InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ December's Promise ❯ Rumors and Promises ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
December's Promise: Rumors and Promises


By Shadowpoet


a/n: Boogiepop Phantom phenomina/Inuyasha Oo enjoy




She lazily stared off into the distance. It was yet another school day for her. It was almost time for a break. That meant more time in the feudal era. But during this muse she had something else bother her. Something different than worrying about Naraku or the jewel shards. Sitting in her seat, she looked out the window and watched the wind blow. They were waiting for her. Back in another time. Another place. The winter blue sky flew overhead.


Class began and boredom did as well. Kagome Higurashi. She was 2 years away from being a senior. But there was something dfferent about this day. Even the reincarnated priestess sensed this. Through the sunny sky would be one dark week. To top it off, it wouldn't be such a good-


"Class, please get your homework out." their teacher began to write on the board. Just as class was over a group of Kagome's friends began discussing a rumor.


"..ya they don't even know if it was a person." one guy recalled. Kagome remained in her seat packing her stuff up.


"I feel sorry for them. Most of their bodies weren't even found." a girl added.


"Who would do such a sick thing anyway?" another girl commented. Kagome got up and left the room. The window's weather was different from the last one. She ignored it and figured that it was just because it was getting late. By the time she got home Inuyasha was waiting for her.


"Back home already?" Inuyasha sarcasticly asked.


"I don't wanna have to repeat a subject." Kagome took her shoes off. "Besides, I spend most of my time in your era anyway."


Mrs. Higurashi had already finished dinner. While they made their way there, night fell. Inuyasha kept wondering how much longer would it take to gather the jewel shards. Kagome sat wondering what she would do afterwards. What would happen if Naraku and the jewel were all done. It was almost christmas.


"Kagome, can you do me a favor?" Souta asked.


"What is it?" Kagome stretched.


"Can you finish wrapping the gifts? I've got some homework to do."


"Fine." Kagome went to her room. Inuyasha carried the work that had to be done.


"I'm carrying this why?" Inuyasha went up the stairs.

"You're not really gonna help me?" Kagome opened her room door. As she sat down Inuyasha got on her bed and watched her wrap the presents.


"What's all this for anyway?"


"They're gifts. Out of free will."


"Gifts huh?" Inuyasha sniffed a box.


"You know...all that I want as a present from you this christmas is for you to be yourself." Kagome stopped wrapping gifts for Souta.


"That could be doable." Inuyasha put the box down.


"I want you to promise me that you will." Kagome told him straight forward.


Inuyasha sighed. Being himself sure. But not to become a demon was a maybe. Kagome took the silence as his moment of thinking. So she got back to her favor. It was dark by the time she had an idea to go out. She wanted Inuyasha to experience winter differently. Both of them went to a winter festival held by a park.


The first place she wanted to go to was the ferris wheel. Once they got in, Inuyasha looked out the window amazed. The view was far different from him jumping onto the rooftops. That's when Kagome finally asked him what was on her mind.


"Will you still stay after you're done with the jewel shards?"


Inuyasha continued to look out and watch the snow fall. He was thinking about it, so Kagome let him think for a while.


" Maybe." He sighed.


Kagome just left it off there. she hugged his arm and joined him in watching the snow and the view of the lights. They sat inside the ride and enjoyed the moment where they were neither fighting or worried about anything. Just for a time together.


" I've never seen the snow look like it's going over the houses." Inuyasha smirked.


The ride started moving yet again. Occuring too sudden for Kagome, she clung onto him harder. Sango and the others should see this, Inuyasha sat still amazed by how such a contraption could offer them such a sight.


" C'mon, I'll show you what's fun to do in carnivals." Kagome pulled him to a booth. Inuyasha, who had left his sword, was protecting Kagome from a water gun fight. One kid squirted some water on his face.


" Damn you little-"


"Inuyasha ! They're only kids."


Inuyasha calmed down and shrugged it off. Kagome explained to the boys that he was just startled and then caught up with him.


"I know that the Tetsusaiga isn't with you, but don't pick fights with anyone." She followed him." Take out your anger on a game!"


Kagome brought Inuyasha to bumper cars. When he got his turn he repetitively tried to hit the kids who wet him. After going to half of every booth, Kagome finally gave up and decided to go home.


"Your games are fun."


"That's because you like beating those kids."


"Well...they started the whole thing..so..too bad."


"Egh.."


It was a silent walk home. Soon the music and balloons dissappeared from their view. Kagome had bought cotton candy and offered Inuyasha some, but he was carrying the prizes he won.


"What do you think Inuyasha? Christmas is fun or what?"Kagome sat on her bed.


" Feh...I can have more fun killing demons." He put the two big stuffed animals down.


"At least we were able to cover your ears." She handed him Tetsusaiga.


"What's wrong with them?" His ears twitched.


"Maybe the fact that no one really walks around here with that."


"Hey sis..you're back." Sota came in.


"What is it?"


"Your friend called and said she's having a party. Someone named 'Hojo' was gonna be there."


"Hojo?" Inuyasha looked at Kagome.


"Uh...just a friend promise." Kagome put up her hands in defense.


"Just a friend." Inuyasha mumbled.


"Sis, why don't you go?" Sota suggested.


"Egh! That's all Sota, you can leave."


Sota shrugged and left. Inuyasha kept wondering who this 'Hojo' person was. Kagome was trying to find a way to explain it all. 2 more days until the presents were to be given. She just brought up the topic about the jewel shards to keep his mind of off Hojo. When she checked the time she decided to turn in for the night. Inuyasha just promised to return the next day.


Kagome got up in the middle of the night. It wasn't really pitch black outside, but there was rarely a sign of light anywhere. She made her way to get a cup of water. When she went back to her room, she had an urge to look out her window for a minute or two. There she found nothing but a sleeping city. Suddenly, from a distance, she saw a light shoot up from a building.


-In an instant flash-


A girl is seen falling. Deeper and deeper into the depths of darkness. Random images of students that have died come about. Then images of her classmates deaths.


-The next morning-


Kagome woke up. All of last night was like a dream. Dead students? A suicidal girl? What did all of that have to do with her? As she got ready for school, the television reported that 5 students in her school had already been found missing or dead. By the time she got down for breakfast, the segment was over.


"Did you hear about it Kagome? Students from around that neighborhood are gone." her mom worried.

"Ya. A couple of my friends were talking about it." Kagome recalled.


"Do you think it could be a demon?" Souta suggested.


"I don't know."


But Naraku has dissapeared for a while. could he be the one behind all of it? He's a demon. What would humans be of use to him anyway?


This day was different from the other days. It was just the begining of the promised images.


-End chapter 1-