InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dragoons of the Sacred Jewel ❯ Thunder Strike ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha or Legend of Dragoon in any way, shape, or form. However any original characters belong to me and you may not use them without permission.   Dragoons of the Sacred Jewel Chapter Six: Thunder Strike  

Meru flew after the wolf demons as fast as she was able, the Earth Spirit she had found clutched in her fist. Few of the winglies knew why they had not been troubled by anyone wielding the dragon spirits, and fewer still wished to know. Still there were those whose job it was to know these things, and one of those was Meru herself. Although as of yet no wingly had been able to discover exactly what made a dragoon spirit accept a person everyone scholar and philosopher that had been able to examine the few in their keeping universally agreed that it has something to with strength, something to do with heart and apparently something to do with being human because not one wingly had been chosen as a dragoon. Although Meru wasn’t sure exactly what heart had to with this spirit, she was fairly certain that this one had to do with strength. They other scouts had been keeping track of the hanyou and his friends ever since Lloyd had first reported the awakening of the Dragoon of Light. Each time the group had found another spirit, it had been inside a powerful demon. She hadn’t told anyone of her suspicion yet Meru was starting to believe that the demons were guardians of sorts. A way perhaps for the spirits to find someone able to wield them because the monsters would not be willing to part with their prizes so easily. Whoever took the spirit would have to strong enough to slay the creature that carried the spirit…or at least that was what Meru thought. Even the two spirits that the winglies possessed had been plucked from the carcass of demons that had either meet with an accident or been slain by another demon.

That was one reason why she wanted to bring the spirit to Koga. If he was just another demon then the spirit wouldn’t be of use to him and he would probably get rid of it. The leader of wolf demon tribe did not seem the type to keep a hold of a useless object. On the other hand if the wolf demon was the Dragoon of Earth…well the enemy of the enemy was my friend as the saying went. And even if he did join up with them there wasn’t going to be any evidence that she was involved. As for the other reason….. There had been too many coincidences for her piece of mind lately. She did not like the new dragoons coming out and the king doing nothing to try and stop them. Perhaps with more dragoons and an even greater threat he would be forced to take action.

With that plan firmly in mind Meru looked up and frowned. She was positive that she would be able to catch up with the two underlings, but Koga was still ahead of her and he showed no signs of stopping. Meru growled to herself then closed her eyes and started the spell chant. The wingly knew that she was doing several dangerous things at once; casting a spell, flying with out looking ahead and teleporting to a location she wasn’t even sure about, but at that moment she did not care. The winglies needed to act if they were to get the drop on their ancient enemies. With a flash of green light she reappeared in the air just ahead of the speeding Koga. Acting on a split second decision she threw the Earth Spirit at the on rushing wolf demon.

"Koga!" She shrieked and dove in to the trees and out of sight. When the wingly was certain that she was out of view of the wolf, she turned and looked back toward the demon. What saw made her smile. Not only had the wolf demon caught the spirit like she had expected him to but it was glowing softly, the sign that he had been chosen by the Dragoon Spirit of Earth. "So it’s not only humans." She muttered to her self, pleased.

"What the…" Koga growled and stared at the spirit confused. That was when Meru realized the flaw in her plan. The wolf demon had no idea what he was holding. If he didn’t know what the spirit was then he might just get rid of it, or worse think it was dangerous and try to destroy it. She wasn’t sure if the wolf demon would be able to (after all even the winglies had been able to get rid of their spirits) but it wasn’t something she wasn’t to chance. Even if she risked revealing herself, she had to say something.

"Do you like the spirit, Koga?" She called out nervously. The wolf demon froze the whipped around frantically.

"Who’s there?" He yelled. "Show yourself!" Meru decided to stay hidden.

"What you have in your possession is the Dragoon Spirit of the Earth." The wingly continued "An ancient artifact that grants the power of the earth to whomever it chooses as its wielder."

"Where are you?" The wolf demon yelled out again. "and who in the hell are you?"

"That’s really not important." She said calmly. "All you need to know is that you have the key to great power in your hands."

"Okay whoever you are." Koga growled. "If this thing is some powerful why give it to me? Why don’t you use it yourself?" Now Meru could hear mistrust in his voice as well as anger.

"I can’t use it Koga it choose you! And I didn’t give it to you; you earned it when you slew the demon that was its guardian. I just thought you would appreciate a prize for your efforts."

