InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming of You ❯ Dreaming of You ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Dreaming of You
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
You told me you loved me
And I loved you too.
But the roses have wilted
And the violets have too.
So now I lie here,
Dreaming of you.

Disclaimer: I own nothing...the poem above is my friend's. She's all smart and such =)
----------


"Kagome!" Inuyasha called looking at his surroundings trying to see any side of the school girl. "KAGOME! WHERE ARE YOU?!" This was his entire fault, if only he was with her instead of looking for Kikyo. He clutched his fist in anger, it was only a rumor...Kikyo was dead. Naraku had killed her once again. There was a false rumor that a Priestess who resembled Kikyo was wandering around the northern region. Apparently there was no such thing and Inuyasha returned to some very disturbing news...

Inuyasha walked towards Keade's hut. He was cold, tired, and cranky. He went all the way up north for no reason whatsoever, Kikyo wasn't there and she never was there in the first place. "As soon as I find that little bastard who told me that I'll rip his goddamn arms off and hit him with them!" As soon as he entered the hut, though, he stopped. "Something isn't right here..." He looked around. No Sango. No Miroku and worst of all no Kagome. Suddenly the old priestess entered the hut looking completely haggard, "Oh Inuyasha, thank god ye have returned! Someone awful has happened!" "What happened?! Where is everyone?!" he asked urgently. "It was about an hour after ye had left," she began. "Naraku and his minions attacked the village. The other's tried to hold him off but he was too powerful. One of his demons got Kagome off-guard and she was injured badly. Naraku then took her and flew off." Inuyasha felt his hand begin to tremble, "No..." he whispered. "I'm sorry but it's true. Sango and the monk had ridden Kiara in hopes of catching up with him and left the fox child with me. They have yet to return."

The hanyou had followed Kiara scent directly to Naraku's castle, which of course was deserted. "Damnit! Where are they?!" His fist started shaking from rage, "I should've known it was a false rumor. Why in hell would Kikyo be in the northern region anyway? Naraku wanted to get me far away so he could attack without any distractions.' "NARAKU! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE AND FIGHT ME YOU COWARD!" 'If anything happens to Kagome...I dunno what I'll do.'

