InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Done to Death ❯ The Final Events ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

LAST CHAPTER!!! ENJOY!!! ^____^

Done to Death

Chapter 9: The Final Events

Blinking, Kagome asked the outlaw, "You're Prince Hojo?"

Nodding to her, Inuyasha noticed her skeptic look and asked, "What? Is it THAT hard to believe?" Giving one affirmative nod, Kagome turned to Sango and Miroku and asked, "Did you two knew of his heritage?" Nodding to the princess sheepishly, the Protector and priest watched as the girl turned to her parents and said, "I still don't want to get married." Sighing, the King said, "I'm sorry dear, but you can't back out of the engagement." Turning to Inuyasha, he said, "Your Mother and Father are here for the ceremony tomorrow. You may go see them." Bowing, Inuyasha left the dumbfounded Kagome with her parents. After a moment, Sango and Miroku also bowed to the royalty and headed after the `outlaw'. Waving goodbye to his sister, Sota ran after his soon-to-be brother-in-law, leaving the girl standing alone with two upset parents. Turning to face the storm that was soon coming head on, Kagome readied herself for the earful that she was going to get for running away with no warning a week ago.

[][][]

Several hours later, the princess's ears still rung from her parents angry voices. Sitting on one of the royal garden benches, she looked at the darkening sky and sighed. It had been bad enough being engaged to a man she didn't even know, but to a boy who couldn't stand her? It was going to be one hell of a marriage…

"Hey." Looking to where the voice had come from, Kagome saw the man who had been racing through her thoughts standing beside her. Cocking her head to one side, she said, "Hey."

"Mind if I sit here?" he asked, much politer than his usual, gruff self. Figuring that since she was gonna spend the rest of her life with this guy, and that she might as well TRY and be civil, Kagome scooted over on the bench, patting the empty space. Plopping down on the bench beside her, Inuyasha said, "Wench?"

Smiling at him, she replied, "Yeah, Jerk?"

"Don't run away… again."

Blinking at him, Kagome asked, "Come again?"

"Don't run away." Inuyasha repeated, this time looking her in the face, staring into her wide, confused eyes. The setting sun played off his dark hair and gave it burning embers for highlights, something that Kagome had never noticed before. Trying to read the mix of emotions playing across his face, Kagome asked, "What do you mean? I've only run away once…"

"Yeah, but I mean, don't leave me. Not when I've grown to need your smile, your laugh, basically everything about you."

Kagome opened her mouth to speak, yet no words came out. Closing it and trying again, she was confused when Inuyasha started chuckling at her. Mumbling a "What?", she crossed her arms and glared at him. Still smiling, Inuyasha said, "Sorry, it's just that you were the one who looked like a fish that time." Smiling along with him, Kagome leaned forward and planted a small, chaste kiss on his cheek. Before she had the chance to pull away from the him, Inuyasha captured her lips with his own in a breathtaking, fireworks-in-the-background kiss. Pulling away from each other, the two blushing teenagers sat there, as the blood-red sun setting over the horizon.

[][][]

A few weeks later, the married Inuyasha and Kagome were invited to the holy matrimony between Sango and Miroku. Kagome was given the role of `Maid of Honor', while Inuyasha was made Miroku's best man. While Kagome was helping the bride get ready, she overheard the Protector mumble to herself, "He better keep his hands to himself…" Braiding the older girl's long hair, the princess asked, "What about tonight?"

Blushing, Sango told her, "Just braid the hair." Laughing to herself, Kagome nodded and wove a dark indigo ribbon into the thick braid. Tying the end, she faced Sango and told her, "Are you REALLY ready to be married to the hentai?" Grinning, Sango shrugged and told her, "Well, no backing out now. My hair looks perfect. I can't let all that hard work go down the gutter!" Laughing, the two friends finished preparing and went to the wedding.