"Look, if this is a prize, then why are you hiding?!" He demanded. "Too afraid to show your face?"

"If you really don’t trust me then go seek out the half-breed Inuyasha. He has one of the spirit and so does the human woman who travels with him." With those last few words Meru took off and started toward her home.

"WHAT!? What does the that dog-turd half to do with this!? And what human woman do you mean? Are you talking about Kagome? ANSWER MEEE!" The wingly ignored the wolf demons enraged shouts and allowed herself to giggle a little. Now all she had to do was go and report back to the king. She would tell him that another dragoon had surfaced and was heading toward the others. Then maybe, just maybe, he would allow her to hunt down the threat to their race. Meru flew off, a new plan already forming in her mind.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

 

 

Overhead thunder growled and Kagome glanced up nervously. The day after the battle with the darkness snake had started normal enough. They had managed to convince the people of the village that was by the forest that they had in fact killed the snake and the grateful people supplied them with food and gave them a place to sleep. They had left in the morning after exchanging the usually pleasantries. Unfortunately the storm clouds had rolled in around noon when they were too far from the village to reach if the storm decided to rain and there was no other town in sight. Now that the lighting had starting the young woman was beginning to wonder if they would be able to find shelter before the storm hit full force.

"We should look for some place to get out of this storm!" Kagome was extremely grateful to Sango and flashed a grin at her friend.

"Do you see any around here?" Inuyasha snapped back. It wasn’t that he disagreed with her, he knew they should find somewhere to ride out the storm, but he was in a bad mood at the moment.

"She’s right Inuyasha. We should look for some where before it starts to rain." Miroku called over his shoulder.

"Fine! Do whatever you want!" Inuyasha snorted. "Don’t blame me if you can’t find anywhere to…..HEY!" The half demon ran to catch up with his companions who had vanished into the forest. "Wait for me!"

As the group wandered deeper into the forest, Inuyasha hung back some. When he was sure no one was looking he pulled out the damned ruby of his and gazed at it. After the thing with the snake it had started to glow again but he hadn’t mentioned it to anyone yet. Truthfully, he was still uneasy about the power the gem gave him. At least with the Tetsugia he had control of the sword and it’s powers. He didn’t like feeling helpless and that was how he felt about these damn gems! The reacted without anyone telling them too and seemed not to care what happened to their owners after they were done with them. They had no idea what kind of powers they had or even were the had come from. Inuyasha had too much experience with things that seemed to be beneficial and good only to have them turn on him at the last moment. Look at the Jewel of Four Souls. It gave who ever had it a lot of power too, but look at all the evil it had caused. Who’s to say that the gems they were carrying weren’t going to do the same thing?

"Inuyasha?" The hanyou yelped and dropped the jewel.

"What? I wasn’t doin’ anything!"

"No one said you were…." Sango said and gave him a strange look. "We found a cave and we’re waiting for you." Inuyasha froze then grumbled and stalked toward the shelter muttering under his breath and trying ignore the blush that had spread across his cheeks.

"Are you alright?" Kagome asked when they walked into the cave. Miroku looked up from where he was tending the fire and watched as the young priestess walked over to the hanyou. "Your bright red. Are you coming down with something?" She reached up toward his forehead.

"I’m fine!" Inuyasha shouted as he slapped her hand away. "I don’t sick like you do!"

"Well excuse me for worrying about you!" Kagome exclamation caught the dog demon by surprise. "Since you don’t seem to worry about what happens to you!"

"I don’t need some stupid girl worrying about me." He snapped. "I can take care of myself !"

"Fine then! Take care of yourself!" Kagome yelled at him just as the clouds broke and rain started to fall in sheets. She turned on her heel and stalked over to her backpack. The young woman started to pull things out of it with vicious anger.

"I will!" The half demon shouted back at her, then stalked over to the other side of the cave and sat down, glaring at Kagome. Shippo looked back and forth between them.

"This isn’t going to be a good night, is it?" He asked Kirara. The cat demon just mewed in reply.

 

Later after Kagome had made ramen for everyone, Inuyasha left his post and walked over to where everyone else was sitting. He reached for a cup of ramen and ….

"Inuyasha, Sit Boy!" The half-breed quickly found himself tasting dirt instead of food.