Another blast of wind, another attack and once again the two warriors were thrown to the ground. Miroku got up slowly, "Damn it! If only those poisonous insects weren't buzzing around everywhere then I could attack her with my wind tunnel." He looked to his side, Sango was injured pretty badly. "Stay down...please Sango." he begged but she fought the pain and got to her feet. "No... Kagome wouldn't turn her back on any of us. No matter what pain she was in. I'm not forgetting my best friend." Miroku smiled and got up as well, "Right as usual my lovely Sango." Kagura smirked, "Now if it was only Naraku you were after, then I might consider going easy on you. However, seeing Inuyasha tormented by the death of that wrench is someone I am sure to enjoy. I guess it's just not you're day, hm?" She raised her fan, "Dance of-" "WINDSCAR!" Kagura glanced behind her to see Inuyasha. She tried to dodge the attack but it ended up hitting her right arm, the arm she wielded her fan with. Kagura fell to the ground clenching her arm, "Damn you to hell Inuyasha!" He looked around the courtyard, "Save it for someone who cares. Where's Kagome?" The wind sorceress remained on the ground, "If you're talking about that girl she's most likely inside the castle." Inuyasha ran towards the castle. Miroku stared in disbelief, "INUYASHA! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" The hanyou stopped, "Where'd you think?" Sango pointed to the fallen Kagura, "What about her? Can't you help us defeat her first?" Inuyasha began to run again, "DO IT YOURSELFS! I GOT BIGGER FISH TO FRY AND BESIDES, KAGURA'S A SITTING DUCK WITHOUT HER FAN! YOU CAN HANDLE HER!" And he was gone.
She slowly opened her eyes, her body ached all over. She was in a small, dark room with a gust if cold air continuously blowing inside making it chilly. She was chained to a wall so she was unable to move or even get up, she was a prisoner. "Where am I?" She knew what happened, Naraku had kidnapped her and taken her here. But for what she was unsure, 'If he wanted Inuyasha he could've just said Kikyo was here.' she thought angrily. "That, my dear, is exactly what I need from you." Kagome's eyes widened, "Naraku!" She looked up and faced the demon who was smirking down at her. His red eyes mocking her and she was unable to speak or move at the sight of him. She never feared him before, but now Kagome could feel her blood run cold and her heart sink. "What a pretty girl you are, Kagome. I know Kikyo was beautiful but there's something...different about you. Could it be that you are younger than she was when she died or could it just be that the walking dead aren't as glamorous as we all thought? Either way it doesn't matter, really." His cold hand slowly caressed her cheek, making Kagome want to vomit. His touch scared her, what was her going to do to her? Kill her? Rape her? She wasn't sure. "You're afraid aren't you? There's no need for it really. I simply want to ask you a question. That's not so bad, is it?" Kagome gulped and let out a shaky, "No..." Naraku's smirk grew and so did Kagome's fear. "Why are you here?" he asked all too calmly. "I don't know." she answered. It was the truth, she had no idea why she was here. "Are you here because Inuyasha wasn't there to protect you...like he promised Kikyo?" Kagome flinched and Naraku's smirk grew once more. "It seems I have struck a nerve. You were there when he promised Kikyo he'll die for her, that he loved her, that he would always protect her. Yes, you saw it all. You saw him kiss her and..." His voice was only a whisper, "You saw him make love to her." Kagome screamed, "STOP IT!" Naraku laughed evilly, "It was late and you had just come back from your era, when you heard something."
"Stop..."
"You followed the noise, didn't you Kagome?"
"Please...no..."
"Then you saw it. You're worst fear."
"NO! STOP IT!" The tears stung her eyes, she was going to cry.
"He made love to her, Kagome. After all he said to you about caring for you and worrying about you. After you kissed him in order to keep him the way he was. He goes and does that with the dead woman who wanted him to change." Kagome was shaking, she had bottled up that memory. Pretending it never happened. That she never saw it, but all along she knew what he did...what they did. She felt Naraku's hot breath near her ear and he whispered, "But I can help you, Kagome." Her body was trembling all over, she was scared, cold and miserable. He grabbed her face and forced her to look into his eyes, those burning red eyes that showed nothing but hate and death. "When I was the human known as Onigumo, I killed the one who hurt me. Kikyo. I was jealous of her affection for that no good hanyou Inuyasha. So I put them against each other. It was I who killed the priestess Kikyo 50 years ago, Kagome. Inuyasha had nothing to do with it. It was my jealously and the rage of thousands of angry demons that possessed my soul and my body that killed her." Naraku threw her tear-stained face down, "She never really loved him, Kagome. It was all just an act for her to rid herself of the duty of protecting the Sacred Jewel. I remember hearing her laugh at him when she would come into the cave. "That naive hanyou actually thinks I have fallen in love with him." she would say or "That stupid half-breed will be waiting for me by the river." Her plan was to kill the half-demon once the jewel was gone, when he was nothing but a weak mortal." He laughed, "She was never the wonderful saint people always thought she was. Kikyo knew how to purify the jewel, but that never meant she was pure hearted herself." He looked at Kagome, "That is the difference between you and Kikyo. Your soul is actually pure, which is definitely something you were not granted by being Kikyo's reincarnation. If you think I am lying then remember all the times this Saint Kikyo tried to kill you, and bring Inuyasha to hell with her. I suppose I was actually doing him a favor by having him be sealed to a tree for 50 years." Kagome was shocked, 'If this is true...then...Inuyasha was...oh no.' Naraku grinned, "Don't feel bad, girl. He certainly doesn't care. After all that she did to him he would still rush to the northern region to see her, even when he knew I killed her. He left you alone, which answers our earlier question, you are here because Inuyasha abandoned you. The boy you are in love with does not care for you, Kagome! Join me and we shall complete the jewel together."


"KAGOME!"


Naraku looked towards the entrance of the room and Kagome stared in disbelief. There stood Inuyasha. "Well, if it isn't our guest of honor!" Naraku smirked. "Naraku! It's time for you to die!" Inuyasha charged towards the evil hanyou. Naraku stretched out his claws and stabbed the dog demon in the stomach, poisoning him as well. One of his tentacles wrapped around Inuyasha and pinned him to the floor, "JOIN ME KAGOME!" Naraku called, "JOIN ME AND WE SHALL KILLED THE BOY WHO CAUSE SO MUCH TORMENT TO YOUR LIFE!" Inuyasha coughed up blood and looked to Kagome, "K-Ka-Kagome..." The school girl looked at the hanyou and her tears fell once more. "NO! No, I will never kill Inuyasha! I don't care what you do to me, Naraku, I will never kill him!" Kagome frowned, "And I will never join such a ugly thing such as yourself! Not in a million years!" Inuyasha smirked, 'That's my Kagome!' No matter what happened between him and Kagome she was his. Because was it not he who brought her back from her time, wasn't it he who protected her from demons and rescued her when she was captured (which was quite often). Naraku scowled, "FOOLISH DISCISION, GIRL!" He raised up his hand and a burst of thunder crashed onto where Kagome was chained. "NO! KAGOME!" Inuyasha screamed feeling his blood boil. He was able to gather enough energy to break from Naraku's clutches and run to Kagome. He held her in his arms, "Kagome! Kagome! Wake up! C'mon!" He shook her a bit and Kagome began to stir. She coughed and slowly opened her eyes, "Inu..yasha?" Naraku frowned, "This sentimental rubbish is quiet aggravating." He raised his hand again and his face twisted into a smirk, "Poor dear, about to die in her love's arms. Too bad he doesn't love her back." The miasma circled the couple and Inuyasha found himself paralyzed. His entire body was numb and there was no way to escape from Naraku's attack. 'No...' he thought and looked down at Kagome, who was badly injured. He couldn't have her die, not this way! 'No.' he thought again and heard Naraku shout, ""IT'S TIME TO DIE! THIS TIME FOR GOOD!" The evil demon sent out his attack, it was a massive ball of miasma, demonic energy, and various demon parts. 'NO!' Inuyasha felt his mussels tighten and his joints burning.

