (Awwwwww. He's so adorable. . .)

"Oh," Kagome replied, blushing slightly and taking the jacket. "Thanks."

***

Walking out of the apartment building, Inuyasha and Kagome headed out towards 23rd Street and Haro. After locking the dog and cat in two separate rooms, they had left OVER the broken door and they were now looking for some door place on this very UNpopulated street.

"So," Inuyasha said, trying to start a conversation, "what WERE you doing in that alley?"

"Well . . ." Kagome began, a little unsure on what to say but, didn't he have the right to know? He was the one who risked his neck for her and was now letting her live in his apartment. Then again he never said she could live there . . . but . . .

So she told him what happened and ten minutes later . . .

"Oh," he said. "I see."

Kagome was totally nonplussed at how he said it so nonchalantly as if it happened to him every damn day of the week.

"What?!" Kagome almost shouted, "you mean you aren't the least bit pissed because you risked your life for some runaway college student?"

"Nope," Inuyasha said, flashing a small smile.

"Why?" Kagome asked, very confused.

"I ran away too. It's no big thing. It shows everyone that you're ready to take on the world and live with the consequences when they come. I think that it shows you're independent and you want to prove that you are someone to the world, and if you can't do that . . . at least you can prove it to yourself. Or that's just my theory, anyways," he said.

"You're right . . . " Kagome agreed, breathless by his words.

"He has a damn good philosophy. . ." she thought to herself, smiling over the thought that someone finally understood her.

^__-

A little moving? Do you agree? Well . . . wait `till they get to the "Door Store." Chaos begins. Not really, but it will be amusing.

Review . . .

September 15, 2004 -This is the revised version of the fic: "Crazy 4 U" written on January 5, 2003.

I hope that you enjoyed the newer version of this story. More detail has been added, along with better punctuation and grammar. And, maybe more of a plot? I doubt it, but maybe. I will keep as much of this story as I can in tact! Thanks for reading!

Readers: Sorry about the lack of updates, but this one chapter has been giving me problems for the past couple weeks. Therefore, I merely walked away and began on something else, completely forgetting about this fic. But today, I was sent home when a bomb threat was called into my school. That's why this fic was updated today. I don't know whether y'all will be happy that I updated, or mad that I didn't update and it took a freaking bomb in my school to get me to write. Well. I hope you enjoyed it, none the less. Please leave a nice review! Thanks a million!

~The Random Queen