InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Define Family Chapter 3 ❯ Define Family Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Define Family

By Hiroko

Chapter Four

Yuki stared blankly up at the pale blue skies.

gUmmmchshe murmured, as she stretched out her arms. She swung herself onto a large branch on one of the nearby tree.

She suddenly felt tired. More than ever, as memories of the day before surged back into her mind, more vividly than at the time.

gKe.h She snorted, much like her brother, and very un-girlishly. gSo much, for such little time.h

Her gaze searched the sky for any sign of life, but she found none.

Quiet breeze tickled her face, and made her long, silver hair sail out behind her, exposing her elf-like ears.

She sighed.

Ifm so tired of this life.

She thought to herself, as she looked gloomily at the horizon, and her thoughts drifted out into space.

gHey!!!h a voice yelled from down below.

Yuki-Hime looked down to find her brother standing below the tree, facing up at her.

His face was stern, and he wasnft smiling.

gWhat do you want?h Yuki-Hime asked, not changing her expression.

gWhat are you doing up there?h Inuyasha asked sternly.

gWhy do you care?h Hime-Yasha shot back.

gBecause I canft just let you run around loose, and kill innocent humans!h Inuyasha yelled.

Hime-Yashafs expression showed a slight emotional drift to pain, but she turned right back to being expressionless.

gcch Yuki-Hime stared down at her younger brother.

gWhat?h Inuyasha demanded.

gI was just wondering, little brother, why you never sought to kill Sesshoumaru.h She replied, as she shifted her weight down to the stem of the branch.

gI did, you dimwit. Didnft you see his left arm? He has none left!!! Why do you think THAT is? BECAUSE I CHOPPED IT OFF!!!!h Inuyasha growled.

gThat was not what I meant, little brother, and would you keep your temper down? You surely have our fatherfs blood.h She chuckled quietly to herself. gBut I suppose you never sought to kill him for his position as the highest ruler on the West Lands?h

gNuccNoc Why would I want to? Besides, if you are there, and you are older than me, then whatfs the point? Youfre the second child. You would surely get the throne!h Inuyasha protested, as he jumped up to the tip of the branch his sister was sitting on.

gMe?h Hime-Yasha scoffed. gMe? You are not being serious, are you, little brother?h She forced out a laugh. gI am a female, do you not understand? Females are not to have thrones in their grasp!h

gButch Inuyashafs expression hardened. gWhy?h

He had never thought this way before.

He had always treated women the samec As equals.

But in this world, in his time, women were same as cows or land.

They were property.

He suddenly changed the subject.

He was not used to this kind of talk.

He did not know how to react.

gStop calling me elittle brotherf! It gets on my nerve! I have a name, you know!h Inuyasha barked.

gYes, I know you do. Your father named youc Inuyasha. After me.h Her eyes became dazed, as she recalled the beginnings of her life.

Inuyasha sat next to her uneasily.

gInuyasha.h She suddenly spoke again after a long silence.

gWhat?h Inuyasha snapped.

gYou do know about the war Sesshoumaru had with the Leopards long ago, 50 years ago to be exact?h she asked sternly.

gUmc Yeah.h Inuyasha muttered as he uneasily fidgeted around with his foot.

gI died then.h Hime-Yasha smiled inwardly.

g????h Inuyasha gaped at her with his mouth open. gWhat did you just say?!h

gI said, I died then. All four of them Leopards ganged up on me, and killed me. I was so distracted with the little ehelpersf that I didnft have the time to stop them.h She sighed.

gYouc Meanc Sesshoumaru revived you? Like he did with that girl?h Inuyasha stared with his mouth gaped open.

gYes. I was the first he ever did that to, I suppose. That is when he found out how the sword works exactly. After that, I had barely seen him. I had to stay with my mother. I was too naive to continue with my life alone, they must have thought.h Hime-Yasha told Inuyasha, and then, as if coming back to reality, clapped her hands to her mouth. gWhy did I just say?h She muttered to herself.

Inuyasha knew better than to speak, so he kept quiet.

gWhy donft you attack me?h Inuyasha blurted out, unable to stand the silence. gWhy does Sesshoumaru attack me, but you donft? I donft understand! You are suppose to hate me!! You are suppose to try to kill me because Ifm a Hanyou!! Why are you so different from him?!h he demanded.

gWhy?h Yuki looked at Inuyasha with a surprised expression on her face. gWhy? Inuyasha, do you want me to try and kill you?h

gWell, no, butc.Sesshoumaru doescc He hates mech Inuyasha murmured.

gInuyashach Yuki shook her head. gHe does not hate youc He justch

gINUYASHA!!!h Kagomefs high voice called through the thick forest. gBREAKFAST!!!! ITfS READY!!! BRING YOUR SISTER WITH YOU!!!h

Inuyasha and Yuki jumped, and almost fell off the branch.

They looked at each other, and Inuyasha shrugged his sholders.

gBetter get going, I suppose.h He said, as he landed swiftly onto the ground.

Yuki-Hime followed, as she did a mid-air flip, and landed next to him.

gSo?h she quizzed with her eyes. gWhat now?h

Inuyasha grumbled uneasily as he sat down, his sister following every move he made.

He picked up his chopstick to eat his stew, and his sister mimicked him with great accuracy.

When he asked for seconds, his sister did too.

When he finally stood up, unable to take the awkward silence any longer, she did too.

gWill you STOP IT?!h Inuyasha yelled hysterically at his sister.

gStop what? You stop yelling at me, you puppy!!h Yuki yelled back.

gIfm telling you to STOP DOING EVERYTHING I DO!!h Inuyasha barked.

gAre you trying to tell me what to do?!h Yuki screeched.