He was beginning to transform again.

Suddenly he felt something and he saw Kagome's body glowing a light violet. He saw his demonic-aura combine with hers and surround them. The attack hit. They felt the impact of the energy, they felt their energy rising, but the rest was a blur since both their worlds went black.

Naraku felt their power and his being absorbed. It wasn't safe here anymore, their energy would consume him and the entire castle. "I'll kill you Inuyasha...for having what I was never able to achieve. Acceptance." He disappeared along with a nearly defeated Kagura and the castle. Sango and Miroku looked around, there was nothing left. No even a piece of wood was left from the castle. Miroku looked around for any sign of his friend and it was Inuyasha's tattered red fire-rat coat. He and the demon exterminator ran to them despite their wounds.

*~*~*~*~*~*

She was in a room of mirrors. Hundreds of mirrors surrounded her, but she couldn't see her reflection in any of them. Almost as if she didn't exist...that she wasn't real. Kagome ran and ran until she was in front of a large silver mirror.

"You look so much like her..."

She heard and turned around wondering where the voice was coming from. "Who's there?!" she called.

"The girl who is so like and unlike her..." another voice echoed.

Kagome was scared, "ANSWER ME!" she yelled.

"It must be exciting to be the re-incarnation of a priestess..."
"You must be the re-incarnated soul of my sister...."
"I sense strong spiral powers from you... are you by any chance a priestess?"

Kagome fell to the floor and covered her ears, "No...no...I'm not her....I'm not Kikyo....I'm...I'm..."
"The girl who is so like yet so unlike her....” she heard the voice echo again. "Kikyo."
Kagome looked up into the mirror. She froze when she saw what it revealed...it was not her face in the mirror....it was Kikyo's.

She began to fall backwards.

0-0-0-0-0-0

"KAEDE! KAEDE!" Sango called when she ran into the hut and faced the old woman. "What? What is it child?" the old woman rose to her feet. "It's Kagome and Inuyasha! Something happened to them and their not waking up!" The old priestess followed the demon exterminator outside and helped Miroku get an unconscious Inuyasha and Kagome off of Kirara's back.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"PAPA!" Inuyasha turned around and saw the small pup with ebony hair and amber eyes jump into his arms. "Papa! Mama's looking everywhere for you! I think you're in trouble!" Inuyasha smirked and put his son on his shoulders, "Is she now? I wonder what I did this time..." The boy laughed, "Whatever it was she's really mad at you!" Inuyasha smiled, how could his son get so happy at his own expense. He began walking into the village. Suddenly the boy jumped off his shoulders and landed gracefully onto the ground, "I'll try to cool her down so she doesn't give you too hard of a beating." Inuyasha laughed, "Okay, but yeah better do a good job." His son nodded and ran into the village. When Inuyasha caught up he saw his son being hugged by a woman with dark hair, just like his son's. He couldn't see her face. "Look Mama! I brought Papa back! Look!" The woman began to rise and the scene faded away.

Inuyasha fell backwards.

He never saw the woman's face.

