InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dating Is Not For The Faint Of Heart ❯ At The Door... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you all so much for reviewing! I love hearing from you, sorry the chapters are short, but I have to work too, trust me, I'd be a happy little clam to just stay home and write all day but alas, duty (and bill collectors) call. I own no one, they only live under my bed, playing with the dust bunnies! Love you all! Darth Mer Mer Momijichan@hotmail.com

Dating is Not For the Faint of Heart!

At the Door,

Kagome stared at her reflection in her mirror. Did she really need to use blush, she wondered. Considering that Hojo was going to buy her dinner, she really should try to look nice. She glanced over her shoulder to stare at her new outfit for the hundredth time. She knew in her mind that it was a very nice, very decent dress. But for some reason it looked a little too short, maybe she was just too used to seeing everyone in kimonos in the Sengoku Jidai. She shook her head and started to run the brush though her damp hair. I wonder what Inuyasha would think of it? Wait a minute! Why should she care what Inuyasha thought of it? It wasn't like it was him she was going out with! She thought as her hair dried with each brush. Just for tonight, forget Inuyasha! It would be best to look nice, she supposed.

Outside, Inuyasha was seething in his leafy perch. Why was she going to all this trouble for Hojo? He felt his eyes narrow and a growl trickle from his clenched teeth. Was this part of the date? He noticed the cloth spilled across her bed. His claws dug into the bark. She wasn't wearing THAT was she?! Granted it'd be fine if she wore THAT for him, but not for Hojo, not that he had any real control over the entire mess. That was the worst part. All he could do was watch. And there was the teensy-tiny problem that he had no idea what a date was. That and if Kagome caught him, he'd be ‘sat' into the next dimension. His ears drooped. Why'd she have to do this in the first place? Stupid woman, she should be back with him, not wearing some dress that made her look like a wench. Maybe she was supposed to dress like that on a date, ? He filed the information away in his head for when she had to go on the date with him.

Kagome reached up and tied her hair back, somewhere in the back of her mind, she remembered someone saying that Hojo liked it when she wore off her face. She reached around and pulled the light summer sun dress with her to the bathroom to get dressed. This was supposed to be a fun evening, but she was dreading it for a reason she couldn't name. She stepped into the steamy bathroom and closed the door.

Three minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Souta looked up from his video game and yelled for Kagome. "Kagome! He's here!"

There was no answer. Souta tilted his head, that was strange, she must still be getting ready, He hopped up and ran to the door where the knocking was getting more and more insistent. As the little boy threw open the door, he was scooped up and a strong hand covered his mouth. Souta's eyes widened and he grinned around the hand.

Inuyasha glared at him and motioned for him to be quiet. When he was convinced that the boy would hush, he put him down and removed his hand. "Look, I don't want Kagome to know that I'm here!"

"Why? Aren't you going to save her from her date with Hojo?"

"Save her? What do you mean save her?" Inuyasha's ears twitched with annoyance. Was Kagome in some kind of trouble and didn't tell him?

"Well, you're her boyfriend, right?" Souta looked at him, disapprovingly. "Are you just going to let her go on a date with another guy?" He pouted and thrust his hands on his hips. "You didn't have another fight did you?"

"No, no, nothing like that, " Inuyasha looked around as he heard a door close upstairs. Quickly, with questions burning in his eyes he asked, "Look, tell me what people do on a date!"

"Souta, did you say something, I was in the bathroom, " Before Souta could utter another word, they heard Kagome start down the steps. Inuyasha leapt to his feet, sat Souta back down where he had been and made a mad dash to hide under the sofa. The ends of his white hair disappears just as Kagome came into view. "Is Hojo here, I thought I heard you yell for me?"

She raised an eyebrow as her brother looked up at her frazzled. He gulped, glanced at the sofa and replied, "Nope, didn't say a word Sis!" He thought fast, he had to change the subject, "You look really pretty." Souta all but shouted as Kagome followed his gaze to the couch.

Inuyasha tried very hard to lay still in his place next to dust bunnies that were larger than Shippou. How dare she make herself look so beautiful for another man!? That did it, this had to end. Inuyasha was just tensing his arms to fling the sofa away when there was another knock at the door. He growled as he saw Kagome smile when she turned towards it. Oh, she was going to pay for making him feel like this, big time!

Kagome straightened her skirt and answered the door. On the stoop, Hojo was standing with yet another present in his arms. Oh, god, what is it this time, ? She sighed inwardly.

Hojo blushed and looked down, "Uh, hi, Kagome, I got these for you, " He shoved the package into her hands.

She opened it, and tied hard to smile. Maybe she could trick him into believing that she knew what the hell it was, because frankly, she had no idea what the strange material in her hands was,

Hojo grinned, "They're magnetic back support pads!"

"Oh. Uh, thank you Hojo, they're, lovely." Kagome sat the present down near the door. Maybe Shippou could play with them or something, she thought. The thought of the little kitsune instantly brought Inuyasha to her mind. She sighed, wonder what he's doing right now? Shaking her head, she pushed the thought away. Tonight she needed to focus on Hojo, she had stood him up and that had been rude. She owed him this much. Still, she sighed, I wonder what Inuyasha meant when he said she had to date with him too, ? Kagome was jarred out of her thoughts as Hojo reached out and took her hand.

"Well, Kagome. Shall we go?" He smiled at her, some of his previous shyness evaporating since she hadn't stood him up yet again.

Souta was desperately trying to calm Inuyasha, without giving away his position. He was surprised that the sofa hadn't caught on fire...

Inuyasha was all but roaring as the two left the house, that boy was touching HIS Kagome's hand, and she was letting him!!! His hair was starting to stand on end he was so angry. How dare she let him do that! What the hell was this date thing anyway!? Growling, he shuffled from under the sofa and grabbed Souta. "Were , are , they , going?"

Souta stared up at Inuyasha's red eyes, "To dinner at a place down the street called 'Italiana' or something!" His lower lip quivered. "A-are you okay?"

Inuyasha shook, "Oh, I'm just fine, your sister is acting like a common wench and I can't do anything about it!" He yelled. "I'm going after them, this has to stop!" He flew out the door, leaving a very confused Souta in his wake. Oh, Kagome you're going to get yours, he thought as he bounded after the couple, just you wait!

Next chapter, DINNER,

How will Inuyasha follow the couple without being seen? Will Hojo survive even the first course of the meal? Who will Kagome run into in the Girl's bathroom? Will Inuyasha be defeated by Italian food? All this and more after you Read and Review! Love you all, Darth Mer Mer.