Everyone sighed, and continued on with their meals silently.

gYES, IfM COMMANDING YOU!!h Inuyasha growled.

gWell, what ever did I do to YOU?!h Yuki yelled back.

gWhy, you littlech Inuyasha began pouncing on his sister, knocking her backwards.

gWhat the?! Inuyasha, STOP IT!!h Yuki screeched, as she tried to pry her brother off.

She picked Inuyasha up with extraordinary force, and threw him onto the ground.

She flipped back onto her feet, and crouched low to the ground much like a dog, and bared her fangs.

Inuyasha lunged at her again, but this time Yuki was ready.

But before he got to herc

gInuyasha, sit!!!h Kagome screamed, as with a sickening thud, Inuyasha fell head first into the ground.

gWhat the hell do you think you are doing?! Youfre invading our social time, you baka!h she screeched at him.

gBu-BUT, Kagome!!h Inuyasha tried to protest, but was unable to, receiving the dark glare from Kagome.

Inuyasha reluctantly stomped down, and picked up his chopsticks again.

Yuki meekly slid out of the hut.

gInuyashac.h Kagome began, quietly. gWe need to talkch

gTalk about what?h Inuyasha asked, sharply.

gAboutc Your sisterch Kagome sighed, and placed her chopstick down.

Miroku and Sango remained quiet, and listened.

gYeah, what about her?h Inuyasha grumbled.

gI know you donft fancy her, butch Kagome muttered blushing.

gWhat?h Inuyasha demanded irritated.

gI think she should comec With us, on the journeych She whispered. gShe thinks everyone is an enemy, Inuyasha, donft you understand? She is just likecJust like when I first met you, and ch

gAnd before I met with Kikyou? Is that what you are trying to tell me? Give me a break, Kagome she is NOT coming with us! Think of all of the damages and losses she could pose on us! Shefs SHESSHOUMARUfS SISTER!!h Inuyasha bawled.

gSo are you.h Miroku commented, solemnly.

gEike!!! Get off me, you PERVERT!!h Sango screeched, as she slapped Miroku across the face, his hand quivering close to her bottom.

Kagome sighed, and placed her gaze back to Inuyasha.

gDonft you thinkcItfll be better for us? To have another ally?h Kagome half whispered, half shouted at Inuyasha.

gNoch Inuyasha growled, determined to get rid of this idea. gNo, no, and NO she is NOT coming with us!h

gBut, Inuyasha!h Kagome protested.

gNO BUTS!h Inuyasha shouted, and stomped swiftly out of the cot, leaving the rest sitting uneasily.

gYe must think about his feelings, Kagome.h Kaede told Kagome softly. gHe is still at the cliffc He does not know whether to hate, or to love. She is a new existence to himch

gI guess youfre rightc Ifm going back. Home, I mean. Tell Inuyasha Ifll be back in a few days. He needs rest, and I need to go to school.h Kagome sighed, and picked up her backpack.

gRemember to bring me that special lollypop!h Shippou screeched after her.

gI will!h

Yuki sat on an old wooden well, thinking to herself, when she smelled that girl coming.

Oh, not her againc.

She thought, as her head raced in determining what to do. She decided to jump onto a nearby tree, hidden from view, and spy on her.

Kagome came running up the hill, a few minutes later, out of breath, and pausing to get her breathing even.

Humansc

Yuki thought. They are just outright hideous. Just look at her!! Just that much distance, and just look at her panting!!

Kagome, after a while, walked silently up to the well, and the next second, jumped in it.

Is she nuts? Why that hell would she want to jump into a WELL?! Yuki thought grumpily, as she got down from the tree.

She peered down into where Kagome disappeared into, but she wascGone.

No other word.

Not a trace left of her, even her scent was gone after a few meters down.

What the hell?

Yuki was suddenly shaken.

What was going on?

She had been wondering about the girl ever since she was rescued.

Why was she not afraid, or show hatred towards demons as other humans do?

Why?

She sat on the edge of the well again, and began thinking, as the morning songs rose with the birds happily chirping their melodiescc..

To be continuedccccc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^o^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is going to become like a little inside story of this story, Define Family, and how I got into making this storycc

Anyone thatfs interested, you are welcome to read it.

If you donftc Well, I canft help that. (^.^;

J

I sort of based this character- Yuki, sort of with my personality. I look all strong, and tough, and smart and everything on the outside, but in the inside, Ifm quite the opposite. I think that is why I got into Inuyasha so much. It almost reflects my personality, how Inuyasha is, and how he traps his feelings insideccc

If he lived in this world, this time, then he would have to go to a psychologist. :P

Most of my poems are sad, and abusive, but that is just my way of writing things.

BUT I was GOING to make this one not so depressive, but I donft think Ifve succeeded muchc (^_^;

That is a problemcc Of itfs ownc

Anyways, so how I got into writing this ficc I was, and I think am still writing another Inuyasha fan fiction, and it was in Japanese, because at that time, Ifve only seen Japanese Inuyasha, and read Japanese Inuyasha Mangas, so my mind wasnft into writing in English yet.

(And yes, so people who are wondering, I am Japanese.)

This story came up to my mind somehow, when I was imagining how it would be like if Inuyasha had a sister.

I guess I shouldnft start writing a fic when I am in the pits of depression, but I guess itfs too late now.

It isnft too bad of an idea anywayscc

Comments welcome!!!

(Comments for A/N welcome too!!!!)

e-mail: penguinchanjp@yahoo.co.jp

websites: http://www.geocities.com/animecrystalis

http://www.geocities.com/waning_crescent_moon

To be continuedcccc