InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dial "H" for Hentai! ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~*A/N: So, for those of you who were unsatisfied with the ending, here is a little epilogue to further explain things. So, be happy now, k? K. The end, this time, I mean it. Enjoy!*~

DISCLAIMER: *clobbers Inu-Yasha* "Just admit it! You love her, you baka! Always running after that clay jar; she's DEAD! D-E-A-D, DEAD! Get it? Good." <---That's what I would do if it were mine, but since it's not, I'll just have to deal with his stupidity.

Epilogue
It was late night, and all except two occupants of Kaede's hut were asleep. "I wonder when Kagome will come back," Shippo said to Kaede, glaring at the hanyou sleeping in the corner.
"When she is ready, Shippo, she will return. She has never not come back, now has she?" Kaede quirked an eyebrow at the now growling kitsune.
"Well, no," Shippo replied, turning back towards the fire, pouting at it.
Kaede chuckled, "What troubles ye, Shippo? Why are ye not asleep?"
"Well," Shippo looked up at her, "I was wondering. Why did Kikyo do those terrible things to the village? I thought she used to be its miko, and now she terrorizes it? And what does she have against us?" He motioned to Sango, Miroku, and himself.
"Elementary, my dear Shippo," Kaede replied, smirking. "Since Kagome possesses most of Kikyo's soul, all that remains in her is the part that hates Inu-Yasha. Eventhough she now knows it wasn't he who betrayed her, she still harbors hatred and resentment toward him. She hates Kagome for being able to have what she never could." At this she noticed a confused look on Shippo's face. She sighed, and continued, "Kikyo once loved Inu-Yasha, and dreamt of making a life with his human form. Death robbed her of that dream, and she has observed Inu-Yasha and Kagome together. She is jealous of the bond they share. Understand now?"
Shippo nodded. "But what about Miroku, Sango, and I? And the villagers? And you?"
"Well, Shippo, she has never met Miroku, Sango, and yourself, other than in Inu-Yasha's company. I guess in a way, she is jealous of you all as well. The fact that ye travel with him, are his companions, his friends... a pleasure she was denied while alive. As for myself, although I am her sister, she cannot understand why I took the side of Inu-Yasha following her ressurrection. She has no real hatred for me, but I believe that she still feels slightly betrayed by my allegiance to the one she had thought was the cause of her death."
"But the villagers? She once protected them!" Shippo burst, unable to stay quiet any longer.
Kaede chuckled at his youthful exuberance. "Well, they were merely in the wrong place at the wrong time, I believe. Just like poor Hironobu-kun." Kaede's smiling face turned sad.
"I understand now, Kaede-sama," Shippo said, trying to distract her from her depressing thoughts.
Kaede smiled down at him, patting his head, "Then ye best get some sleep, for tomorrow Inu-Yasha will surely be trying to bring Kagome back."
"Wait! Did Inu-Yasha find Kikyo?" Shippo's eyes were wide with wonder.
"Hai, I believe so. He was rather... quiet and withdrawn when he returned. He was not angry or sullen, however. If he had not found her, he would be more upset, not comtemplative. I doubt she answered any of his questions however."
Inu-Yasha's ears had perked up at the mention of his name this time, and undetected by the two, he was listening in. 'No,' he thought, 'she didn't. She simply laughed and was carried away by her soul collectors. Why, Kikyo?' He then drifted back to sleep, lost in his wondering.
"Now, Shippo, get some sleep. An old lady like me does not need a young kit such as ye keeping her up all night with questions." Her words were reprimanding, but her expression soft.
Shippo shrugged, no further questions plaguing his mind. He curled up in the place that Kagome normally slept, and closed his eyes. Kaede settled down herself, lying on her side, her eye staring into the fire emptily. Shippo's eyes suddenly shot open, and he whispered loudly, "Kaede-sama, what does 'elementary' mean?"
Kaede chuckled, closing her eyes and falling to sleep.

~*A/N: Happy now? All questions should be answered. If they weren't, you weren't paying close enough attention. Now I can focus on my new fic... Sayonara, minna.*~