InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Diary ❯ Diary: ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Day 1
Dear diary. Today when I was walking with Lord Sesshomaru, something happened. It was only after several hours that I noticed that my Lord was wavering. When I asked him if he was ok, he looked at me strangely and Jaken said that there was nothing wrong with him. I wonder if they were just trying to cheer me up or if it was true?

Day 4
Dear diary. There is something wrong with me! Today we went to a small village and when I went to look at the shops, I realized that I couldn't see small details. It scared me, but I don't want Lord Sesshomaru to know that something was wrong.

Day 10
Dear diary. Yesterday night, both Lord Sesshomaru and Jaken noticed for the first time that something was wrong. It was nightime and we had set up camp. I couldn't see well and almost walked into the fire. When they asked what was wrong, I lied and said, "Nothing." Lord Sesshomaru knows I was lying. I'm sure of it.

Day 15
I'm so scared. Today when I was hungry, I couldn't even see well enough to pick some berries on the bushes around me. I don't want Lord Sesshomaru to know that I can't see well because he might abandon me!

Day 20.
Diary, I am going to have to stop writing in you now. I can't see well enough to write. We ran into Kagome-sama today and I could hardly see well enough to recognize her. I pretended to fall asleep so that they wouldn't notice. I was afraid my Lord would leave me with them, but he didn't. I'm so glad!

Day 25.
Diary, I'm having Jaken write this for me because I want anyone who reads this to know what happened. When Jaken realized I could hardly see, he helped me think back to what could have happened to make me lose my sight. We realized that it must have been an owl youkai that we fought almost a full moon ago. He attacked me and Jaken before Lord Sesshomaru appeared and killed him. He blew some sort of powder at us, so that must have been it. I wonder if i'll be blind permanently?

Day 30
Rin's diary. Written by Jaken.
My Lord has been extremely violent since Rin died two days ago. We encountered the mate of the owl youkai that caused Rin's blindness. She killed Rin before my Lord could get there. Tensaiga refused to revive Rin. We buried her under a sakura tree not far from the castle in the Western Lands. I am leaving this diary in the room Rin once inhabited. Those who inherit this area should have a history of the only ningen who lived with Lord Sesshomaru. Though we knew her for just two years, she will be fondly remembered.
Goodbye, Rin.

Lord Sesshomaru closed the old leather-bound book, a soft smile on his face and a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Sesshomaru? What are you doing in here?"

He turned and saw his mate, Sakura, so aptly named after the place where the one whose reincarnation she was, was buried.

"Reading Rin's diary. Did I ever tell you how she died?"

Sakura shook her head 'No.'

"Come on. I'll tell you about her. She is the only human who was never afraid of me. And thanks to her, I have you..."

They walked hand-in-hand down the halls of the Castle in the Western Lands. Outside, the sakura tree was in full blossom, a tribute to the girl who had softened Lord Sesshomaru's heart.


------____Disclaimer____------
I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters therein. They are owned by Rumiko Takahashi, a genius. Do not sue me: this is purely for entertainment purposes, ok?

A.N. So? How was it? R&R please!!! Oh, and this is my first Rin/Sessh pairing.

Ningen-human
Youkai-demon, ethereal being