"Wha…? What did you do that for!" He hopped to his feet and glared at the girl. She calmly picked up the bowl he had been about to eat.

"Why do you need my food if you’re so good at taking care of yourself?" Kagome asked calmly.

"What? I don’t believe this! You’re just going to let me starve?" Inuyasha demanded. The hanyou stomach growled, as if trying to punctuate his speech. Kagome choose to ignore him. "Hey! Are you listening to me! Stupid woman…."

"Sit Boy!"

"Ack! Ow…." Shippo looked over to were Inuyasha was laying.

"Why don’t you just apologize?" The little fox demon asked.

"Apologize for what?" The half-demon demanded. "I didn’t to anything to that stupid…." A crack of lighting cut the half demon off and caused everyone in the cave to look up startled. The lighting hadn’t was too close. And it hadn’t come from outside, but from deeper in the cave itself. As silently as possible everyone shifted toward their weapons.

"Do any of you sense anything?" Sango asked quietly.

"A little….but it’s a little like the sacred jewel. Like when we fought the snake demon and the other demons…." Kagome said quietly. Inuyasha sniffed the air and growled.

"It’s a demon alright." He growled. "But I didn’t smell anything earlier."

"This cave is probably linked to others caves underground." Miroku said as softly as he could as he stood up. "The demon might live down there and has been attacked by the noise we were making." He toward the entrance.

"Hey monk, where are you going? Don’t tell me your running away?" Inuyasha asked.

"We can’t stay here Inuyasha. If that demon comes up in here then we won’t have enough room for us to fight."

"You’re right." Sango followed him out. Kagome nodded and started to gather her things.

"Hey!" Inuyasha sputtered several protests then subsided. He knew Miroku was right but he would be damned if he was gonna admit it to that stupid monk! Suddenly Inuyasha felt more than saw or heard something behind him. He acted without thinking, running toward the young woman who had come to mean so much to him. "Kagome look out!" He screamed, pulling her down just a purple tinged lighting bolt hit the wall right were she had been standing a few moments before. "are you alright?"

"Yeah." She nodded answering.

"Bastard." Inuyasha growled and turned as the demon burst into the cave. All Inuyasha could see was several reptilian heads that roar and crackled. With a shriek one of opened it’s mouth shot one another lighting bolt at them. Inuyasha cursed and leapt backwards, escaping the lighting bolt only to emerge into the downpour outside.

"Inuyasha!" Miroku yelled over the storm as he ran over to them. "What’s going on?"

"Get out of here idiot!" Inuyasha managed to shout back right before the demon burst out of the cave shrieking. Both the monk and the half demon barely managed to get out of the way as two of the creatures six heads snapped at them.

"Hirakotus!" Sango shout echoed above their downpour and Kagome cheered as the bone boomerang took off one of the demon’s heads. But her triumphant shout died in her throat when two more heads sprouted from the severed stump. "Wha!?" The demon slayer stammered as each of the new heads screamed with rage and shot a lighting bolt at her. Kirara managed to pull Sango into the air before the blasts could catch her and the demon slayer caught her return weapon as he balanced to the fire cats back. "What is that thing?" She yelled.

Kagome, who had been staring at the monster, suddenly realized why it seemed so familiar. A few months ago she had read a book on Greek mythology. In the book had been a story about the tasks that Hercules had had to perform. One of the tasks had been to slay a creature who could regenerate it’s heads…. "It’s a Hydra!" She yelled. "It will grow a two new heads for everyone we cut off!"

"How do you know?" Inuyasha demanded.

"I read it in a book."

"Feh. Whatever." He said irritably and set Kagome down. The young woman shrieked as soon as her feet were firmly on the ground.

"What now?" The hanyou demanded tensely, while the hydra continued to shoot lighting at Kirara, trying to bring the fire cat and her rider to the ground.

"The ground is soaking wet!" Kagome replied. During their hurry to find shelter she hadn’t noticed that the area right outside the cave was lower than the entrance to the cave itself. The heavy rains had caused a small lake to form in the lower laying area. Inuyasha looked like over at her.

"And just what do you want me to do about it?" He growled. Suddenly he heard a scream behind him. It was enough warning for him to grab Kagome and leap out of the way as several of the heads decided it would be easier to attack the two targets on the ground. One of the hydra’s heads, seeing its’ prey escaping, fired a blast a little off too the side of the pair. "Ha, you missed!"

