InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined to be with You ❯ Getting to know each other ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I love you all. I figured out a pairing but I'm not saying just yet… I still want you to choose because I might change if there is a huge difference in the contest or something…

For those who want to read Nar/Kag look up the author Kidioairaku… I think that's how it's spelled. She writes really good.

Dang it I found grammar mistakes… I'll try to have less of that…

Oh, the things in italics are thoughts.

Oh if you people know any good Kagome/Kurama tell me because I wanna read…I already read some and I like!

Chapter two: Getting to know each other

Destined To Be with You

Arriving at the restaurant, Inuyasha found his family and sat down. It wasn't normal for them to go out and eat. They always had someone cook for them.

"Ah, Inuyasha, you're here now." His father greeted. His father was sometimes a scary man, and that he didn't like one bit. It wasn't that he was afraid he was going to get hurt, but he cared for his mother.

"Why are we here?" Inuyasha asked his father." It's not everyday you take us out together."

" I have something to tell you all and I think the whole family should be together to hear this." His father was actually smiling which scared Inuyasha.

"I know that the two of you can't stand to be alone together," He started saying to both Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru," Your mother and I decided to… go out and live like we used to."

Relived that they weren't going to go and get a divorce, he was also shocked that he would be left with Sesshoumaru. Why would his mother do that? She knew he hated Sesshoumaru and that he hated him. They ordered and ate leaving the conversation of what was going to happen untouched because his father had quite a temper. They ate and went home together. To Inuyasha, it seemed that Sesshoumaru knew something about him. It also looked looked as if Sesshoumaru was going to use it against him. Everyone was tired when they arrived home. Like always, it was quiet and everyone left each other alone to do their own things.

Inuyasha's mother and Father left for bed early so they could leave in the morning, Sesshoumaru, well he didn't care what he did and Inuyasha was preparing for bed.

Like every morning, Inuyasha got up did the daily things and was off to his new school where he would see Kagome. He smiled thinking about the date because she seemed like someone he could love. Love…he stopped and suddenly remembered … he and Kikyou were back together…

"INUYASHA!"

Inuyasha turned to see his dear friend Miroku was running to catch up to him. "Oh, Miroku. I didn't see you coming." Inuyasha joked when Miroku finally caught up.

"It does not matter today. I am looking forward to my date with Sango tonight. Well, do you still want to have a chance with Kagome-chan?" He became quick friends with everyone and got himself a girlfriend. It was just his lucky day yesterday.

It was unusual for them to arrive at school early but today they weren't alone. Kagome and Sango had arrived early too. They were waiting on the steps of the school, waiting for the school to open.

"Sango-chan! Kagome-chan! Ohayo gozaimasu!" Miroku called out to them. They turned around and greeted him back.

"Ohayo gozaimasu Miroku-kun, Inuyasha-kun…"

Inuyasha replied back saying, "Ohayo…Why are you here so early?"

"Oh, Sango and I thought that we were going to be late because her home is a little to far from here. I think we ran almost the whole way to school." laughed Kagome. She and Sango also got lost because Sango still wasn't sure of the directions. It's not stupid. Tokyo is HUGE!

"Let's go to the garden. I bet we can talk and see if tonight will be any good." suggested Sango. She walked with Miroku and Kagome with Inuyasha. They didn't mind it at all. The school garden was one of Sango and Kagome's favorite places at school.

"Really? You're a monk? You really don't seem the type." Sango commented as she got to know Miroku. She told him her family was known for exterminating and other things like making and handling weapons. The last one scared Miroku a bit, but that didn't stop him from his date.

"Yes, it's true. I've been one since the day I was born. It runs in the family." He really liked Sango more than the other girls he met but he chose not to tell her. Not yet…

As for Inuyasha, he was listening to Kagome and she was really interesting, not boring like Kikyou. She told him that her family lives in a shrine that has been there since the feudal era but changed over the years.

"I'm sorry. I was to into telling you about me. I think you should have a chance and talk now." Kagome realized that Inuyasha was staring at her while she spoke and she hadn't let Inuyasha have a chance to speak.

Kikyou never let him have a say in anything. They always did everything she wanted in their relationship and Inuyasha never really had a problem with it until Kikyou dumped him for Naraku.

