InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Deceiving Appearance ❯ Appearances can be Deciving ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is an InuYasha/OC I don't own InuYasha (cry). Don't forget to review. In the feudal age, there are demons everywhere but not all are bad, are they truly demons or something more? Where dose Kagome truly get her powers from, are they from the Shikon jewel she was born with or something more? Read and find out. Started Feb 8/2004.

`Thinking.'

"Talking."

Deceiving Appearance by Firebird Phoenix akaAngel17

Chapter 1 Appearances can be Deceiving

Kagome returned to the feudal age four days ago quiet, withdrawn and for lack of a better word lifeless hardly speaking to anyone, when someone asked what was wrong she would say she didn't want to talk about it. Kagome couldn't sleep she hadn't slept sense she arrived she thought some fresh air might help.

`Huh? There's Kagome, I wonder what's wrong with her she won't sleep or eat. I'm going to follow her and find out where she's going.' Thought InuYasha sitting upon Kaede's hut like he had sense Kagome had first arrived, InuYasha would never addmit it but he was worried for Kagome. He followed Kagome deep into the fields she stopped suddenly and started to cry InuYasha ran to her side and asked what's wrong.

"How could I have been so foolish?" Kagome's eyes held so mush pain just as she was about to tell InuYasha what was wrong a pack of giant short hair wolves the size of horses. Blood red eyes with black fur bat wings on their back a meter long each, long slender tails with triangles at the end, appeared out of no where and attacked them.

"What the heck are those things?" said InuYasha

"Hand over the girl my master wants her," said the leader of the wolf pack.

"That ain't going to happen." Spat InuYasha pulling out his Tetsusaiga

"Very well, we will just have to kill you and take her anyway." Said the lead wolf. A fiery orb the size of a mango formed in the wolf's mouth he shot it at InuYasha who only smirked.

`InuYasha doesn't know how powerful that orb is, it will surely kill him or at least bring him to a point of near death,' thought Kagome knowing the power of the fire orb the wolf shot. `I can't let that happen, I have to do something.' Going on instinct and her heart Kagome pushed InuYasha out of the way of the fire orb taking the full force of the orb herself. She screamed a bloody scream InuYasha watched as she fell to the ground covered in her own blood. InuYasha ran to her as she fell calling her name, he sat next to the bloody form of Kagome fearing to move her, she groaned and opened her eyes slightly. InuYasha saw nothing but red when he looked at the wolves that attacked them, using the mighty wind-scar InuYasha destroyed all the wolves.

"InuYasha?" Kagome spoke weakly, swallowing hard with every painful breath.

"Kagome you stupid women!" exclaimed InuYasha his worry for Kagome clearly showing on his face.

"I'm sorry InuYasha, I guess this is what happens when you lead with your heart into battle. But lesson we don't have much time. I'm not who I appear to be I'm something different." Kagome turned away from him and coughed up blood.

"What are you saying, are you a demon?" said InuYasha trying to make sense of this matter. Kagome shook her head no and continued to explain.

"Something else InuYasha." But before Kagome could finish explaining she past-out from the pain.

"Well, at least she not in any pain right now." Said InuYasha aloud, carefully picking her up and running to the village. Unknown to InuYasha something was watching him carry Kagome to the village, hidden in the shadow of the moon twelve animal figures with wings watched and waited, the center one nodded and the shadow figures began to fly to the village.

*~~~*

"Kaede! Kaede!" yelled InuYasha nearing Kaede's hut, the elderly priestess exited her hut wondering what the half demon InuYasha was hollering about.

"What is the matter InuYasha?" asked Kaede. Not yet noticing Kagome in his arms, InuYasha brought Kagome to her Kaede quickly took Kagome inside and rushed InuYasha out. She knew he couldn't help as she treated Kagome. InuYasha paced back and forth waiting to hear news of Kagome; Miroku sat meditating saying a prayer for Kagome, and Sango was confuting Shippo telling him Kagome would be fine, Kaede finely appeared from her hut.

"How is she?" InuYasha was the first to ask and jump at her appearance into the outdoors.

"Kagome will be fine." everyone sighed in relief.

"Then what still troubles you Kaede?" asked Miroku noticing her uneasy manner.

"None of Kagome's flesh is going to scar, her flesh was only slightly burned." Said Kaede with a worried look.

"But Kaede isn't that a good thing?" asked Shippo confused about Kaede's words and actions.

"Yes child it is, but still, how is it that Kagome was harmed so little?" Kaede pointed out. InuYasha rested on the hut wall the moments back at the field replaying them selves in his mind.

Flashback:

"I'm different InuYasha."

"What are you saying, are you a Demon."

"No, something else."

End Flashback:

"Maybe it wasn't powerful enough." Said Sango still holding Shippo in her arms and Kirara on her shoulder.