(((Epilogue)))

Ok, you may be wondering what happened to everyone. Well, Inuyasha and Kagome have been (happily?) married for a little over two years now, with two small children, one boy and one girl, with another child headed their way. Sango and Miroku are preparing to celebrate their two year anniversary in a month, and they already have one little girl, who is just under a year old. Inuyasha's bandit camp was recruited by Sesshomaru and are now part of a private defense squad for the Lord. Sango's family are still Protectors, and go to visit their daughter and son-in-law at least twice a year. Sango, however, no longer works as a Protector, as she lives in Inuyasha and Kagome's northern palace, as a permanent guest.

Got everything so far? Good.

Inuyasha and Kagome often leave their children with the grandparents and play hooky from their meetings and ceremonial duties in favor of running off and hiding in the woods and visiting neighboring villages in the kingdom. The villages and towns are always prepared for these sudden royal appearances, however, because they are able to hear the nobility's yells of "Bitch!" or "Jerk!" coming from miles away.

THE END

()()()

I… don't… believe it. I finished the fic. Me. Finishing a fic. That has to be an oxymoron. So, how did ya like the story? Hope that it was original, cuz that's what I was going for. And humorous. And all fluff-elicious at the end. That's also what I was going for. Oh, and I apologize for all the fluff that I put into this chapter. Until I reread it, I didn't realize how much I had thrown in there. So, if you don't like fluff, please forgive me. If you do, hope that you enjoyed it! (Was it just me, or did this chapter seem short. I think that it was short…)

Okay. I finished this fic, reread it and found that even I came up with some questions about the story line. So, I thought that I'd try and answer the ones that I was able to come up with, so as to clarify what I meant by some of the stuff that is in the fic. Here are the ones that I was able to come up with, followed by my beta's questions. If you should have any different questions, put them in your review, and I'll send you an e-mail with the answer, or the next best thing. After the clarification of stuff, there's, of course, the SHOUTOUTS.

INUYASHA'S WHOLE BANDIT IDENTITY THING: He ran away and became a bandit about two months prior to when the story started up. That's why Kagome never once met him. Don't think that his parents really cared. And, his first name IS Hojo, but he went down in the history books as King Inuyasha. (And, he and Sesshomaru ARE half-brothers, but Sesshomaru just didn't want to be king and left the role to help rule part of his father's western territory. Don't ask me why, because this story focuses on Inuyasha, and not Sesshomaru's thinking process…)

NARAKU: Just the overall bad guy. Yes, he died because of the fall, and No, I will not make any sort of sequel with him coming back.

WHY ISN'T KIKYO, SHIPPO, KOGA OR KAEDE IN THIS FIC?: Because I couldn't figure out a way to put them in so that it made sense. I thought of naming the kids of Inuyasha and Kagome either Kikyo, Shippo or Kaede, but decided against it. It would have just been too random. And I couldn't find a good place to make Koga appear, so he's just not in the story all together. (Though, you could think that the old lady from Chapter Three as Kaede, if you really wanted to…)

HOW LONG DOES THIS FIC'S TIMEFRAME LAST?: The traveling time, about a week. The traveling time with the epilogue: Just over two years.

SARAH'S QUESTIONS (WITH MY ANSWERS):

WHAT IF INUYASHA WAS A GROPER LIKE MIROKU? THEN WHAT WOULD THE Inuyasha SERIES BE LIKE?: It would be chaotic. Inuyasha and Miroku would be swapping groping secrets, and Kagome and Sango would be running for the high hills. Shippo would be corrupted even more, and the series would just die. That is why Inuyasha is not a groper. You can only have one serious hentai in a series/story, and Miroku is the hentai for the Inuyasha manga/anime.

WHY?: Because.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?: Watch `Monty Python and the Meaning of Life'. The answer might be in there somewhere if you look hard enough. if not, 42. (Brief Disclaimer: I lay no claim to anything Monty Python, nor Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

WHY WERE THERE NO SQUIRRELS? OR WERE THERE, AND I JUST FORGOT ABOUT THEM?: Uh… don't really remember.

Let's get moving on to the SHOUTOUTS.