Naraku… I have always hated him. He was my father's son's rival and he could get anything he wanted. Those were things I have or wanted. He loves to make my life a nightmare or make me wish I could die. He did that when he took Kikyou from me.

"Hmm, well I don't know what to say…" Inuyasha was embarrassed because she shared a lot of things about her and here he is not knowing what to say.

"That's ok. Why don't you tell me about your family or things you like to do? Or even what you like to eat." she laughed when suggesting him ideas.

"Well, I have a brother which I hate, a father that can get scary, and a mother I love dearly. I never did much so I don't know what I like. I do have an interest in katana though. I even know how to fight with one, so I guess that's what I like to do. And I love to eat ramen!" Inuyasha realizing he said something strange, and was waiting for a comment about him needing a better idea for a favorite food. All he heard was a laugh.

"Really? Me too! Even though it's simple to make, all that matters is that we can eat it!" Kagome commented. She also loved ramen noodles. (a/n I LOVE noodles! There're so yummy! Crud, now I'm hungry…)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They talked until the school opened and they headed in. They all left to go to their classes, but Sango and Kagome had the same classes. Miroku and Inuyasha seemed to have their classes together. (a/n in Japan the students stay in the same class everyday, but only the teachers switch, so the students have the same classmates until next semester. That's what I learned but I'm not sure it's like that now.)

"So, how do you like Kagome-chan?" asked Miroku. He was wondering because he wasn't complaining about her being boring or someone not his taste.

" I like her. She is very pretty and she isn't mean and she doesn't criticizes me or anyone else. The only problem is…well,"

" Well, come on say it. It's not like you went back to that horrible-impossible-to-be a-person-with-a-heart Kikyou?"

"Thanks Miroku. You made things so much easier. I did go back to Kikyou. I don't know what happened. Last night she called and I picked up. She said that we were back together and that she loved me."

"Well, what did you say? You told her no, right? You did right? Please don't ell me you said yes or something."

"Humph. I said yes and it was my choice not yours. I even told her that I loved her too. I don't see what's the problem."

Sighing, he couldn't believe that his friend was being stupid he reminded Inuyasha that if he was with Kikyou, then he had no chance of going out with Kagome. Kikyou liked to keep things to herself and only her.

"I know that. I'm going to ask Kikyou though. I'll tell her you pulled me into it and I that owed you a favor, ok?" They stopped fighting about Inuyasha being stupid and entered class.

Kagome and Sango talked about Miroku and Inuyasha on the way to class until someone behind Kagome tapped her on the shoulder asking, "Excuse me, but do you know where this classroom is?" pointing down at his schedule.

He had long wavy black hair tied up and he had scarlet eyes that could scare a child. But right now he looked kind because he was smiling.

"Arigato, um what was your name? I don't think that we've introduced ourselves. My name is Naraku Hitomi. It's been a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh, my name is Kagome Higurashi, and my friend is Sango Takamura." Kagome introduced themselves to Naraku and she told him the directions and they parted ways. Kagome thought to herself about Naraku. He wasn't ugly but he was very handsome. (a/n I would describe more but can't think.)

During the morning the teacher introduced a new student and her name was Kikyou (a/n I hate her so she won't get a last name laffs evilly…) Other people in the class had said that Kikyou gave a strong resemblance to Kagome. The problem was that Kikyou was mean and Kagome was nice. They learned this the hard way when they tried to befriend her. She only thought of herself and didn't think of others.

When Kagome left with Sango to go home they saw Inuyasha walk with Kikyou. "What's he doing with her?" asked Sango knowing that Kagome had started to like Inuyasha.

"Kikyou, do you mind if I go on a date with someone else tonight? It's suppose to be a favor for Miroku. He needed someone to go with a friend of the girl that he's going out with." Inuyasha asked, desperately hoping for a yes. She was staring at him with eyes that could scare the hair off an animal that could kill.

"And why would you do that Inuyasha dear?" she asked with a sharp voice, "You know that we are a couple, are we not?!"

"Yes, I know we are, but this was before and I don't want to upset him, so please just this once, ok?"

