InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demonology ❯ Naraku's Threats and Inuyasha's Resolve ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Dislcaimer:  I do not own Inuyasha, but oh, I wish I did.

 

The Queen Anne’s Revenge, also commonly known as the Vampire’s Dungeon, was one of the top Vampire hang outs in New York.  While located in Brooklyn, where the vast majority of vampires in New York lived, it was located close to the Brooklyn bridge, with a perfect view of the harbor. 

 

 

The Queen Anne’s Revenge  was the only paranormal club exempt from paying taxes in the city of New York for one very nefarious reason--- the owner, Edward Teach, turned anyone who asked for taxes into a vampire and would hold them in his underground dungeons for weeks.  After the second man was ballsy enough to ask for taxes, Teach thought it would be entertaining to torture him for weeks until he begged for death, then turning him into a vampire and using one of his collections of cursed objects to drive him to madness, then swiftly killing him.  When he was human, he was known as an usually bloodthirsty and cruel pirate.  As a vampire, he’s been a vicious mob boss who, while not entirely blood thirsty, could be easily bribed and one of the best business men in New York. 

 

 

The bottom line was that nobody crossed Blackbeard as a pirate, and especially nobody crossed him as a vampire. 

 

 

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru stood outside the Queen Anne’s Revenge Nightclub for a solid five minutes, trying to figure out if it was worth their lives going in.  If they were unsuccessful, there was a good chance that they would both die and the girls entrapped would perish.  Sesshoumaru had Jaken with him, the two headed staff pulled out of storage for this particular visit, and Inuyasha holding onto the robe of the firerat, hoping that one of these items would be able to bargain for Rin’s freedom, if of course, she were here.

 

 

“Well, there’s no time to waste,” Inuyasha stated under his breath, his body shaking.  Sesshoumaru kept his visage of nonchalance, but Inuyasha knew that he was scared too.  The pirate had made it clear over the years he did not like demons, and would refuse to recruit them into his inner circle.  While most vampires and demons got along well enough, the fact that Black beard was the exception made most paranormal creatures avoid him.

 

 

A ghost stood guard outside the building.  He was mostly transparent, looking almost like a mist.  The more intricate details of his pirate clothes showed that he may have served under Black Beard when he was alive and was asked to stay in this world to continue to serve the barbaric vampire.  The ghost remained emotionless as Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru measured him up.

 

 

“We were expecting you sooner, go to the back.  Teach is waiting for you.”

 

 

This confirmed the suspicions of Rin being detained in the dungeon.  The chance that Rin was here, and hopefully alive, gave them the bravado needed to move forward.

 

 

A pirate’s mast was in the center of the stage as a woman wearing red lingerie danced.  Her hair was long and blonde, touching her lower back and her blood-red lipstick accented her pale face.  It took Inuyasha a moment to notice her fangs, and the men at the tables watching here were awestruck at her dancing.  The tables were lit by candles in jars, with barrels as chairs.  They head to the side of the stage through a door that said “office,” and behind the desk was Blackbeard.

 

 

His hair was black and smoking, his eyes deep set and eerily cold, while the strange stitching around his neck would confirm legend of his initial death.  Edward Teach, better known to history as Black Beard, was not a force to be reckoned with.

 

 

“Gentlemen,” Teach said in an accent that has long been lost to history.

 

 

Inuyasha and Sessshoumaru bowed deeply to the pirate.  While both men had easily 500 years on Teach, his brutal tactics were heard world wide, and even reached their ears in Japan.  They knew that Rin’s life was hanging in a delicate balance, and it would only be by the good graces of the blood thirsty vampire in front of them that would will her to live.

 

 

“Captain, I hope that you could help us,” Inuyasha said, still in the deep bow.  He looked up and saw that Blackbeard was stroking the smoking mass on his face.  He smiled to show what looked like rotting teeth and perfect white fangs.  The combination was a bit of a visual trick, but vampires were known to grow new fags every few years, while the rest of their teeth stayed the same from when they were alive.  He was dressed as a pirate captain from the 1700s, which was the height of his piracy.  He stopped stroking his beard after seeing Inuyasha shaking in fear, pulling out a cigar and lighting it.  Inuyasha knew not to move until he had been properly released from his bow. There had been stories of men being cursed for not showing the proper respect.  While this was incredibly difficult for Sesshoumaru, who normally bowed to no one, they both stayed in the deep bow.

 

 

“Sit down you fools,” Blackbeard barked, taking a puff of his cigar.  The men straightened themselves up and sat in the chairs opposite of the mahogany desk.  Papers were strewn everywhere and the lighting was dim in the room.  Light reflected off of the demons hair, and a single candle was lit on the desk.  The chandelier was also lit by candles, giving the room an eerie feel, hiding the secrets within.