0-0-0-0-0-0

Keade had quickly gotten the two into her hut and was treating their wounds. She would often glace at the Monk and demon exterminator as they assisted her, they were as worried at she was. "Someone should comfort the kit outside. He doesn't know anything." Sango stood up, "I will." and exited the room. Miroku continued to mend to the wounds, "Lady Keade," he asked not looking up "Do you think they will be all right?" The old woman sighed, "There is nothing more we can do but tend to their wounds and keep watch." It was true, the only people who could bring Inuyasha and Kagome to consciousness was themselves and no one else.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha sat in the strong tree branch of the Sakura Tree. This was by far the best seat for any spring day, high enough to see the field but not too high so that all you could see was other tree-tops. He would occasionally reach out a touch the pretty cherry blossom and watch it slowly float down to the grass below to join the countless other blossoms that now rested on the ground. There was something about these blossoms though, they smelt different. Almost like something else he had smelt before...but he couldn't remember what. It was a mortal's scent though. He knew it wasn't his mother, she had always smelled of cherries. She was basically the only mortal he knew. He sighed and laid back lazily against the trunk of the tree, "This is going to bug me all day now..." He had just began to play with another blossom when his sensitive ears heard a noise. It was a young girl singing...or humming. It was such a nice sound that he left his peaceful tree to follow it, hoping the find who was doing it.

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome laid on the grass near a river, long her black hair spread out on the cool green grass. She sighed peacefully and sung quietly. She opened her eyes to see pink flower pedals float pass her through the air. Kagome sat up and smoothed her green skirt, "There must be a Sakura tree nearby..." She caught a flower pedal in her hand and held it close. There was something she was forgetting...someone...but who. She heard rustling in the tree above her and looked up.

"Inuyasha?"

0-0-0-0-0-0

Sango sat in the middle of the hut with Shippo in her lap. The young kitsune rested his head on her chest, he was really worried. She felt so helpless as she watched him daze into trance-like scare, confused and nervous. "Sango?" he asked and the demon exterminator watched the kit rolled his green eyes up and looked at her, "What is it Shippo?"
"Are Kagome and Inuyasha going to be alright?"
Sango felt her heart ache, 'Poor little thing, I've forgotten that Inuyasha and Kagome were his parental-figures." Sango put on a smile and pet the boy's hair, "You know they're gonna be okay, Shippo." The young fox demons nodded and rested against Sango again.

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome continued to look up at the young half-demon that stood in the tree. After about three minutes of silence she smiled up at him and called, "You can come down here if you like." The hanyou was taken back and jumped down next to her, but still said nothing. Inuyasha didn't know what to say; after he saw her everything came back to him. Naraku, Kikyo, and their friends at the hut. He remembered how he felt about Kagome and what he did to her. Inuyasha stared at the young woman, 'How is she able to just sit there and smile after what I did to her? Does she not remember?' Kagome hadn't forgotten what happened in the castle, but it only came back to her when she saw Inuyasha in the tree. 'I should take advantage of this time together,' she thought 'If that blast killed us then this may probably be the last time we have together until Kikyo comes to get Inuyasha.' Who would've thought hell would be so pretty? Inuyasha stared at the ground and mumbled a quick, "I'm sorry." Kagome looked at the young man, "What are you sorry about?""For not protecting you. If I was there...""Forget about it. You've already promised Kikyo you'd protect her. You can't do two things at once, I understand." Kagome continue to grin.

Inuyasha stared blankly at her, "Are you serious?! Naraku kidnaps you, torments you and most likely killed both of us and all you can say is 'Forget about it'?" Kagome looked around, "Where do you think we are anyway? Do you think we die?" Inuyasha was completely confused now. He got sat if he insulted her but gets completely nothing for being the reason they've might've died! 'Has she...completely lost it?' he thought. Kagome looked at him, her blue eyes shone with happiness, "Well, what do you think, Inuyasha? If this is hell, it's pretty nice. Don't you think?" The hanyou shot up, "HOW CAN YOU TALK LIKE THAT! KAGOME! WE MAY BE DEAD! NARAKU MIGHT HAVE KILLED US AND YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IT'S NOT IMPORTANT!" She looked up at him, "Well, it's not." Inuyasha twitched. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT IMPORTANT!" He yelled, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS THAT WE'VE BEEN HUNTING HIM DOWN TO KILL HIM! IF HE KILLED US KAGOME THEN THAT MEANS HE LIVES ON AND WE LOST!" Inuyasha took a deep breath and sat next to Kagome holding her shoulders, "Doesn't that mean anything to you?" Kagome's head fell so her eyes were not visible under her bangs and she quickly turned her back towards the confused hanyou.

