InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dragoons of the Sacred Jewel ❯ Power of Light ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not won Inuyasha or Legend of Dragoon. The only things that I own are the plot line for this story and any original characters.

Dragoons of the Sacred Jewel

Chapter Three: Power of Light

Kagome looked own and let out a piercing scream that rang throughout the clearing, some how her hand had been turned silver! Then the practical part of her mind woke up and she blinked. Wait, silver? But I can feel my hand, it's like I'm wearing a glove or something, but it feels almost like metal. Kagome looked at her hand again and studied it more carefully this time., the silver was more of a silver glove or gauntlet that stopped at her elbow, with designs that ran up and down over the metal, she noticed that her other arm also now had a gauntlet as well. She looked down and noted with surprise that metal plates had formed over hers skirt, making it more armor then fabric now. The silver armor covered the rest of her from her waist up, it stopped over her shoulders and formed shoulder guards. The shoulder guards and several other parts of the armor had delicate designs that looked green almost. On a hunch she looked down at her feet and saw that silver armor covered her shoes and had went all the way up to her knees. She had been carrying her bow when she jumped and now it was covered with the same sort of silver as her armor, it even had green designs running up and down it! The bow had also grown thicker and looked much more deadly then it had before. She could also feel something resting on her forehead, probably a headband of some sort. Okay, so I'm not dead, I just happened to be hovering in mid-air dressed in a suit of armor I haven't even seen before….. She blinked as she realized something That's right, I'm flying, or at least hovering. How can I fly in armor? With a sinking suspicion she glanced behind her and jumped, an action that only caused her to go higher in the air, because a pair of wings now sprouted from the back of the chest plate, silver edged and with ribs made of with silver but the spaces in-between the ribs were filled with some kind of substance that seemed to be shimmer with the colors of the rainbow.

"Wha…what happened to me?" Kagome managed to stammer out at last.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried out when the demon lunged at her. After the flash went off he was blinded for a couple seconds. Those seconds were an eternity to the him, he wanted to know if the had demon had actually gotten Kagome. He was surprised at the pain that thinking of her dying brought, but then his eyes sight cleared and he looked over to were Kagome had been standing. The sight of the demon crouched there seemed to confirm his worst fear and he gripped the Tetsugia tight to stem the pain and growled as he prepared to strike the demon in vengeance….but then noticed that the sent of Kagome's blood wasn't there and her own sweet scent was higher up. He looked up to where her scent was coming from and stared.

"K…Kagome?" He manage to stammer out. The girl looked up at him and everyone else then blushed and looked down. He saw her eyes go wide and she let out a piercing scream that hurt his ears. Still it let him know that she was alright, now he just stared at her trying make sense of what had just happened. The armor it self was giving off a scent similar to the pearl that Kagome was carrying but mixed in with that was a scent that was making him uncomfortable. It was familiar but in a bad sense, as if he had had a bad experience with it in the past. Is it the scent of the demon that had it in the first place? He wondered No, its different then that. And it's definitely not Naraku's scent, I would have recognize it. Dammit! I know I've smelled it before, but where!?

"Lord Inuyasha!" A voice said. Inuyasha looked over to find Myoga sitting on his shoulder.

"My Lord, did not I tell you that the gems contained great power." The flea said looking pleased with himself.

"Don't let it go to you head." Inuyasha blinked and then looked at the flea. "What are you doing in here anyway? You usually split the moment things get rough."

"You have very little fate in me my lord." The flea grumbled but then noticed that Inuyasha was no longer paying attention to him. Instead Inuyasha was staring at the demon. Apparently it had gotten confused when it didn't find blood on it's claws and was now searching the ground were Kagome had used to be.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

M eanwhile while Kagome was inspecting her new armor Sango was looking up at her friend with a mixture of awe and wonder. She had no idea what had happened to Kagome but she was thankful for what ever had happened because it had gotten her out of danger just in time. The demon's strike had hit the exact same area Kagome had been standing in moments before and the demon it self was now looking around, it's small brain unable to realize what had happened to its' target.

