InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Defects of Perfection ❯ S t i c k y Water ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Nothing compared to what I -will- do to you." He assured her, freeing her of her bindings with caution. As he did this, she took the time to look at him.. Really look at him. Past the almost effeminate features, to the twisted soul that lay within. He was so obvious, an open book. She gazed upon him and saw him for what he was.. Vermin in desperate need of extermination. She'd be the one to do that. She would never give up on her vow.

His day to die would be her day of victory.

But not now.

Lungs swelled gleefully with the musky night air, unbound locks of obsidian - coiled within threads of crimson and white moonlight - fell about her lovely face, which was regaining just a bit of long forgotten color. Her hands trembled. Emotions bottled up within, eager to burst, yielded in such a way that it was alien to her, after so long. Warm tears slid down her icy cheeks, and she felt them.. Smooth, and bitter as they died upon her cupid lips.

The utter delight of the moment, being flung headlong back into humanity - was quickly and forcefully shattered. Tearing wide open the cool frame of mind that he usually portrayed, the dark hanyou lashed out as if he were an animal, near quivering with the anger and the desire that fed through his bloodstream. He could not stop himself. It was as if Onigumo had become his mind and his fingertips, pulsing, his hands, strong and willing.

Kikyou's surprised cry was so soft, so severed, that it made him virtually unsure if she'd made any noise at all. Needle-like pain crawled up and down her spine as she was tossed carelessly to the stone floor that waited below, hard, and unmerciful. Bewildered, she attempted to rise to her feet, only to be shoved back once more as Naraku forced his weight upon her, holding her down as she struggled in vain.

Her skull collided with that same floor, and she spiraled into dark abyss, the last thing she saw being Naraku's eyes, glowering with a most disturbing passion.. Shudders involuntarily coursed through her lithe body.

Fabrics spun and flew to various destinations, flesh of purest ivory exposed- its taste, he mused, much like cold, still water. And being unconscious, she did not object to this.. Merely tossed her head as if battling a fever, quivering as long fingers drew idle designs across her bosom. Her eyes darted behind the impossibly heavy lids, and her mouth hung agape in an expression of utter panic. His nails pierced her raw wrists.

But it was only when he attempted to seal the deal, to enter, that she jolted awake and - despite those lustful hands that so pinned her own - palmed his reddened cheeks, causing him to reel back in pain. The holiness of her mere touch -would- be painful to the likes of him, she recalled.

If only she had her bow.

Disgusted at the indecency of herself, she scrambled to her knees, frailty and strength struggling to get the better of each other. One side was loosing badly. And Naraku had driven too deep to stop now; He'd sought to have her and he would not take 'no' for an answer. ..As if he'd even ask. With near feline stealth, and overall strength, he wrestled her back to the floor.

Ebon' tresses clung her face, glistening with cold sweat. A flash of creamy thigh could be seen - blood trickling in its narrow river, unbroken, down to her dainty feet as she was utterly impaled. The grotesque sound of burning skin could be heard as Naraku's flesh decayed and boiled beneath her grasping hands. And all the time, she wondered where InuYasha was, why he hadn't come to rescue her.

That death cloud of doubt flashed through her mind once more. Their love would not have been torn asunder if it had been strong enough - if it had been formed out of fate, and not simple loneliness. He'd have done it for the school girl. He'd have saved her by now.

Shaken with fatigue, she collapsed in a trembling heap, marks of every origin etched into her flesh. She was rendered immobile for now and she inhaled deeply the torrid night's air, stained with the scent of her bloodshed forever. She dreamt of nothing but darkness, and lay there, a blood-splattered beauty, as remnants of the haggard night faded into memory.

He slipped away in the dark, victorious, covered in traces of the night's exertions. Both of them appeared as though they'd just fled a murder scene, so unclean and filth-ridden - her, asleep, and him, gloating in silence. The breeze howled of inverted homicide. The moon scowled with the injustice.

And as she was and always would be, broken into fragments, every facet overturned, emotions ruptured, corrupted and violated, ashamed, Kikyou but never Kikyou after this night.. InuYasha - somewhere - remained untouched. Hate overswept fear in what seemed to be a daily routine of her battered heart. Her vow had not been quashed.

Naraku had only dug himself a deeper grave.