She didn't want Inuyasha to be unhappy so she willingly agreed to let Inuyasha go, but she made him promise that he wouldn't go out with another girl after that date. Inuyasha walked Kikyou home knowing that Miroku was watching him in disappointment. I should've never been so stupid as to get back with Kikyou… She left me for Naraku! Wait.. What happened between those two? Kikyou wouldn't come back to me if she were with Naraku…

"Kikyou, what happened to Naraku?"

"What do you mean? Do you mean why I'm not with him? Well, I broke up with him to be with you." she answered giving a little smile. Inuyasha didn't say or ask anything else. He knew that Kikyou wouldn't let him talk with out her saying so. It's rude to always speak. Especially in public. So, Inuyasha don't ever speak unless you are given permission to do so. I only do this to help our relationship.

You only cared about how we looked as a couple didn't you Kikyou? You never knew that I loved you… Will you ever stop and listen to what I have to say? Before it's too late?

Miroku was alone. He didn't have anybody to walk with, and that's when he decided to walk with Sango and Kagome. He ran after them and he eventually caught up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miroku and Inuyasha were to pick up Kagome and Sango up from Kagome's house. Miroku had a pair of khaki pants and a dark black sweater that was over a white shirt. The collar of the shirt stuck out from around the v-neck of his sweater and Miroku also had an extra jacket on too. Inuyasha had black pants and to go with that he wore a long white sleeved polo shirt. When they arrived, they introduced themselves to Kagome's mother and they also met Kagome's brother, Sota and her grandfather.

They were shocked to see Kagome and Sango. They have only seen them in their sailor suit uniforms and nothing else. Sango wore her hair down and she wore a lightish purple blouse matching her white skirt that was knee high. She could still run and fight in it without tripping or showing off any parts. She also carried a cute pouch that was also a mini backpack. As for Kagome, she had on light blue dress that was about one or two inches below her knees. Over her dress, she wore a cotton sweater. Her hair was half way up. Her hair was held up with a silver and blue clip that was in the shape of a sakura blossom. They looked beautiful and they weren't overdressed for wherever they were going.

They were at the bottom of the steps that lay in front of Kagome's home. "So, where are we going?" asked Sango. She stood next to Miroku and then she slapped him, lightly, hoping it wouldn't leave a mark. Kagome stood with Inuyasha and waited for Miroku to answer.

'It depends on what you ladies would like to do."

"Hmm, well, I'd like to go somewhere fun…" Sango said

"Yeah, not like a fancy restaurant but somewhere where we can laugh and talk out loud and nobody will stare at you like you're crazy." was Kagome's suggestion.

It was agreed that their first date would be at an arcade. They all entered in the arcade and of course as gentlemen, they were dooped into getting quarter for everyone.

They played air hockey first.

"Ha! I bet you again Miroku-kun!" Sango cheered as she got her seventh goal. Miroku hadn't known Sango was so strong and that she also had a good eye to watch over things. Kagome and Sango cheered while Inuyasha and Miroku fought over the fact that Sango was definitely strong and that she could beat Inuyasha. Instead Inuyasha and Kagome faced each other. Score after score Inuyasha and Kagome tied. The game got pretty boring so they let Miroku and Sango play for the last score. Sango got it in less than a minute.

"I can't believe that a girl beat you Miroku! You are a guy so act like one!"

" You speak those words Inuyasha but I did not see you win against Kagome-chan now have I?

"Let's go and dance!" yelled Sango and Kagome. They were already at a Dance Dance Revolution machine.

"This'll be fun! It's not hard to play. If you'd like Sango and I will go first, ok?" Kagome smiled once again showing off her happiness.

After sticking in the coins Sango chose the song…

Sango and Miroku danced to "Dive"

sekai o tomete... Dive

Stop the World....Dive

Inuyasha and Miroku watched in amazement seeing how much Sango and Kagome were in unison. They were really beautiful and now Miroku and Inuyasha believed that Kagome and Sango could do anything.

kakushi kirenai afureru kono omoi

mou himitsu ni ha dekinai hitomi sorasenai

Every city is overflowing with these feelings

A secret can't be kept by unwavering eyes

When he watched Kagome move and step with the beats, she did it flawlessly. She was perfect in his eyes. She was everything he had wanted in a girl. It was too late though. He had Kikyou. The opposite of Kagome…

dakishimeru omoi no Tension anata e to Reflect

suhada o terasu Passion mo sono mama Evolution

Embracing this feeling of tension..you reflect

Naked, shining passion just as we are...evolution

Seeing her dance and smile made him happy. Miroku had always wanted to make the person he loved happy and he had found the one he wished to make eternally happy.