"That's armor, flying armor." She muttered to Miroku. The monk was standing next to her but all she got was a mumbled um-hum in reply. Curious she glanced over at saw Miroku looking up with a dreamy on his face. Sango followed his gaze to try and see what had so attracted his attention then stopped and glared at him. Kagome was wearing armor but she was also wearing the same short skirt that she always did and that meant that Miroku had an unobstructed view when ever a flab of her wings would cause the skirt to bob up a little higher then normal.

"Pervert!" Sango hissed as ground her heel into his foot. He winced in pain and then tore his gaze away and looked at her.

"Ouch! Sorry did you say something Sango?" He asked as he rubbed his foot.

"Yes!" She snapped as she glared at him. "I said: Quit looking up Kagome's skirt you perverted monk!"

"Is that what you think I was doing?" He said innocently. "I was simply examining the armor that she is wearing."

"Yeah right." Sango muttered under her breath before she glanced up once again. "But that armor is flying. Even with wings a almost full set of armor should be too heavy to fly."

"But this armor appears to have come from the gem Kagome was carrying. It gave off the same light as the pearl did when Kagome first touched it. And the armor it self is of a style I haven't seen before, have you Sango?"

"No I haven't. I haven't heard of anything like it before either."

"Neither have I," Miroku said as he looked back up at Kagome "neither have I"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In uyasha readied Tetsugia and let a smirk twist in his lips. The demons back was the perfected target for the cutting wind. Suddenly the demon, apparently having given up on finding Kagome, turned and lurched toward Miroku and Sango, it's talons missing them by mere inches as they dived out of the way.

"Dammit!" Inuyasha cursed as he started toward them. With the demon after Sango and Miroku he couldn't use the wind scar with out risking injury to his friends. At least Kagome is safe. He thought as he ran toward the battle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Up in the air Kagome watched helplessly as her friends dodged the demon's blows. Sango couldn't use the Hiraikotsu because it was laying at least thirty feet away were the demon's blow had set it. Miroku couldn't use his wind tunnel because some of Naraku's insects were still hovering about the clearing. Could I fly over and get the Hiraikotsu and get it to Sango. No there's no time, oh what good is flying if you can't DO anything!? She thought wildly as she tried to figure out a way to help her friends. The sight of Inuyasha racing into battle relived her a little bit. Inuyasha will take care of the demon, then we can try and figure out what happened to me.

Inuyasha charged in on the demons wounded side as started to strike, but at the last second the demon reversed the strike and instead of hitting Miroku with it's talons it back handed Inuyasha across the clearing.

Kagome hovered up in the air chewing her lip anxiously as she watched her friends fight. I have to do something…. She glanced down and remembered she still held her bow. That's right! Maybe if I hit it with one of my arrows it will be distracted long enough for the others to kill. I should be safe, I can't reach up here. At least I hope it can't. She reached back to her quiver but all she found was the base of her wings. She felt frantically around for a couple seconds before she realized that her quiver wasn't on her back. Where did it go!? She thought as she glanced around frantically. She couldn't see the quiver on the ground, nor was she carrying it anymore. What in the hell happened to it? I mean arrows don't just disappear! In a reflex action she dropped her fingers to her bow string and began to run her fingers along it. I wish there was something I could do…. What? She stopped and stared at her transformed bow. For a second as she had her hand over the string she had felt a small tingle in her hand, almost like her when her hand would fall asleep. Slowly she ran her fingers over the string again until she felt the tingle and then stopped and looked. A faint line of soft line of yellow light now ran from her finger to the center of the bow, it was positioned exactly she would lay an arrow, if she had one that is. I wonder She thought and drew back the bow as if preparing to fire, almost immediately the light seemed to solidify and took the shape of an arrow…. made of light. An arrow of light? She thought as she looked at it. Well I guess I've seen stranger things, and besides I have to do something.

"Hey you!" She yelled down at the demon as she drew back her bow as far as she was able. The demon swung it's head around and looked at her.

"Eat this!" And Kagome released the bow. The arrow hit right on target, the demon bellowed in pain, and an explosion rocked the clearing. A light, almost as bright as when Kagome transformed, filled the clearing and everyone threw up their arms to shield their eyes. The light faded in time for everyone to see the skeleton of the demon collapse into a pile of bones upon the ground. Kagome stared at it for a moment before she fully realized what had happened.

