InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness of the Heart ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Hi! I'm back! This is my latest story so I really hope you like it!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, Sesshomaru or any of the other characters in this story, except my OC's
 
###########Darkness of the heart##############
### Chapter 1###
 
 
“Is it day or night? I think its day, because it's warmer!”
“Kagome, what are you doing? Get back in the house! It's dangerous out here!” Kikyo said concerned.
“I'm sorry onechan, but I was just….” She started, but was interrupted by the strong hold of Kikyo. “You know what I told you! Don't get out of the house! It's so easy for you to get lost!”
“I'm sorry Kikyo, but I was tired of staying alone all day. You're at the shrine the whole time and I'm stuck here.”
“I'm sorry Kagome chan!” she said wiping her sister's tears “but that's our life and there is nothing we can do about it!”
 
############################
 
 
“Sesshomaru” said the old rat youkai. “The others have arrived!”
“Thank you Katsuro!” he said with an emotionless voice.
Sesshomaru opened the door, and entered the conference room. All the youkai lords were there, even the less important ones. Calmly, he walked to his chair at the end of the table, and waited. An old kitsune youkai stood up and started “We must do something against Naraku! He's killed many of us, and every time we cache him, it tunes out that it's just a puppet.” “Yes” an other youkai stated “he is a danger for all of us!” The discussion carried on, and on about Naraku. It seemed that he's done a lot of trouble to all the youkai lords, and now they wanted revenge.
 
“Naraku would do anything to gain more power, and the only thing that can do that is the Shinkon no Tama.” The young wolf youkai ended.
“What do you propose Kuro?” the old kitsune youkai asked.
“I propose that we fined the Shinkon no Tama before him.”
“I agree!” Naoki said looking in the young one's eyes, “but Sesshomaru will be the one to lead us.
“Why are you doing this? I'm your sun. The sun of the lord of the northern lands. I should be the one in charge!” Kuro said with anger.
“I said that Sesshomaru will be the one to lead and I'm not changing my mind! When are you willing to leave?” he asked the young ruler.
“At the crack of dawn. Have the men ready by then!” Sesshomaru ordered before leaving the meeting.
 
 
###############################
 
 
Kikyo was praying at the shrine. She had to do this in order to keep her heart pure so that the Shinkon no Tama will stay pure. She was doing this every day, and it felt bad because she had to leave her sister all alone. This was what she normally did, but today it was different. She felt that something bad will happen, and she was right. A lot of racket reached her ears. Usually her village was a peaceful one, so that could mean only one thing: it was under attack!
She rushed outside only to see hundreds of youkais killing people in search of the joule.
“Kuso! I was so deep in my thoughts, that I didn't feel their presence!” She immediately gasped “Kagome!” she said hoping that no harm had gotten to her. She got back in to get her bow and arrows. “I hope I'm not too late!” she said while rushing through the crowded streets. “I'm never going to forget myself if something happens to her!” she said while striking a youkai with one of her arrows. She immediately stopped. She could feel his presence.
“Naraku!” she said turning to face the hanyou. “You're the one that planed this!” she added eyeing him.
“Is this the way to treat an old friend?” he asked with an innocent voice.
“Take your youkais and leave my village!” she ordered, adding “That's unless you want to get your but kicked like last time?”
“Foolish mortal! You can't defeat me again! I'm more powerful than I was then and you know that!” he said fairing some kind of energy ball at her. She carefully ducked shooting an arrow at him, but he avoided it very easily. Just as she was about to shoot another arrow at him, a soft voice got to her ears: “Kikyo, where are you?” she turned only to see Kagome in the middle of all this chaos. As she was about to go to her she noticed the look on Naraku's face. “Don't you dare place a finger on her, because I'll kill you!” She said pointing an arrow at him.
“My, my now, aren't we overprotective?” he stated, taking a step towards the young girl, and powering up another energy ball. Before they even knew it he released the energy ball, but Kikyo got in between them. She was thrown to the ground in a poll of blood. With all the miko energy she had left she shoot an arrow at him. The hanyou disappeared, and even though she knew that he escaped, she was relived to know that he at lest left for now. With her last strength she got up and slowly reached the scared young girl. “Kagome!” Kikyo said with her dying breath.
“Kikyo where are you?” Kagome asked confused.
“Daijobu, I'm right behind you!' a familiar voice said.
“Onechan, I was so worried!” Kagome said hugging her sister. “Kikyo, you're hurt!” she said touching the bloody haori of the young miko.
“Daijobu! I'm alright! She said polling Kagome closer to her. “Listen!” she said in a whisper “this whole place is filed with youkais, so you have to get out of here! I want you to take this!” she said placing something in the young one's hands. “This is the Shinkon no Tama. What ever you do, don't show it to anyone, especially to a youkai!”
“But what about you?” Kagome asked confused. “What will you do? Don't leave me all alone in this darkness that's surrounding me!” she said crying.
“I'm sorry Kagome chan but this is our life and there's nothing we can do about it!” Kikyo said with her last breath.
“Kikyo!!!! Kagome cried out, holding the inanimate body of the young miko.
For the first time in her lifetime she was all alone. She didn't know what to do or where to go. She didn't know who to trust and who not to. She was brought out of her thoughts by a strong grasp.
“You're pretty chute for a ningen!” a powerful voice said.
Although Kikyo was the miko in her family, Kagome also had some powers of her own, and could easily notice that the one to hold her was a youkai.
 
 
#########################
 
 
Sesshomaru was looking at what was left of the village. There were bodies. From human bodies to hanyou to youkai. It seemed that they got there to late. Naraku already left.
“Kuso! We're to late.” He said to himself. “If only Kuro wouldn't had made them all stop in the forest, they would have been here in time.” He thought. Sesshomaru got to what he thought, from the clothes she was wearing, was the miko of this village. She didn't have the Shinkon no Tama, witch sadly meant that Naraku took it. (This was very bad!)
He's thoughts were disturbed by the sweetest voice he ever heard.
“Let me go you bastard!” Kagome ordered before breaking loose of his tight grasp. It seemed that he found this funny because he started lathing. He wanted to catch her again, but she kicked him directly in the family joules. When she wanted to run, she hit a tree and fell to the ground.
“How dare you even touch me you puny mortal!” The pretty pissed off youkai said in a high-pitched voice. Kagome just stood there waiting for the final blow. That blow never came.
“Get up!” a strong voice said.
 
##############End of chapter 1############
 
A/N: Hope you liked it, tell me what you think (that means REVIEW) and stand by for the next chapter.
Also, check out my fan art of Kikyo dying in Kagome's arms.
 
REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW!
 
Love ya!