InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Death by Betrayal ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
 
Death by Betrayal
 
 
Were we meant to be?
Was it truly allowed?
Mayhap a figment?
Are we complete?
 
You weren't there for me.
So does that make you mine?
It wasn't wanted by many.
Is that what we wanted?
 
Our love was lustful.
So, was our love just lies?
I felt incomplete, random.
So were we truly meant to be?
 
(drip)
Moonlight shelters the tears...
Starlight cries for my love...
But does the sun wish me happiness?
 
 
A book lay on a sleeping bag in Feudal Japan. On the cover reads a name, said person picks it up ad starts reading…
 
I've figured it out! I love him; that has been the purpose of everything that's happened. I know some may say it's just a schoolgirl crush, but I actually love him. He may be arrogant, stubborn, but I can sense the good in him. I can tell he's meant for me and no one else. But in the corner of my mind there's something nagging at me… what could it be?
 
 
Streetlights shine
on a broken body
Pale skin slicked with blood
everything
soaked in
Blood.
 
The broken body
under the red
is covered in
black and blue
another victim of
Fate.
 
Dull gray eyes stare
into the night skies
wishing
everything was undone
not a part of
Destiny.
 
As she lays dieing
thinking her lasts thoughts
she stops and whispers hoarsely
that everything will get
better once she's
Dead.
 
 
Betrayal n 1: To be false or disloyal to: betrayed their cause; betray one's better nature. 2: To divulge in a breach of confidence: betray a secret. 3: To lead astray; deceive.
 
Betrayal is such a simple word, a word that causes pain and suffering to the one betrayed. You'd think it wouldn't be a common word, but it is. Well... maybe not to you, but to me it means something. So many people know its meaning and people still continue causing such devastating moments in others lives. It causes people to fall down on their knees begging that someone not to leave them, that they love them. And that person just walks away. They walk away from that person they've left on the ground crying over someone who just broke their heart. Utterly smashed it to bits then spat on it. And that person will stay up at night thinking of all the good time, those kisses and dates and then realize that you've been dumped by a pompous no good mother-fucking moron that you love. So you'll continue to tell yourself that maybe what he said was a lie, that he was just joking, that it was April Fools day (which it wasn't). How could anyone be so naïve to believe that person? One might ask. How could someone be so dumb as to believe that person's lies? How could they not know the person they were with was deceiving you? So maybe it hasn't happened to everybody, so maybe they haven't felt the heart breaking moments I have. They don't sit on their bed at night remembering, feeling, knowing those moments when their world crashes around them and they cry for a long time... Maybe people shouldn't criticize the injured at heart... They should just live their lives peacefully and hope no person like that enters their lives.
 
But what if that someone you loved never returned your love in the first place? Would their betrayal hurt that much more? Would you continue life or mope around? Would you become depressed, saddening all your friends? Or would you just cope and hope he won't talk to you ever again, never to see his face again? How would your life be dictated by this sudden change?
 
But then again there's the possibility that he did return your love. But they couldn't continue loving you, would you just stop and contemplate what's wrong with you? Would you ask them? Talk to them? How could you go on living knowing that in a small crevice in your heart will always contain memories of him?
 
 
Sinking into depression
watching you seek
that poison
killing me
slowly... slowly
slowly...
s
l
o
w
l
y...
 
Looking upon your face
watching you search
for that knife
that you stabbed me with
killing me... killing me
killing me
slowly
with that knife
you
used to stab
me
in the back with.
 
Searching for that
one little flaw
in your plan
laid out to
hurt me... hurt me
hurt me
with that single
miniscule
tiny
brush on
the lips
kiss.
 
And everyone knows it was
you
who killed
me
secretly, silently
everyone
blames you for my ever so
discreet death
without a flaw
except you never
thought that I'd
haunt you.
 
 
It's raining. I'm not depressed or anything, if at all I'm kind of happy. The rain is like a cleansing session for a specific part on our planet. It washes away the tainted parts and they become purified. That's my outlook anyways, some people think rain is gloomy, depressing, and sad, I actually like the rain.
 
But how can one be cleansed of their actions if one never truly feels clean? How can one go on living with all these tainted thoughts, all these tainted feelings? That brings me to a different question…
 
Why is life the way it is? Are we all meant to love, to comfort? Are we meant to betray, lie, hurt, taint, hate? What is the meaning of our existence? Do we shed tears as to confirm we've felt pain? Do we perform acts of intimacy to prove we've loved? Why do we continue to tear apart our very beings with acts of hate? Why do we attempt to comfort each other with petty words? Why are there so few means of helping when there are so many ways to hurt a person? Are we truly meant to be here?
 
 
(drip)
(drip)
(splash!)
 
Tears fall into a puddle
below my torn body
taking its brutal punishment.
 
(drip)
(drip)
(splash!)
 
Blood drips down my body
ending up in my tears,
blood is heavier than water.
(drip)
(drip)
(splash!)
 
The rain soaks my body
washing away my tears and blood
only for me to form new drops.
 
(drip)
(drip)
(splash!)
 
What's the point of
washing away something
that'll only come back?
 
(drip)
(drip)
(splash!)
 
All for one thing.
All of this for one thing.
All of this for...
...
... love?
 
 
Looking down
I see the turmoil
my emotions
caused the sea.
 
Looking back
I see nothing but
Pain and Horror
caused my life.
 
I look down once more
and decide that
this life is
no longer mine...
..
.
Goodbye
 
 
Watch as I fall.
Listen to my scream.
Understand that I'm gone.
 
See that I'm gone.
Hear that plea.
Comprehension beyond words.
 
And it's your entire fault
That death finally caught me.
 
 
Dearest Inuyasha,
 
If you're reading this Inuyasha, it means I'm gone. Dead. And you want to know the funny thing? It's because of you. Never thought you'd kill a human voluntarily, though I guess this wasn't purposeful. That's not the point. Inuyasha, you've caused my heart too many problems. You've killed my heart numerous times. You've practically murdered my soul countless times and I still loved you. Yeah, I loved you, but after all the heartbreak it just sort of disappeared. Then I realized life was pointless for me. So if you somehow found me alive again, know it's t come kill you Inuyasha.
 
Tell Shippo, Sango, and Miroku I'm gone and that I love them. Not you, however. See you in Hell, Inubaby, it's been swell.
 
Kagome Higurashi, granddaughter, daughter, sister, friend, loveless.