Randomunit02: Thank you. I knew that my little muse was insane, but it just wouldn't believe me! (Muse: I am NOT insane!) (Kimiki: You're right. You're a loony.) (Muse: (pouts)) Anyway… thank you also for the longer review! I only saw the `lol' at first, and I was like, "What?!" then I saw that you had given me a longer review, and I was so happy! (smiles) yeah, and the whole head exploding thing… that would hurt, and I'm allergic to pain, so thank you uber-much for this longer review! (Muse: You do realize that `uber-much' makes no sense whatsoever…) (Kimiki: Shh! Maybe they won't notice!)

tien yun: Yeah, I know that a lot of people are probably going `WTF?!' at me, but… don't blame me! it was all my beta's idea! (points to said beta) Oh, hope that you are now out of your shocked state… that can't be a good state of mind to be in for an extended amount of time…

Shalaren: Yay! Thank you for the compliment! How did you like this chapter? (hint hint)

AngeloflLight: Ah, the great entertainment of making people angry by making cliffys… Hey! I don't have a feddish! Grr! I resemble that remark! (Muse: …Yes, yes she is blonde, whatever made you ask?) (Kimiki: Is that sarcasm that I detect?) (Muse: Me? being sarcastic? You must be crazy…) (Kimiki: (grins evilly) But not as much as you…) (Muse: I am not a loony!)

Alyssa: Ack! If you twiddled your thumbs for a whole week, then you're gonna need a cast! And if you need a cast, you'll need a sharpie! And if you have a sharpie, then you'll need people to write on your cast. And if you have people to write on your cast, you'll probably hurt your arm even more by always holding it out so people can sign it. And if you hurt your arm even more, you're gonna need a cast… (Kudo's to anyone who knows what I was just babbling about! Love those books!)

Oh My Blush: Your three reviews all together made me fall to the ground in laughter, rolling around and around, which wasn't very smart on my part, since I was listening to my portable CD player at the time… (hehe?) Okay, I cannot think of anything other than to grab little blirps from the three reviews and place them here. these are the ones that made my sides hurt uber-much! (Muse: Not a word I tell you! not a word!) (Kimiki: Shut up you!) (ps: I have no idea who my muse for anime is… just some random muse…) (Muse: I am not random!)

(JUST SAY NO TO THE DOUBLE PREPS!)

(to hetai kingdom come and back again... love that...^^ we can talk as we walk! go inu! you're a poet and you probably don't ever want to be!)

(you know, it would have been a lot more interesting if she had run away and then later found by inuyasha, and then you could have put in a lemon! and you would have made me a lot happier beta!! you realize this, right? ^^ i'm so hopeless...)

(would you like to buy a duck? a duck? a what? a duck... how much? five dollars...)

(him asking for a brain... if i only had a brain... like the wizard of oz... oz... he he he... pun sorta intended, if you like...)

(since when does inuyasha have lightening-fast speed? he's a human thingy... and, why should inuyasha need to know how to fight, other than like... fencing... since yeah... well, i mean... sure... that'd give it away... oh well... not gonna do it...)

(not gonna do it...)

(you realize this is taking all of my willpower, right?!?!?!?!?)

(okay, i just started freaking out. i just realized that this chapter is the one where we tell all. and it pisses me off that i forgot that it was in the chapter ... since i the beta and everything... and yeah... i just ranted to steph about this, and she just kinda yeah... rolled her eyes and laughed... so yeah... pity pat from her. so now i'm really peeved...)

(ALL THAT WILL POWER! FOR NOTHING!)

(i quit.)

(sarah

thing

pillage a village

us

the beta who quit.)

(i'm just kidding, alright?)

beta: Irony? That would have been an interesting name… Glad that you liked the fic, seeing as how you're my beta… would have sucked if you hated it… and, yes, it is nice and short, just the way that some should be. Don't really think that I could have made this into a twenty chapter long story, without fleshing out every single sentence in the fic. And, knowing me, that would have meant that I would have never finished this story! So, it's a good thing that I made it nine chapters, cuz this way, I already have it done, typed, betaed and (now) posted! I'm happy with the Sango and Miroku interaction, seeing as how I mostly focused on Kagome and Inuyasha. Didn't know if I did it all that well, but you liked it, so I guess that it was okay…