 

 

“I think you know why we’re here,” Sesshoumaru said in a bored tone.  Blackbeard grunted.

 

 

“Yes, the girl is here.  I’m surprised you didn’t figure it out sooner.”

 

 

“Well, when we heard dungeon, you’re the only one with a semi-decent dungeon in the city,” Sesshoumaru responded.

 

 

Blackbeard considered his statement, choosing his next words carefully.  “Yes, she is quite a beautiful girl.  I’m surprised at you though, Sesshoumaru.  You would think that a noble demon like yourself would not take kindly to mere mortals.  As delectable as she is, she is still nothing more than a human.  What makes her so special?”

 

 

Sesshoumaru twitched, wanting to rip the heart out of the vampire before him, but stopping himself.

 

 

“She’s his best bartender,” Inuyasha lied.  “Do you know how hard it is to find a bartender in a demon club who’s any good?”

 

 

Blackbeard let out a laugh.  “Probably as difficult as finding a good Vampire bartender.  These new fruity drinks that humans like are fucking impossible for vampires to conjure up.  What happened to just drinking the rum straight?”

 

 

“Look, we need her back for the final fights, what can we do to get her back?”  Inuyasha said, trying to bargain with Blackbeard.

 

 

 

“Well, to hold her I was paid a handsome ransom.  And I’m also supposed to inform the demons who captured her when you made an appearance here… but I don’t like to follow the rules, as you know.”

 

 

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru exchanged looks.  They figured there might be a trap, but they were unsure of where this conversation was going.

 

 

“So you’re not going to tell them we’re here?”  Sesshoumaru asked.

 

 

Blackbeard let out a laugh.  “And let them destroy this club?  I think not.  However, if you can beat their price, I’ll let the girl go.  Tell me, what do you think they offered me to hold the girl?”

 

 

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru didn’t have the slightest clue what they could have offered Blackbeard.  They knew that he usually wasn’t interested in money.  He had a large collection of cursed objects---once a pirate, always a pirate.  He loved everything that glittered and he loved human misery, why not combine the two? 

 

 

“I’m assuming a girl who tasted as sweet as when you first became a vampire,” Sesshoumaru said dully. 

 

 

Blackbeard threw his head back and laughed.  “You would think, but I have that already.  No, they offered me a demon puppet from the feudal era of Japan.  Quite a little trinket, but delicate so I can’t properly use it to cause a little chaos…  But it is something I’ve been looking for…”

 

 

Blackbeard wasn’t even being slightly subtle with what he was after.  Sesshoumaru placed the two headed staff on Blackbeard’s desk, causing Blackbeard to gaze at it in awe.  “Is that the Nintojo?”

 

 

Sesshoumaru nodded.  “I’m sure you know the history of it,” Sesshoumaru said dully.

 

 

Blackbeard couldn’t hide his smile.  He reached out to touch it, but Sesshoumaru snatched it away.  “I need to have your word that Rin will be released, unharmed, without the demons being alerted, before I even consider you touching it, much less keeping it.”

 

 

Blackbeard glared at Sesshoumaru, raising his hand and snapping his fingers.  A few moments later, they heard footsteps from behind his desk and a secret door was opened, a man gruffly handling Rin.  She was wearing her normal white and orange checkered kimono, but she had bruising on her wrists and dried blood along her mouth.  Her eye was swollen shut from likely being roughly handled, and when she looked up and saw Sesshoumaru, she smiled.

 

 

“Lord Sesshoumaru!” she said gleefully, before being slapped hard on the face by the man who was bringing her into the room.

 

 

“You will not speak unless spoken to!” the man yelled.  Blackbeard held up his hand.

 

 

“Where are your manners?  She is our guest.  Do not handle her roughly again.”

 

 

Sesshoumaru’s face remained unchanged, but Inuyasha saw that his claws were elongated at the sight of his lover. 

 

 

“Release her,” Sesshoumaru stated, his voice deepened from his anger.  Blackbeard smiled.

 

 

“Ah, I see now.  Give me the staff and I’ll release her.”

 

 

“I want your word that you won’t tell the other demons she’s been released.”

 

 

“You have my word,” Blackbeard said, leaning back in his chair.  He folded his hands on his stomach and gave them a dark smile, taking the staff from Sesshoumaru’s hands.  He snapped his fingers and Rin was thrown to the floor.  Sesshoumaru helped her up and she stood behind him, grasping his arm tightly. 

 

 

“You see, you don’t have to worry about me calling them, because I already called them the moment you walked into my establishment.  They already know that you’ve found this girl.  No need to break my word.”