"Why didn't you save her InuYasha?" said Shippo accusing InuYasha of not protecting Kagome when he need to.

"He was probably side tracked and didn't even notice Kagome getting attacked." Said Shippo certain InuYasha was to blame for Kagome's condition.

"Look it ain't my fault that Kagome pushed me out of the way of the fire orb!" InuYasha speed off toward the forest after his confession.

"Did he just say Kagome pushed him out of the way?" asked Miroku stunned by InuYasha words. "But why would Kagome push InuYasha out of the way?" asked Shippo

"I don't know Shippo perhaps Kagome knows something of these fire orbs we don't." said Miroku glancing back at the hut,

*~~~*

Suddenly an explosion of blue light destroys three huts that the end of the village InuYasha was the first as the seen with his Tetsusaiga eager for a fight. The attackers were similar to the demons that attacked him and Kagome earlier. White Loins the size of horses with angel wings each wing a mater long, icy blue eyes piercing the soul, their long slender tails moving like an eel above water. Blue orbs formed in their mouths, swirling whirlpools moving all around the mango size orbs, they had different attacks one could turn anything it touches to ice while the other would destroy anything in a six-meter radius with high pressured water. Ten of the flying lions attacked the end of town always making sure never to kill any humans.

"You may not smell like the demons that attacked Kagome and I but you look close enough." Said InuYasha with the transformed Tetsusaiga on his shoulder.

"InuYasha don't use the Tetsusaiga here you might kill innocent people." Cried Miroku whom had just arrived with Sango and Kirara.

"Fine I'll just have to kill them the hard way." Said InuYasha putting the mighty sword away.

"Iran Revere Soul Stealer!" InuYasha yelled jumping into the air slicing at the lions, the lions scattered and began firing orbs at InuYasha and the gang, dodging them Sango swung her boomerang at the lions whom simply turned it to ice.

"Damn! These things are powerful." Said InuYasha, his attack missed again and again no mater what they did the lions would simply move out of the way and fire an ice orb just missing our Heroes.

"I don't get it, these demons are powerful enough to kill us all so why don't they?" said Sango continuing to dodging the orbs.

"What a minuet there staling us." Said InuYasha

"What for, what are they here for?" asked Miroku

"Kagome! They're after Kagome! Damn, how could I've been so stupid? " Yelled InuYasha turning to back to Kaede's hut. As soon as InuYasha and the others tried to leave the lions roared loudly and two lions flew out from the back of Kaede's hut. Before anyone could move the lions froze Kirara's paws to the ground rendering her flightless. InuYasha tried to run after them but it was too late the lions and Kagome were gone.

The gang was at Kaede's hut trying to get clues but found nothing, No one had ever heard or seen anything like the demons that attacked the village, and Kagome and InuYasha.

"Is it possible these demons are so rare we've just never come across or heard of them." suggested Miroku

"No, all demons as powerful as them, my village knew about." Said Sango putting that idea to rest.

"Who cares if no one has heard of them or not we should be out there looking for Kagome." InuYasha yelled eager to go after the lions with his Tetsusaiga.

"Were all worried about Kagome, InuYasha, but where do we look first." Said Miroku being the practical voice of the group

"Those lions headed north to the mountains I'm going that way maybe I'll catch there sent and find them if you want to come try to keep up." Said InuYasha leaving Kaede's hut followed by the others.

*~~~*

Kagome found her self in a cave with several dozen of the demons who kidnapped her, it was large dry with a stream of fresh water at the back she was laying on a large bed made of hey with two other demon lions laying next to her. It reminded her of the wolf demon den of Koga's tribe. The leader approached Kagome, she moved back fearing he was planning to eat her.

"Do not fear Kagome we would never harm you." Spoke the lion his voice was powerful strong like a leader.

"Kagome, I've brought you here to give you back your true self." Said a woman in her late thirties, she was tall 5'7 with white hair and pointed ears, and she had icy blue eyes, a long slender white lions tail. She wore not too tight black pants with tall black boots a not too tight dark red top reaching just above her bellybutton and a long black coat reaching just past her knees.

"I thought you were dead." Said Kagome tears willing up in her eyes.

"No Kagome I'm vary much alive." Said the woman smiling, in her hand she created a large blue orb just like the lions she threw it at Kagome, overtaken by the orb Kagome started to change, the blue light went into Kagome's body and she collapsed, changed.

End Chapter:

Finished Feb 17/2003 3:00am

What has Kagome changed to? And how dose she know the mystery woman? Dose she have something to do with Kagome acting so strangely when she returned to the feudal age stay tuned to Deceiving Appearance to find out. I am way to tired to upload this chapter and book tonight I'll upload tomorrow after class about 3pm collage is hard work

I needed someone to accuse InuYasha of not protecting Kagome and Shippo is the only person in their gang I could think of. I hope you liked it and don't forget to review.