InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ December's Promise ❯ Pieces Fall ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
December's Promise: Pieces Fall


By Shadowpoet


a/n: ya... thankies to all who reviewed ^^" The POEM belong to ME!!


-------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
Inuyasha waited out the door. Kagome would be home soon. At least, he hoped so. Maybe she might fall into one of her dillusions again. He wondered about things. What would happen next? First the alley, then what?


'Something about a light.' Inuyasha recalled. He looked up and watched the wind for a second. Leaves flew by. Then he returned to waiting for Kagome. Little did he know, her dream was far from over. Just a couple of blocks ahead was Kagome. She was running home. The poem was no coincidence and she knew it was a message.


What about the people that weren't taken by the phantom? What happend to them?


Her thoughts were answered by a dead end corner near the walkway she was in. A policeman was on his knees. Apparently, by what Kagome could tell, he was eating something. When he moved aside, he was eating someone. Frightened by the sight, Kagome immediately ran to her home. The policeman wasn't following her, but it was safer to run and tell Inuyasha sooner.


"He wasn't even a demon." Kagome decribed.


"A mortal eating a mortal?" Inuyasha tried to imagine it.


"Never mind that, he might come after me." Kagome explained.


"I don't see anyone comin." Inuyasha poked his head behind her.


"Hmm..."Kagome also looked.


He's watching me


He crys for me


As I stare back at him


The rain only continues his cry


Then my tears mix with his


She gasped and looked for a girl. Inuyasha observed her sudden action and asked what she was looking for. Kagome told him to look for a girl. Or if he saw any nearby. He found some, but he doubted it was who she was looking for.


School had started. There were fewer people coming everyday. Most were gone because they were afraid of the stories. Some were just gone. Teachers had to continue working for their job and money. It was time for english and there was a poetry assignment. Kagome volunteered to go first and opened her paper.


" Rain story by Kagome Higurashi


Please don't forget me when I'm gone


Long, lost forgotten


Souless creature amongst society


I remember your eyes


Before demise


We stood beneath the rain


Why it always ends hear, I cannot explain


Watching your eyes beneath the foggy sky


You smiled outside, but inside cried


Tears mingle with the water


Pale white skin, cold, untouched


Unheard voices call too much


Invisible tears run down


I placed my hand on your unstill frown


Why does it end this way?


Where is the lightened ray?"


She stopped. This was the same poem that she had dreamt. Because it sounded finished, her teacher thanked her and she went back to her seat. The verses repeated in her head. The dream. The poem.


What does it mean? Is it because of that weird alley? Maybe it's connected to something. What is going on? Everything is so confusing. If only Inuyasha understood what I was trying to get at.


"I wanted to know." the next student started his poem."How it felt. To see thy eyes shine like mine. To hear thy voice in mine. Sing our lullaby."


Kagome stopped thinking about what she had just been wondering about and listened to this poem. It too was making her wonder about the angel.

.
"Cradle me in arms of life. Cry thy lullaby. Tears are no more. Now we wish to fly. I hope to see you one day." the student continued."But that would happen if I could only fly away."


That afternoon afterschool, Kagome remembered that mysterious man in the alley. Inuyasha was there waiting for her as usual. This time though he was looking for something. Kagome stopped and tried to look in the direction of where he was looking earlier.


"What is it?"


"It the smell of blood." Inuyasha turned to her."Like a struggle or something."


"Let's check it out." Kagome suggested. Inuyasha got her on his back and jumped upon the tops of the city. Once there, they found nothing but a trace of blood. Kagome looked around carefully and noticed that it was like the time she found her friend." Look over there."


Inuyasha went to the wall of the dark alley and found some clothing. There indeed was a struggle here. He continued to look for more clues. Kagome found a footprint and distinctly stared at it. It brought back a scene that had happend a few days ago. When she found a policeman over a pool of blood.


"This doesn't happen to your city much does it?" Inuyasha sniffed the air.


"Nothing like this. There's no trace of anything left. No one knows who the culprit is."


"Well, at least you know one thing."


"What's that?"


Inuyasha pointed to the blood on the floor." He is one messy killer."


The policeman and the angel. Both of them are the ones making everyone else disappear. What would they want with them anyway. When I met the phantom the policeman wasn't there. I remember her saying that it was becaue I had the powers of a priestess, but so does most of anyone that comes after me.


"Inuyasha I think I've figured it out."


"That's nice, but I think we've gotta go."


"Why?"


"Your 'policeman' people are coming. The irritating sirens are coming this way."


With that, they went off. They made sure that they left the proof there and took their stuff with them. On the way back to her house, Kagome saw another black object following the roof. Was it the same person she had met before? When they got home Kagome sat in bed thinking about the next day. Will she encounter the angel or the flesh-eating policeman?


--
Do you really want to know?


Huh?


Foolish girl. You've seen things too soon and know things too late.


What are you talking about?


I'll tell you what it means to have the ability to know this.


The phantom...


If you want to save them.


My friends?


Then die.


Die?


End your life to save theirs.


My life...


I suggest to you one thing...and that's to never leave the ones you love behind.


----
"..kaGOME!" Inuyasha shook her.


"uh...what is it?" Kagome got up. When she opened her eyes she was about to go into the well, but she was holding a knife as well.


"What the heck are you thinking?" Inuyasha made her drop the knife. She stared in disbelief as the knife fell. What did she plan to do with it anyway?


"What..?"Kagome looked around. They were in the shrine in the middle of the night. Kagome shivered at the thought the angel had left her. She had to die in order to save her friends.


"C'mon, I think you need to get back to your house." Inuyasha helped her.


I need to die. Why does it take one life to save all? Maybe I should just die. It's better than getting eaten alive by the myterious cop.


"What were you thinking?" Inuyasha got her attention." I should really stay here more often than go back to the feudal era now."


"What did I do?" Kagome was laid on her bed.


"You took the knife and tried to kill me. Then you were about to go to your brothers room and do the same."


Kagome calmed down and tried to asses things. The shrine was silent. All but the movement of the dirt beneath their feet. She sighs and figures that it was a one time thing and it was an accident. Her dream only provoked her body to do such things.It was all just the start. They would never know that this was one of Kagome's last days.


-Chapter end-