 

 

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru exchanged worried looks.  The three of them ran out of the office to see the night club fill with demons of every kind.  Towards the entrance was Kagura, wearing a navy blue kimono and holding up a fan.

 

 

 “I see you found the girl, but you’ll never find the one Naraku fancies,” Kagura sneered, raising her fan above her head.  She waved her fan, sending slices of air at the trio.  Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha blocked Rin, taking the full brunt of the attack.  While they weren’t out for the count, both demons were badly injured.  Sesshoumaru lifted his claws, glowing green with poison and he lunged forward at incredible speed, thrusting his hand into Kagura’s chest, releasing poison into her heart.

 

 

She screamed, dropping her fan, and Inuyasha used his blades of blood, showering the room with demonic energy, killing most of the demons in the club.  The patrons who were vising the bar were hiding under tables, flabbergasted at what was happening, unsure of what to do. 

 

 

Sesshoumaru ripped out Kagura’s heart, squeezing the still beating flesh in his claws as she collapsed in front of him.  He dropped the heart and turned to look at Rin and Inuyasha.

 

 

“Rin, are you alright?” Sesshoumaru asked, a hint of concern in his icy voice.

 

 

She smiled and nodded.  “Yes, I’m fine.  We need to find Kagome.”

 

 

The three walked out of the bar to an empty street, running quickly to Taisho’s Dog den as fast as they could so they could formulate the next part of their plan.

 

 

-*-*-

 

 

Kagome lay on the couch next to Naraku, her mind in a haze, her body covered in bite marks.  Naraku in his own high, his hands on Kagome.  He was to go back to Japan the next day, and he had enjoyed his time in New York.  The times he had left Kagome, he had been working with other diplomats on improving demon-human relations, but the fact of the matter is he couldn’t care less about how they interacted.  He wanted demons to rule the world, fuck the rest of them.

 

 

However, humans were crafty with drugs, and this girl in particular was a sweet morsel.  While he enjoyed tasting the flesh of humans, many demons would indulge their sexual fantasies, something that Naraku found disgusting.  There was only one human ever that he felt sexual desires for, back when he was a human, and while this girl looked and smelled like his beloved Kikyo, she was a sloppy imitation.

 

 

By the end of the second day, they had remained mostly uninterrupted, but Kagura had been missing for a full day.  He thought he felt her presence ebb into nothingness, which means he’s down a henchman, but she was inconsequential.  Kanna, Kagura’s younger sister, guarded the hotel room where the Higurashi girl was being kept.  When Naraku was gone, her parents put her in chains and continued to drug her to ensure her full cooperation.  He wouldn’t mind a little fight, he thought to himself.  A little fight always made it that much more fun.

 

 

After his last meeting, Naraku returned to his hotel room, loosening his tie from his long inky locks of hair.  Kagome was laying on the bed, unconscious from the drugs.  Not quite overdosing, but definitely too high to realize what was happening.  He heard a knock at the door, and he turned his attention to that.

 

 

“You may come in,” he said dully.  Mrs. Higurashi stepped into the room. 

 

 

“Your liege,” she said, giving a low bow.  “I must say that this is your last evening with Kagome, please refrain from putting more bite marks on her, or at least, put them where they’re not noticeable.  There are several demons who which to try her and we can’t be having our goods completely marked up---,” Mrs. Higurashi said politely, only to be cut off by Naraku. 

 

 

“She’s not going back to you, she’s coming with me to Japan.”

 

 

Mrs. Higurashi’s eyebrows raised in question.  “We never agreed to that.  You paid for two days with her---“

 

 

“Yes, and I changed my mind.  Kanna will compensate you an appropriate price for the girl and she will no longer be your burden.”

 

 

Mrs. Higurashi looked at her daughter with concern.  “Will you kill her?”

 

 

Naraku shrugged.  “Eventually, but she’s a great plaything now.  What is it to you?  You already sold her multiple times, I’m putting an end to selling her.  She’s my property now and you would be best to leave before I decide to take you as well.”

 

 

Mrs. Higurashi bowed lowly again, noticing the rent tint to Naraku’s eyes with his thinly veiled threat.  She left the room, and Naraku went to the bed, touching Kagome’s face.

 

 

“Yes, you’ll do nicely for quite some time.  Fret not, my dear Kagome.”

 

 

Mrs. Higurashi stood outside the door, unsure of what to do.  Kanna appeared before Mrs. Higurashi a moment later with a briefcase filled with cash.

 

 

“Five hundred thousand should be enough for the girl,” Kanna stated, handing Mrs. Higurashi the briefcase.  “You won’t interfere again.”

