InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destroyed ❯ Kagome Goes to Tokyo ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome Goes to Tokyo



In a little island in Japan called Fukuoka, a girl named Kagome is leading the singing of Japan's national anthem in an all girls' school, which her mother works in. Kagome with her long black hair up to her shoulders, twenty years old, and has lived it Fukuoka all her life. She was born there, raised up there, and knows everything about anything there. She was beautiful, with a great sense of humor, could make everyone smile, and had a great personality. She was smart, funny, giving, thankful, easy to talk to, nice, and determined to whatever she wanted to get. She had no flaws at all, except for one; she was blind. Yes, as hard as it is to believe, Kagome was blind she was born with this since birth, although she never let that get in her way of exploring the world. Just because Kagome could not look at the world, doesn't mean she couldn't see it. Sure she would never be able to picture it. But she could feel it, hear it, taste it, and smell it. In that way she knew her culture. She knew the dance, she knew the songs, she knew the food (sushi), and she knew the way her kimono was designed. What everybody found disappointing was that she couldn't see herself. How beautiful she looked, and how she had blossomed over the years.

Yes Kagome, with her back to the flag of Japan. As she lead the singing of their national anthem. A little girl in the crowd giggled, watching her sing with her back faced to the flag. Her mother, Mrs. Higurashi, who looked very much like Kagome, except for the eyes, caught on to what the girl was laughing about and went over to her daughter and turned her towards the flag. Kagome had such a beautiful voice and loved to sing in dance. Now that Kagome was twenty, her mother decided it was time for her to get married. Now Mrs. Higurashi wasn't the type of mother who would give her daughter an arranged marriage. Since she herself had a love marriage she decided her daughter should have one too. Also Kagome had never explored anything besides her island, Fukuoka. Mrs. Higurashi wanted her to explore, at least the capital of her country. Kagome, was excepted to perform a dance for independence day in Tokyo as well. Her mother thought this was the perfect time to explore Tokyo. And her friends would also be going to. Mrs. Higurashi was very happy her daughter would be leaving soon. Her father, not so much.

"Honey, you need to let her walk on her own someday. What's going to happen after we're gone? Who's going to look after her? All her friends will be married and too busy with their lives to worry about Kagome."
Mrs. Higurashi was trying to convince her husband to let Kagome go to the dance performance in Tokyo. "Her friends will be able to look after her. Come on, you have to let her go sometime" Mrs. Higurashi assured.
Mr. Higurashi sighed. A sigh of defeat! As Mrs. Higurashi noticed. "Kagome!" he called.
Kagome came stumbling in with her walking stick in hand. She felt around for the chair and took a seat.
"So you want to go to Tokyo for that dance performance?" he asked his daughter.
She nodded slowly.
"And are you going to stick with your friends?" he asked.
"And promise me you'll be back in a week?" he asked. "
Yes," she said quietly. There was a long pause.
"Then I guess you can go," he sighed.
"Thank you daddy!" she squealed as she gave him a hug and ran off to her room to call all her friends.

"So did your dad say yes?" asked Kagome's friend Sango.
"Yes! Thanks to my mom," Kagome replied.
"Well, you better start packing, our train leaves tomorrow at eight" Sango ordered.
Kagome hung up and sighed. Sometimes her friends forgot that it was hard to do things since she was blind.
There was a knock on her door. "Kagome?" Mrs. Higurashi called.
"Come in" she said.
"We should start packing," Mrs. Higurashi assured.
Kagome rolled her eyes. "How do you expect me to pack when I can't even see the suitcase?"
"Oh don't be silly, I'll pack for you," Mrs. Higurashi said.
"Yeah sure, just make sure its nothing ugly," Kagome replied.
Mrs. Higurashi ignored Kagome's last comment. She took out Kagome's suitcase and started packing. Occasionally mumbling about whether she should wear the blue or the green dress to the dance.
"Mom?" Kagome suddenly asked. She was lying on her bed thinking about what she would find in Tokyo.
"How'd you get dad to let me go?"
Mrs. Higurashi sighed, "Oh Kagome, what's going to happen when we get old and leave? You're going to be on your own and there will be no one there to help you. I convinced your dad that if you go to Tokyo, hopefully you'll find your prince and he'll whisk you away."
Kagome rolled her eyes, "Ma, you and your fairy tales. I'm not going to find a prince and he's not going to whisk me away to his castle. Who would fall in love with a blind girl anyway?"
"Don't say that. Once people see you they'll forget all about your blindness and concentrate only on your beauty and you personality."
Just then Souta walked in. "Its not fair!" he whined. "How come Kagome gets to go to Tokyo and I don't? She's blind! She can't see!"
"Souta, first of all, you won't even be dancing. Kagome's friends are going to have enough trouble taking care of her. And second of all, you've already gone to Tokyo with dad."
"But that was forever ago! I want to go again," Souta pouted.
Kagome got off her bed and gave her little sister a hug. "Don't worry," she said. "I'll get Sango to take pictures and I'll be sure to tell you about it once I get back."
"Yeah sure, whatever. Just as long as your prince doesn't whisk you away!" Souta teased.

"Okay, suitcase is ready and packed. Kags, go to sleep we've gotta wake up at 7:30 tomorrow" Mrs. Higurashi ordered.
Souta peered over the suitcase and suppressed an "ewwww...!"
"What?" Kagome demanded.
"The clothes in your suitcase are so... ugh!" Souta said in disgust.
"Oh stop worrying your sister, the clothes are fine" Mrs. Higurashi said. "Go, to sleep" she added.
* * *


"Kagome, come on! The trains gonna leave!" Sango screamed from the window of the train. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" Kagome shouted over the noise of people sending people off. Mr. and Mrs. Higurashi brought Kagome onto the plane. "Well, bye, Kagome," Mr. Higurashi's voice broke. He hurried off the train hoping no one would see him cry.
"You're father always leaves when he starts crying," Mrs. Higurashi said. "Aww, but I'm only going to be gone for a week," Kagome informed. "I know, it's just the first time you're going off on your own," Mrs. Higurashi said, her voice was sad. Kagome sighed, she was leaving her mom for the first time. She did not want to hear her sad. "Mom, if I find my prince... what do I say?" she asked. Her mom's voice changed to a delightful tone, "Recite one of those poems that you heard in class or on the internet" she whispered in her ear. Mrs. Higurashi was the only person who new Kagome liked poetry.
Phhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuup...
"I better go," Mrs. Higurashi said. She kissed Kagome on her forehead. "Sango, take care of her," she said. "I will," Sango promised. "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" Kagome yelled from her window. "Bye Kagome!" they yelled back in unison.
"They'll be fine," Sango assured. Kagome nodded, "I know, its just the first time." "They'll be okay." Sango repeated. Kagome rested her head on Sango's shoulder for the rest of the trip.