On the other side of the clearing, Sango was still circling, trying to find a way to get a clear shot at the hydra’s body without cutting on the heads and creating a greater menace. Miroku had managed so far to avoid any lightning attacks and had been using his staff to foil most of the direct attacks. As the monk slammed on the heads with his staff, stunning it temporarily, he realized that he hadn’t seen Shippo since the battle had begun. Fearing the worst he chanced a glance around and was relived to see the tiny Kitsune peering out of the cave. The hydra had been so focused on Kagome and Inuyasha that it had rushed right by him. Unfortunately with the monster itself now blocking their access to the cave, no one could get near enough to get him out. Suddenly the monster stopped attacking. All the heads came together for half a second or so almost as if the were communicating. Then just a suddenly they pulled a part.

"What’s it doing now?" Inuyasha asked as he set Kagome down. Miroku ran over to join them as Sango and Kirara landed.

"It’s planning." The monk said grimly. Across from them each of the seven heads began to charge up their electric blasts for a large attack. The only problem was each of those huge blasts was aimed downward.

"What in the hell is it trying to hit?" The hanyou voiced another question as the watched the hydra. Kagome shifted, her shoes were wet and getting to be very uncomfortable. Then the priestess froze as she realized something. Wet, lake, electricity. This isn’t good! Miroku seemed to have reached the same conclusion she had.

"Everyone, off the ground now!’ He yelled as he joined Sango on Kirara’s back. Kagome felt Inuyasha grab her and jump backwards in to a tree at he edge of the clearing, just as the hydra’s lighting breath hit the water, spreading through it and electrocuting any living thing that was unfortunate enough to still be on the ground, but seeming to not harm the hydra itself.

"It’s trying to make sure we can’t attack it from the ground." The monk called down at them, but Inuyasha barely heard him. As the electricity started to fade from the water, two more of the hydra’s heads started to shot bolts into the water, keeping anyone from getting near it. Meanwhile the five other heads started to attack once again, shooting lighting, and snapping at Kirara anytime she flew to close. One of the heads was shooting lighting almost nonstop and Inuyasha was forced to leap from tree to tree to avoid the being fired.

"Are you alright?" He asked the young woman in his arms.

"I’m fine." Kagome answered. Suddenly her eyes widened. "Look out!" She shrieked as several lighting bolts headed for them at once. The hydra, apparently bored with it’s little game, had decided to try and get ride of at least one of the nuisances. Inuyasha leapt to another tree, but had barely had time to land before another barrage of lighting bolts was already heading toward them. He reacted with out getting his bearings, leaping straight out as the tree exploded behind them. The half-demon looked down and stiffened when he realized that he had leapt toward the swamp that was still crackling with electricity. He stared at it in horror as they drew closer. Kagome buried her head in his chest, and it response the hanyou tightened his arms around her involuntarily. I might be able to get out survive that, but Kagome won’t, she’ll be fired the moment I touch that water. Even if he took off right as he landed, he would still get shocked. She won’t be able to survive. Damn, I can’t let her die , like this. I’m not going to let anything happen to her! On his chest the gem began to glow brightly and fire once again engulfed the half-breed. Inuyasha blinked….then gasped as huge wings snapped open and caught him right before he touched the water.

In his arms Kagome turned too look up at him and gasped softly. When she had last seen him in the armor it had been in the middle of a fight and she hadn’t had a chance to see just how powerful the armor seemed to be. Even now, holding up more weight than they should be able too, the wings didn’t seem to be having any trouble. From this close Kagome could feel the slight heat of the armor, feel the power that seemed to lurk just below the surface of it. Does mine feel like this too? She wondered suddenly

"Are you alright?" Inuyasha’s voice jolted her back to reality.

"Yeah." She said nodding once. At his point the hydra realized that it’s prey hadn’t been crisped and lunged for them again. The wings on the armor flexed and lifted them past the heads almost effortlessly. Okay, we need to rid of that thing and fast. Inuyasha thought as he looked down at it. But we can’t hit something that we can regenerate, and I can’t fight if I’m protecting Kagome….I need to find some place were she can be safe for a little while. The half-demon looked around widely for a few seconds. His eyes strayed toward the cave they had so recently vacated. There! There was a small ledge that was at top the entrance to the cave. It was just out of reach of the monster’s fangs and a small boulder that had settled atop the ledge at some point would provide cover from the hydra’s lighting bolts. He dodge the creatures attacks and flew over to it.