"I…..killed it?" She said stunned "I actually killed it?" Guess that show Inuyasha who's weak! She muttered under her breath. Suddenly light began to seep from the breaks in her armor, Kagome paused in and looked down trying to figure out what was happening now. The light grew brighter then flashed and rushed back into a pearl, taking the armor with it and leaving her in normal clothes falling through the air! She started to scream but stopped abruptly as she landed in Inuyasha's arms. The half-demon landed on the ground gently and set her down.

"Are you alright Kagome?" He asked her.

He's actually worried about me? Kagome thought as her heart skipped a beat. "I'm fine Inuyasha." She said quietly.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, it didn't actually hit me at all."

"Kagome!" Sango called as she ran up, the Hiraikotsu slung over her shoulder once again. Her friend looked as if she wanted to say something to Kagome but was stopped by Miroku's call.

"The Jewel Shard!" He yelled and pointed over toward where it had fallen. One of Naraku's insects had swooped down and grabbed it.

"Dammit! We can't let him have that back!" Inuyasha yelled as he jumped up and slashed at it. His attack struck home and the insect fell in several pieces to the ground. Several other insects made a grab at the jewel but a whirling Hiraikotsu struck before they could and the shard feel to the ground. Sango grabbed the shard before any of the other insects could pick it up, they hung in the air over Sango's head buzzing angrily. However before Sango could throw the Hiraikotsu once more Inuyasha shredded most of the Insects, the last few flew off into the sky.

"Go tell Naraku that!" Inuyasha said as he shook his fist at the retreating insects. Miroku sighed and brought the handle of his staff down hard on Inuyasha's head.

"OW! What in the hell was that for!?" The enraged half-demon asked as he glared at the monk.

"You were acting childish over a small victory Inuyasha." Miroku answered

"So? We stole a jewel shard from Naraku! That's one less that he can use against us." Inuyasha shot back annoyed.

"But he still has many more that he can use against us." Miroku pointed out.

"Well we still have one." Inuyasha muttered under his breath.

"Once that's partially purified." Sango said as she walked over holding the shard.

"Even thought it was being used for one of Naraku's evil purposes it still hasn't totally been twisted for evil purposes."

"Actually, I'm not totally surprised, the massive power that was required to purify a demon this large," Miroku said as he glanced over to were the bones were laying "could have easily purified at least part of the jewel shard."

"But I didn't even do anything to it! I just hit it with an arrow…." Kagome said.

"Your arrows have always been able to purify demons, maybe the armor just enhanced them." Miroku said

"Speaking of armor…. Do you still have the pearl Kagome?" Sango asked her friend.

"Yeah, right here." Kagome replied as she reached toward the pouch that held the gems. Suddenly she stopped and then grabbed something and pulled out wide-eyed. It was the pearl, but now it was suspended on a chain made from silvery metal like that of Kagome's armor.

"What?" Sango leaned over for a closer look at the chain.

"When did you get that?" She asked

"Just now." Kagome replied.

"So that pearl does more then just create armor." Miroku said as he looked at it.

"I wonder if the gem that Inuyasha found has similar powers?"

"I don't know. But my gem isn't glowing any more." Kagome said as she looked at the pearl frowning.

"What?" Everyone leaned over and looked at it. The glow was gone from the pear and only a faint light seemed to come from it.

"Was the power all used up that one time?" Sango asked.

"Maybe." Miroku said as he looked at it. "At any rate we should get going if we want to get back to the village before dark."

"Wait! I forgot about Shippo, he was standing right next to me when the demon attacked." Kagome said as she looked around frantically.

"Don't worry about him, he's up there." Inuyasha said as he jerked a thumb over to the tree that Kagome had been standing under when the demon attacked. Kagome immediately ran over to it and peered up underneath it's branches.

"Shippo?" She called up anxiously.

"I'm right here Kagome." Shippo said as he appeared crawled out on to a branch over Kagome's head. The small fox-demon jumped down and Kagome caught him in her arms.

"I saw the whole thing Kagome, you were great!"

"Thanks Shippo." She said and smiled at him.

"If your done, can we go?" Inuyasha said in impatiently.

"Fine. Come on Shippo, lets go." Kagome said and then ran to catch up to her friends.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few minuets after the group had left, a bright red ball flew into the pile of bone and exploded leaving a crater behind.