Sango. She was not like any other girl. She knew how to control him and she didn't ask for much. Now all he wanted was her love. Love at first sight? Yes. It was love at first site for Miroku…

sekai o tomete mou watashi ga tomaranai

kono yoru ni tobikonde yuku Dive to the night

stop the world again I won't stop

This night is jumping....Dive to the night

Both men were in deep thoughts thinking about the girl they wished to care for. It wasn't hard for Sango and Kagome to see that they were in deep thought. It made them laugh and that was what snapped them back into reality.

jikan o tomete dakedo ai ha tomaranai

kono umi ni tobikonde yuku takaku anata ni ima

Keep on lovin'. Can't stop my heart mou watashi ga tomaranai

kono ai ni tobikonde yuku Dive to the night

Time stops but love won't stop

This jumping ocean is now fighting with you

Keep on Lovin..Can't stop my heart, I won't stop

This love is jumping...Dive to the night.

Then, Sango danced with Miroku. Since Miroku was new at this Sango had picked out the song. It was one of her favorites, "If You Were Here With Me"

*The train's gone and I am standing alone.

I think of you; I wonder if you think of me too.

I'm back to the town that I was born in

To think of my life and to start it over with you.

She looks happy. Kagome thought looking at Sango dancing with Miroku. That's good. Hmm, I wonder if Inuyasha is alright. He looks like he's in space or something. I think I'll ask him if he's alright… Kagome walked closer to Inuyasha.

**Cause you know we've been in a maze of love

and we are losing control to get away.

Here I am walking on a hill in this town.

I gave my childhood that seems like yesterday

Feh. That monk just got lucky he found someone. What am LI saying? I have Kikyou! Inuyasha looked up to see Kagome right next to him. "Yeah?" he was wondering why she was looking at him.

"Are you okay Inu-kun?" she had a worried voice when asking.

"Uh… Yeah, I guess so. Why?"

"You look upset."

"Oh, I was just thinking." he smiled so she wouldn't worry anymore. I was thinking about you, Kagome…

"Um, you don't have to tell me but what's your relationship with Kikyou? I was asking because after school today I saw you with her… She is one of my new classmates and that's how I know her."

"She's my…," Inuyasha felt it wasn't right to tell Kagome, but lying to her would be even worse," She's my girlfriend. She said I could go on this date because it was a favor for Miroku."

"She seems very nice! I bet that you are really happy with her." Kagome didn't want to tell him all the bad things she heard of Kikyou so she lied telling him that Kikyou was kind and it made her feel awful.

"Yeah" was all he had to say. They stood next to each other watching their friends have a great time.

***If you were here with me

you could feel the way I do now.

If you were here with me

you could see what I am looking for now.

Repeat***

Repeat *

Repeat**

Repeat***

(a/n: actually I don't remember how the song goes, but it should be like that.)

When they were done Sango stepped down and turned to face Inuyasha. "It's your turn now."

It took a while to get Inuyasha on the game but they did it. Miroku was playing the girl and Inuyasha the guy. Inuyasha and Miroku stood there still clueless and asked for help. Sango and Kagome helped by choosing their song. The beginning started for.. "Mr. Wonderful"…

"What the..?! I'm not dancing to this!"

"Inuyasha! Just do it! Our points are going down!" Miroku pulled Inuyasha back in and forced him to dance. Sango and Kagome were impressed to see how well they could handle such a song.

*Hey Mr. Wonderful,

Oh you're so incredible

Hey Mr. Wonderful,

Wonderful to me

Hey Mr. Wonderful,

Oh you're irresistible

Hey Mr. Wonderful,

A miracle to me

"It's a shame we don't have cameras for this. This is funny!" Kagome said.

"Whatever do you mean?" asked Sango in a fake clueless way while pulling out a camera in the bag she held.