 

 

Mrs. Higurashi took the briefcase, her hands shaking. 

 

 

What have I done?

 

-*-*-

 

Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru and Rin were in the basement of the Dog Den, looking at a map of New York. 

 

 

“I thought I heard he was staying at the Hilton in Manhattan,” Inuyasha grumbled, looking for hotels near time square. 

 

 

“No, that’s too obvious a location,” Sesshoumaru grumbled.  Rin sat on the table, her eye no longer swollen and her bruises a deep green and blue color from the healing. 

 

 

 

“I’m telling you, he’s going back to Japan in the morning, we should do a sting operation at the airport and detain him.  He may want to bring Kagome back to Japan---“

 

 

“He wouldn’t risk something like that,” Inuyasha spat.  “Illegally bringing a girl back.  She’s supposedly going back to San Francisco with her family.  We have to find her tonight.”

 

 

“But what if they offered a lot and her parents outright sold her?  It’s not unheard of Inuyasha,” Rin reasoned with Inuyasha.  “I can almost guarantee you that he’s taking her to Japan.”

 

 

At that moment, they heard a knock at the door of the club basement.  Both demons looked at each other with curiosity.  Who would be coming there this time of night?

 

 

Rin opened the door to be face to face with the little half-demon boy from the Thunder Brother’s Fights and Lights.  His blonde hair was disheveled and his clothes looked like rags hanging on his lanky body.  His pale pink eyes looked tired, and the little boy looked more worried than before.

 

 

“I know where the girl is,” he whispered.  “I don’t want to work for them anymore.”

 

 

They led him inside and he sat on a chair, his feet dangling a few inches off the floor.  Rin brought him a sandwich and some juice, and after devouring the food, the little boy began to cry.

 

 

“I didn’t know they were going to torture her,” he sobbed, covering his face with his arm. 

 

 

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru exchanged looks.  “How do you know who we’re looking for?”

 

 

 

The little boy sniffled, wiping his tears away with his sleeve.  “I can read minds.  I saw what they did to the nice human girl.”

 

 

Inuyasha kneeled in front of the boy, placing his hands on the boys shoulders.  “You need to tell us where she’s at.  We want to help her.”

 

 

The little boy began to cry again.  “He’s taking her to Japan tonight.  On a private jet leaving from the big airport.  The one named after a president…”

 

 

“JFK airport,” Rin provided, her face looking worried.

 

 

“He wasn’t supposed to leave until tomorrow,” Sesshoumaru reasoned.  The little boy was shaking now.

 

 

“Since he’s taking the nice human with him, he wants to get out of New York before anyone finds out.” 

 

 

Inuyasha made himself eye level with the demon boy.  “I need you to tell me what time they’re leaving, it’s already really late.”

 

 

The boy sniffled, looking at Inuyasha.  “They’re leaving at dawn.  Right as the sun rises.  Naraku will only leave when the sun rises.”

 

 

Inuyasha looked at his phone, he only had four hours before they left to Japan. 

 

 

“Sesshoumaru, call the airport and lock it down so no planes can leave.  Ground every plane and shut it down.  Rin, I need you to start calling every available demon and paranormal being to surround the airport when he arrives.”

 

 

Inuyasha started dialing every police department in New York.  He was shutting it down, this trafficking ring was ending.

 

 

He was bringing Kagome home.

 

-*-*-

 

Kagome was wearing a black dress and had make up on to cover up the bite marks on her neck and arms, as well as cover up to cover the black eye she had forming.  The dress had been forced upon her by Naraku, insisting that she look her best when walking through JFK airport.  If he was going to have a human on his arm, she should look presentable in case there were news cameras.  The arrangement that her family had made with him was naturally on the down-low.  Her mother had offered Naraku her passport so that she could go through customs without any issue.  Kagome was told that if she fought, Inuyasha would be cut from ear to ear, left in an alley to die.  Naraku showed Kagome a picture of Inuyasha in a police cell, covered in blood, causing helplessness to overcome her.  She had screamed, trying to fight her way away from Naraku, but he had beaten her senseless until she had submitted. 

 

 

She was partially sedated at this moment, at Naraku’s insistence, to ensure that she would comply with the demands he had imposed.  He told her that if she fought him anymore, not only would Inuyasha die, but he’d feed her to the demons in Japan, where demons are far less regulated and murders are never investigated.  She shuddered at the thought.

 

 

Naraku kept his hand firmly on Kagome’s thigh in the black limousine, the city lights passing them by.  It was an hour until dawn, and he was ready to go back to his home country.  Kagome hadn’t been to Japan since she was 12, and while she had always wanted to go back to Japan, she didn’t want to go back in chains.  A silent tear slipped from her eye as she saw the familiar sights of the city she loved pass her by.  She silently bade Inuyasha goodbye, for she knew that he wouldn’t be able to save her this time.  She had accepted her fate.