"Stay here." He told the young woman, then took off.

"Good luck, Inuyasha." Kagome whispered as he flew away.

Once in the air Inuyasha dove toward the creature trying to find a clear way to attack. Unfortunately since the hydra seemed to know that they wouldn’t dare to attack it’s heads, creating more threats, it was weaving its’ heads in a deadly dance around it’s body as the two heads fired lighting into the lake, preventing anyone from getting close enough to have a clear shot at the main body. The half-demon swerved to avoid one of the creature’s heads and drew Tetsugia, hoping to get near enough to attack. Unfortunately that brought him to near to the other heads and one of them managed to latch grab him in its’ jaws.

"INUYAHSA!" He heard Kagome scream his name and cursed. The hydra wouldn’t stay occupied with him for long, and once it did her noise would attached it.

"Get back, I’m fine!" Inuyasha yelled back at her a few seconds before he realized that he really was fine. Although the creature was trying to bite him and he could feel the pressure of its jaw the teeth themselves weren’t able to pierce through the fire armor he was wearing. A savage grin. "Too tough for you?" He growled at it, then brought the Tetsugia down. As the sword split the hydra’s skull, fire sprang from the blade covering the head. In a trice the skull had been reduced to ashes, but the fire wasn’t done yet. It continued to spread, racing down the neck until it reached the body burning the flesh so badly that there was no hope of it growing back at all. Sadly the flames died down before they managed to do any other damage to the hydra. Still the creature had never experienced pain like this before. All it’s heads let loose piercing screams of pure pain and it’s whole body writhed with agony. Seizing the chance Sango let Hirakotus fly. The bone boomerang neared the creature and for an instant the demon slayer thought that it was going to hit, but the creature managed to shift it’s bulk out of the way before it was hit. Turning all it’s heads toward the enemy in the sky and it let fly with a barrage of lightning that had Kirara dodging fanatically, trying to keep both the riders on her back and herself safe.

Meanwhile Inuyasha was flying higher into the sky acting on an instinct. He paused for a second with a savage smile on his face then turned and dove toward the creature, wings flaring into fire behind him.

"Don’t like fire, do you?" He called down as he plummeted. The hydra turned it’s heads toward him just as the hanyou flipped in the air and drew Tetsugia, using the force of his dive to drive the blade deep into the monster. Fire like that which had been gathering about his wings suddenly exploded from the sword, spreading thought the creature. It screamed in pure agony, heads thrashing in all directions, right before an explosion ripped across the clearing as the fire created by Inuyasha’s gem consumed it, leaving behind nothing but ashes.

For a few seconds after the abrupt end of the battle nothing moved. All the combatants were too busy staring at the clearing that had moments before been filled with water. Now there was nothing but ground slightly warm ground that was steaming in the gentle rainfall. The storm had slackened off over the course of the fire and no one had noticed. In the center of the clearing was a small area that had burned black by the force of the flames, and in the middle of the circle was Inuyasha. The half-demon snorted then shifted his sword onto his shoulder as the armor turned back into flames and once again retreated back into the gem. Everything held still for another half a minuet, but then everyone began to move again. Then Kirara flew down and landed in the field as Shippo ran out of the cave toward Inuyasha. The tiny fox demon turned and leapt on to his shoulder.

"What did you do?" The kit asked wide eyed.

"I don’t know." Inuyasha answered. He looked down at the burned area and shook his head. "It was like I knew what I was suppose to do, like something was telling me what would happen."

"Your gem maybe?" Miroku asked as he walked over.

"I guess." The hanyou said agreed doubtfully. He stared at the gem that was resting on his chest, unremarkable now that it’s power had been spent.

"You don’t think it can control us, do you?" Sango picked pulled out her own gem and gazed at it worriedly as she voiced her question.

"I don’t know. We know almost nothing about these gems and what we do know is only based on personal experience. You’ll have to ask Kagome if her gem did the same thing to her….Inuyasha were is Kagome?"

"I’m up here!" Aforementioned priestess called from her ledge. "Can someone get me down from here?"

"Kagome, are you alright?" Sango called up at her.