Hold me

I wanna feel your arms around me

Ooh na na, ooh na na

Kiss me

Cause only you can make me happy

Ooh na na na

They took pictures and cheered for their dates. They knew that Sango was taking photos but they couldn't stop her. They had to dance.

Ooh na na heya heya

Oh! Mr. Wonderful

Ooh na na heya heya

Are you for real

Oh na na heya heya

It's not impossible

Oh na na heya heya

Oha aha ah

Repeat*

Repeat*

Ooh na na heya heya

Ooh na na, ooh na na

A miracle to me

Ooh na na heya heya

Ooh na na na

A miracle to me

Ooh na na heya heya

Ooh na na Ooh na na

A miracle to me

Ooh na na heya heya

Ooh na na na

A miracle to me

"Finally. It's over." Miroku said jumping off the machine.

"Yeah for you it is… I have one more song…"

"Aww, Inuyasha do you want to stop?" asked Kagome with a cute face he couldn't reject.

"Of course not! I am suppose to be your date and that means do as you wish." Inuyasha was only joking and they all new that. He really wanted to be close with Kagome though.

"I'll pick the song. Don't worry it'll be a short one too. Her selection was "Butterfly"

Ay, iyaiyai,

Ay, iyaiyai

A-a-a iyaiyai,

Where's my samurai

Ay, ay, ay,

I'm your little butterfly

Green, black and blue,

Make the colours in the sky

Ay, ay, ay, I'm your little butterfly

Green, black and blue,

Make the colours in the sky

Where's my samurai

Where's my samurai

I've been searching for a man

All across Japan

Just to find, to find my samurai

Someone who is strong

But still a little shy

Yes I need, I need my samurai

Ay, ay, ay,

I'm your little butterfly

Green, black and blue,

Make the colours in the sky

Ay, ay, ay, I'm your little butterfly

Green, black and blue,

Make the colours in the sky

Where's my samurai

Where's my samurai

I've been searching in the woods

And high upon the hills

Just to find, to find my samurai

Someone who won't regret

To keep me in his net

Yes I need, I need my samurai

Ay, ay, ay,

I'm your little butterfly

Green, black and blue,

Make the colours in the sky

Ay, ay, ay, I'm your little butterfly

Green, black and blue,

Make the colours in the sky

Finally it was over. The guys tried one of those machines where you get stuffed animals. Miroku got Sango a fluffy lavender rabbit with a green ribbon around it's neck.

"I'll name her Koaru (little spring). She's so pretty! Thank you Miroku!" Sango hugged him which made him blush.

Inuyasha got Kagome a large (the size of person's face) sky blue teddy bear. The bear had long soft hair and was pieced together perfectly. It had two different ribbons tied around it's neck. A white frills and a jade green silk ribbon (@.@ all this from a claw catching machine? Oh well.) Kagome named it after Inuyasha, even if it was girly.

"All that dancing made me hungry… Let's get some ice cream! It's Inuyasha's who's going to pay!" said Miroku, running ahead. Sango ran after him and Kagome followed leaving Inuyasha behind.

"Come on Inuyasha! You don't want to be left behind do you?" Kagome ran back and held his hand when she caught up with Miroku and Sango.

They bought ice cream at a near by store. Sango had the mint chocolate chip,

Miroku bought a one scoop vanilla and one scoop chocolate. Inuyasha had chosen the cookie dough flavor with sprinkles and chocolate syrup. Kagome had pistachio.

When they finished eating they were going home. On their way home they took a stroll by the park…

A/N: Muhahaha I updated!!

I love the reviews. If you have any suggestions tell me and I'll try to add it in… I think I over did it a little… ^^;;; The songs are really from the game. Still tell me what pairing you want.

Me: Kousagi-chan thank you for your suggestions! Here (hands a present)

Kousagi: What is it?

*a meter away…

Animeternal: man I'm hungry…( pulls out a plate and a fork) Let's see what we can eat today…

Yumemi: here you go! (hands a basket full of poisonous muffins)

Animeternal: O.o thank you friend…

Yumemi: *snickers* Yeah.. Sure they are so good you could die.

me: I also wanna thank you Sinthala for being a friend and that you support my fanfic!Your the best online mommy ever!!!