InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ I've got a Secret! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I've been away for awhile.. (over three years), taking care of the real world. It's been hard stepping back into the writer's mode. My quill has quite a bit of rust to work off. This time around Crossed Wires will be finished. Just cut me a little slack because the real world still is knocking at my door. That said onto the story and the genius that is RT

Crossed Wires

Chapter 11 - I've got a Secret!


"Okay…?" a startled monk whipped away from his own face-off with Isamu to stomp to the hanyou's side, "did you just say okay?"

Trying hard to keep his synapses firing, Inuyasha turned to the monk with a solemn expression, "If it's what the girls want, Miroku." The monk's mouth dropped open as did the wolves'.

Inuyasha turned back to the raven haired beauty his gaze catching and holding hers.

Muttering, cursing, and tossing wood into a sloppy pile next to the hut, the monk fumed at the wood chopping hanyou his eyes shooting fire, "Okay.."

He neared the axe wielding idiot and thudded his chest with a log, ".. that's all you could say?" The monk leaned down and got in the hanyou's face. "I. Am. Not, sharing Sango!"

Inuyasha wiped sweat from his brow and yanking the log from the monk's hand tossed it into the pile, "Not sharing Kagome either."

The monk straightened, confused "wha…" he grabbed Inuyasha's arm before he could drop it to split another log ".. you said.."

The hanyou shrugged his grip off and dropped the axe hard "..I know what I said." He turned to the monk and grinned. Suddenly suspicious the monk leaned close as the hanyou began to whisper.

Kagome worried her bottom lip as she straightened the hut. Her glance flicking to the slayer as she polished her weapon, her round fluid movements confined to one spot.

Outside of the hut door she could see Kouga and Isamu sitting by the ruined village gates heads together talking. "Sango.."

The slayer raised her head at the miko's soft voice her own bottom lip red and swollen by the constant chewing of her teeth, "..what a mess.."

The miko slumped down by the fire pit, absently poking the fire and going through the motion of meal preparation in case someone walked in, ".. okay we have to think of something," the miko hissed chopping vegetables for a stew.

Resting her weapon by the hut wall the slayer moved to the miko and sitting beside her took the knife and resumed dicing vegetables…"..I'm fresh out of ideas.."

"Yea me too," the miko mourned remembering Inuyasha's agreement to the harem. A flash of anger rolled through her chest at the thought of the hanyou's willingness to share. She peeked at Sango, "at least Miroku doesn't want to share you.."

Kouga growled, his anger thrumming through his chest. Just what was that baka dog boy up to? He slashed a glance at the axe wielding idiot the growling escalating.

"Kouga?"

The wolf prince snapped, "what?"

"Just thinking of that lecher touching my Sango makes me want to rip his hands off his arms!" Isamu snarled.

"We're not sharing a thing with that dog breath and his fool!" the wolf prince promised. He pulled Isamu to him and began to whisper… "this is what we're going to do"

Nestled among wild flowers the kitsune and neko demon watched as auras flared with worry, concern and angry tension. Wrapping his arm around the neko's neck, Shippo mumbled. "bakas". The neko demon mewed her agreement. Shippo grumbled then stood brushing off the seat of his pants.

Walking toward the hut the kitsune cleared his throat and pasted a smile on his face before entering the hut, "Kagome can Kirara and I go back to Kaede's? There's nothing to do here!"

The miko smiled and gave her permission while the slayer warned the neko demon to keep the kit safe. Both watched the childlike demon and his constant companion gather their things and head to the door. Before stepping through the kit waved to the women, his smile bright.

Turning and heading out of the village the two demons dropped the pretense. Shippo was determined to do something, but what? Leave it to those baka's and he may find both the hanyou and wolf his father! Shippo shivered. He could only handle one idiot full time, someone was going to have to save the day. Drawing the neko demon close he whispered his plan.

***********************************
< b>xx