"I’m fine, aside from being stuck up here!" Inuyasha started toward the ledge but stopped when Kirara soared past him. The half-breed let out an incomprehensible grumble as the cat demon let the young woman mount her.

"What’s your problem?" Shippo asked suddenly. Inuyasha jumped glared at the kitsune. As the half-demon tried to think of something to say to the kit, he watch out of the corner of his eye as Miroku suddenly stopped, stared at the ground, then leaned down and picked something up. A bright violet light filled the clearing. Everyone started at the small violet gem that was now glowing softly in Miroku’s hand.


"I don’t think this is coincidence." The monk repeated grimly.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~

The next day the group headed back toward Keade’s village.

"I need to get for a test." Kagome had told everyone. "And even if Keade doesn’t know what these things are, we should at least get her advice."

"That is a good idea." Miroku agreed as he stared at his own stone. "Perhaps Lady Keade will know some who can tell us more about the stones." Everyone had agreed even, much to everyone’s surprise, Inuyasha. What the hanyou didn’t tell everyone was that he was nervous. Before the battle started he had no idea how to activate his fire armor. Now he was almost sure that he could if it had enough energy, and he thought it did. The gem had grown more powerful, he was almost sure of him. Added to that was the worry of what he had felt during the battle when he was transformed. The dive hadn’t been a random act for him, it had been and instinct that was guided by a vision of what would happen if he attacked like that. It was as if something had been guiding him, telling him how to use this new power that he had gained. That more than anything was unnerving him. The half-breed hadn’t told anyone else of his suspicions yet partially because he was too proud to admit he was nervous and partially because he was afraid that they would think the whole thing was in his mind but still…. Kagome even said that the gems felt a little bit the sacred jewel did. Was it really going so far to think that they could be corrupted like the jewel could be?

"Do you think that this has something to do with Naraku?" Inuyasha jerked his head up at Sango’s question.

"I don’t think so." Miroku answered after a moment’s pause. "He seemed to want both the Kagome’s gem when attacked us and went through great lengths to try and get a hold of it. I seriously doubt he would do something like that if he had known the kind of power the gems possessed."

"But I do now monk." Everyone whirled around and stiffened when the saw the familiar white baboon belt in the trees. "And I can’t allow you to keep your little toys any longer!" The puppet exploded into motion, sending out tentacles with surprising speed. They lashed out at the companions, and although almost everyone managed to get out of the way, a second one caught Miroku as he dodged.

"Watch out!" Sango yelled out a fraction of a second to late. The tentacle hit he monk….and a flash of purple light filled the clearing as everyone froze. When the light finally faded Miroku was visible, unharmed, now wearing the same type of winged armor that Inuyasha had worn, only this time purple in color. The monks staff had now transformed as well. The top was still metal put was now much harder and sharper even though it was now a light purple color. The bottom portion of the staff had been transformed into some kind of metal that matched the color of the armor itself. Small bolts of lighting rippled up and down the staff, arcing between the rings at the top but never harming Miroku. The monk stared at the armor for a second before realizing he was still in danger. He got the staff up to block on of the strikes by the demon puppet, and watched in fascination as the lighting that covered the staff discharged into the tentacle when it touched the staff itself, forcing the tentacle to curl back.

"You alright?" Some one called.

"I’m fine." The monk answered back as he dodged another attack. A plan had begun to form in his mind as he watched the lighting play over his weapon, and now he decided to put it to the test.

"Take this!" Miroku threw the his staff as hard as he could into the main body of the puppet. Just as he had hopped the lighting stored within the staff exploded outward, bolt of it shoot out and covered the puppet as a burning smell entered the air. The demon puppet jerked weirdly for a few seconds before it finally died its’ control device charred beyond recognition.

"Good job Miroku." Shippo called out, then sweatdropped as the power his gem ran out and the monk fell, landing in a very undignified heap.

"Are you….alright?" Kagome asked incredulously.

"I’m fine." Miroku pulled himself to his feet wincing. "But I think that this increases the urgency our trip. We need to find to find out exactly what this things are."

He received no arguments as they set out once again.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~

There done. This took waaaayyy to long to get up and I am really, really, really sorry but now that I’m out of school I can put more time into my writing. I had some trouble with Koga, but I think I did okay in the end.

As before I will be messing with the various Dragoon attacks both to make them fit in with the characters and to create a better story. As before please read and review!

-Plantresss

Onto the next chapter!