InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cut and Paste ❯ Half and Half ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Halfand Half
By: emeraldoni
Disclaimer: InuYasha belongs to Rumiko Takashashi, not me.
A/N: Similar to my Naruto drabbles, if anyone wants to request a keyword, theme, pairing, etc… message me or leave it in a review. If not, I'll do whatever.
 
~0~
 
There is a mirror, two images pose as one while they stare deep into each others eyes. Eyes so similar. Eyes so different.
 
Her image moves, and she follows, uncontrollable, invisible strings connected to her own unstable limbs, their heart hanging between them, impaled on a darkened spear. Half is red, half is purple—half is pure, half is rotten.
 
She whispers something. They whisper something. Eyes glitter, one with pain, the other with tears. Sorrows twist their lips. The heart in-between them beats slightly, a pulse that glows with strings now visible, pale and evanescent.
 
There is a mirror, an image poses as two while they stare away from one another, reviling the thread that connects them to there selves. Bodies the same. Souls so similar.
 
Two bodies, one soul.
 
They tug on the strings, blindingly bright, and the heart tears. The mirror cracks, their faces change. One is hardened and scarred; the other is open and bleeding. So similar. So different.
 
One is past, the other is future.
 
They tug and tear, and the heart rips in two. One half is red. One half is purple. One half is pure. One half is rotten. Split down the middle. Mirror images—each hold one half.
 
One is pure. One is rotten.
 
One is bleeding. One is scarred.
 
They both walk away. Mirror images, one in two, two in one, mimicking and reviling the other. There footsteps are the same, the same pace, same distance. Neither looks back.
 
One is bleeding. One is scarred.
 
Both of them hold half a heart.