"Dammit!" A voice rang out as a figure jumped from a tree only few feet away from the one Shippo had been hiding in. He landed lightly one his feet and then began to walk toward the crater, kicking at the bones that had been thrown around by his blast.

The figure wore brown boots, and brown pants with a dark green shirt. Slightly long silver hair was brushed back from his unnatural red eyes.

"Dammit!" He cursed again and kicked a piece of bone as hard as he could sending it flying across the clearing.

When the report had come in that someone had found the Dragoon Spirit of Light the King had been alarmed and had immediately ordered Meru to go out and see if the rumors were true. Typically Meru had been unwilling to do anything that might but her in harms way and had order him, a low ranking scout, to do the dirty work for her.

The wingly kicked once more at the ground then spread of his wings of light and took flight. Fifty feet in the air he stopped and began a soft chant, a few seconds after he completed it a soft green light surrounded him, and when it cleared he was no longer in the clearing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~

"Are you sure about this?" The King asked him worriedly.

"Absolutely sure Your Majesty." The wingly said bowing. "I saw her transform."

"So the human girl has successfully begun to control the dragoon spirit?"

"I'm afraid so sire, but from the reactions of her and her companions, I can assume that they don't know what they carry."

"Has the other dragoon spirit awakened yet?" The king asked.

"No your majesty. In fact the half-breed Inuyasha refuses to carry the spirit with him, he leaves it in the care of the Silver Dragoon."

"That is at least a small piece of good news." The King sighed as he leaned backwards. "But we still must deal with the girl."

"If we were to send a few soldiers we should be able to capture her and take the Spirits without too much trouble." The wingly said as he stood up.

"I really wouldn't advise that." A female voice purred. A wingly walked up in a collection of blue silks that while meant to me modest, kept "accidentally" snagging or swirling around to show off various aspect of her body.

"You see according to information I have gathered this Inuyasha is a formidable foe even with out the power of his Spirit, and he doesn't seem to take kindly to threats against his friends. You plan might work Lloyd but you would probably lose a few soldiers, and we can't afford that with our numbers so low."

"So what would you do then?" Lloyd shoot back at her.

"I would wait. My information shows that Inuyasha has a foe named Naraku that is currently after his life. If we wait they might just kill each other off and we can come in and get the Spirits after they are both dead."

"And what if Inuyasha manages to kill Naraku? Or what if Naraku kills him? Then we have a new stronger, person in possession of the Spirits! We should deal with this problem now!"

"What do you think sire?" Meru purred as she walked over and laid a hand on the King's arm. "Should we attack now foolishly waste the lives of people that we cannot spare or wait and see if we can get the Spirits with minimal fuss?"

"You are right, we should wait." The King said as Meru flashed a smile at him. "I understand you concern Lloyd but we cannot waste lives on some fools errand." As the King turned his head to speak to a someone who had appeared on his other side Meru stuck her tongue out at Lloyd. The wingly shook with fury as he stared back at her triumphant eyes. He knew that if he had done some thing so childish to her the King would have berated him in front of the whole court, but he didn't say anything to Meru, he always let her get away with such ridiculous behavior. Unable to stand it any longer Lloyd turned on his heel and stalked toward the open door. Fine, wait. Wait and let the girl Kagome understand the full potential of what she carries. Let Inuyasha wake his Spirit, let the other Dragoons begin to join with them. They will just destroy us like they tried to do before.

Dimly from behind him Lloyd hear the King shout at him to come back but he ignored him. He wasn't going to stay just so Meru could humiliate him even more. With a last heated look back at the succumbus standing by the throne, he slammed the door shut and stalked off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Plantress: Finally it's up! I wanted to post this yesterday but I ran into writers block. I want to thank everyone who bothered to review this, it really means a lot and helps me keep writing. Anyway theres a couple of things before I go:

1.As some people might have noticed I took some liberties with the Dragoon attacks. I'm trying to keep in with attacks that correspond with the abilities of the character that is using that Spirit so I probably won't use any of the original attacks from the game in this fic.

2. Just in case someone hasn't noticed: The Lloyd and Meru that I mentioned in the story are not, I repeat are not the characters from the game. They are Original characters but I happened to like the names Lloyd and Meru so I named them after them that's all.

Well that's it now R & R so I update faster. Please and Thank you.

Next time: Chapter Four: The Two Evils