 

 

She didn’t want to fight anymore.  Her body craved the drug he pumped her with, causing nausea and chills that were unbearable.  She knew that once the plane was in the air, Naraku was going to inject her with the drug and feast on her until they landed in Japan.  She wondered how long she was going to live, a month, a year?  She let another tear fall.  She thought she was ready to die, but being so close to death and being enslaved made her realize just how much she truly valued her life.  She valued her freedom, she valued her friends, and most importantly…

 

 

Inuyasha.

 

 

A quiet sob escaped her mouth and Naraku squeezed her thigh painfully where a bite-mark had been hidden.

 

 

“I will have none of that,” he mumbled.  “You will cease to feel your human emotions around me.  I refuse to share space with a weepy girl.”

 

 

“Yes, Naraku,” she mumbled, biting her lip painfully to hide her true emotions.  She detested him with every fiber of her being.  She wanted to punch him out and run into Inuyasha’s arms.  She wanted to be coddled and held and told that everything was going to be all right..

 

 

Inuyasha, I’m sorry I couldn’t be stronger, she thought to herself, watching the city lights pass by. 

 

 

They pulled into the airport, stepping out of the limousine to check in.  They were on a private jet so they went to the terminal where private jets take off and as soon as Naraku dropped off his luggage, he kept his hand firmly on Kagome’s upper arm, keeping her close so she wouldn’t escape.

 

 

Suddenly, the lights went out and the airport was shrouded in darkness.  Naraku was taken by surprise, loosening his grip on Kagome, when she tried to run.  Her mind was groggy from the sedatives and her body was weak from her blood being drained and pumped with drugs.  She ran, as hard as her legs would carry her, away from Naraku.  She knew she wasn’t moving as fast as she normally would.  Her legs felt like dead weights and she was breathless immediately.  Panic gripped her heart as she felt a whoosh of air behind her.  She felt the tears spring from her eyes.  Inuyasha would want her to fight.  She didn’t know if she could fight, but she could at least try to run to get away.

 

He caught up to her quickly enough with his demon speed, but as soon as he grabbed her, his face made contact with a hardened fist.  The lights came on, and Inuyasha stood before Naraku, his fist in Naraku’s mouth, holding a gun with the other.

 

 

Kagome continued to run, not realizing Inuyasha had come to her rescue.  She saw the entire area was surrounded by demons and police officers alike.  The DEA, FBI, and SWAT teams were all lined up with their scopes on Naraku.

 

 

Kagome saw the guns and once it registered in her delayed mind, she stopped, staring ahead, unsure of what to do.  She turned around and saw that Inuyasha had his back to Kagome, both of his hands holding a gun.  Naraku looked around, a dark smile on his face.

 

 

 

“I see that Kagura was unable to subdue you,” Naraku said, sounding almost amused. Suddenly his suit ripped and demons of all kinds began to crawl out of his back, engorging his size.  Inuyasha jumped back, grabbing Kagome around her waist and jumped out of the line of fire.  As soon as they safely landed behind the SWAT team, all agencies opened fire on Naraku. 

 

 

Naraku cried out in pain, the blood and flesh of demons splattering on the windows and walls.  Kagome watched in horror, unable to process what was happening.  Inuyasha could smell the drugs in her system, causing his blood to boil. 

 

 

“Kagome, are you all right?” he whispered in her ear.  She turned and looked at him through drug-hazed eyes, barely able to recognize him.

 

 

“Oh Inuyasha,” she cried, burying her face in his chest.  “I thought I was…” She couldn’t bring herself to say it.  She was so overcome with emotion, wondering if this was a dream.

 

 

“I would never let anything happen to you,” he whispered, kissing her hair.  “Kagome, I need you to stay here, we need to finish this.  Don’t go anywhere, okay?”

 

 

She clenched his shirt in her hands.  “No!  You can’t leave me again!” she cried, squeezing him tighter to her.

 

 

He pushed her away lightly.  “I’m not leaving, I’ll be right back, I promise.”

 

 

He jumped away, his shirt tearing from her grip, and pulled out a large sword with fur on the hilt.  Kagome didn’t know where the sword came from, but he swiped it in Naraku’s direction, letting out yellow light, destroying Naraku.

 

 

All fell silent, and Kagome felt her world fade into blackness as her head hit the floor.

 

 

 

A/N:  Oooo!  The finale is next!  Thank you all who have stayed on to read this series over the years ^__^