0-0-0-0-0-0

It was now night in the feudal era. A time where most people are in a dream world free from wants and fears, where a person's wildest thought can be made into a reality. Miroku took a deep breath of fresh night air and sighed. Lady Keade and he had been trying all night to get Inuyasha and Kagome to wake up, but no avail. They had some wounds, but nothing that would cause them to fall comatose. At first Kagome's hands would continuous twitch but now she laid perfectly still along with Inuyasha who looked completely helpless that it scared him. Miroku rubbed his temples, "If only we knew what it was that's causing this. Then we maybe would have an idea." He felt arms wrapped around his middle, arms that belonged to Sango. She rested her body against his back and he held her hands. Everyone was worried. If anything was to happen to Kagome or Inuyasha...nobody would know what to do.

*~*~*~*~*

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked as he carefully spun her back around and lifted her chin with his hand to see her beautiful blue eyes. She was crying. He pulled her into a tight embrace and rocked her slowly back and forth, a technique that he often used when she would come to him and cry or when she wasn't able to sleep at night.

No one really understood how close the two of them actually were. Kagome and Inuyasha shared a lot more with each other in the past two years than tips on how to defeat Naraku and where Jewel Shards were. Kagome became the only person he would ever sit down and really open up too. Of course there were plenty of things he still kept inside, but he was able to share memories of his childhood which was something he had never told another living soul. Not even Kikyo. Kagome had told him some things too, like how her father died and some of the interesting gadgets the 'Present' had.

Kagome rested her head on Inuyasha's chest, "I'm sorry...I didn't forget. How could I? It's just...if we're dead then that means Kikyo will be coming for you to take you away from me. I wanted to make my last few memories count before I...." She gulped, "Never saw you again." He stopped rocking and looked down at Kagome, "I would never just leave you behind. For a girl who studies all the time you sure can be really stupid." He smirked and looked around, "I got an idea..." He stood up and took Kagome's hand. Kagome raised an eyebrow in confusion, "What are you talking about? An idea for what?" He started to walk and pulled her with him. "Don't ask questions! Just come on." And so she followed him.

They walked onward through the forest until they came to a small valley. It was covered in different color flowers and green grass. Kagome saw a rabbit run through the tall grass and a bird fly through the blue sky which was so easily seen above the valley. Inuyasha looked back at the school girl, "Isn't it beautiful?" She was still in shock from the scene and was only able to nod. "I figured you'd love it." He sat in the tall grass, pulling her with him. They sat there in pure serenity as they watch their world pass them. He soon felt her lean against him as she often would. Inuyasha could feel Kagome's heart beat throughout her warm body. 'This is the difference,' He thought, 'Between her and Kikyo.' He remembered when he held Kikyo she was cold and lifeless. Even when she kissed him, her lips were cold and dry. He also recalled when Kagome had kissed him, how soft and warm it was. How right she fit so perfectly in his arms and how much he enjoyed smelling her fresh scent.

'This is what I want.'

Inuyasha slowly and captiously wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a warm embrace. He felt Kagome stiffen up at first, but quickly relaxed in the comfort of his arms. A sudden twinge of guilt struck her.

'He must've held Kikyo this way too.'

She began to remember the room of mirrors, the voices, her running. She even remembered Naraku's words:

"She never really loved him, Kagome. It was all just an act for her to rid herself of the duty of protecting the Sacred Jewel. I remember hearing her laugh at him when she would come into the cave. "That naive hanyou actually thinks I have fallen in love with him." she would say or "That stupid half-breed will be waiting for me by the river." Her plan was to kill the half-demon once the jewel was gone, when he was nothing but a weak mortal."

Worse of all...she remembered that night. The night he made love to Kikyo.
It was too much to bear. Kagome broke away from his hold and whispered, "I'm sorry...I can't...." She looked at the ground and watched her tears drop onto the blades of green grass. Inuyasha kneeled to her side, "What do you mean?"
"It's nothing. Forget about it.""No! Tell me!""Honestly, it's nothing.""Tell me what's the matter Kagome!" He growled."THERES NOTHING TO TELL!" she screamed."THERE MUST BE FOR YOU TO BE CRYING! NOW YOU BETTER DAMN WELL TELL ME RIGHT NOW!"
He grabbed her by her shoulders and forced her to look at him. "YOU REALLY WANNA KNOW? FINE! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO SIT HERE WITH YOU WHILE I KNOW WHAT YOU AND KIKYO DID! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ACT WHEN I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO KNOW SOMEONE I LOVE IS WITH ANOTHER GIRL? KIKYO WOULD PROBABLY FEEL THE SAME WAY I DO IF SHE SAW US HERE! EXSPEACIALLY AFTER WHAT YOU DID!" Kagome broke away from his grasp and turned away from him in order to hide her remaining tears from him. Inuyasha had a look of utter confusion on his face, "What the hell are you talking about Kagome? What have Kikyo and I done?" Kagome glared at him, her eyes burning with hatred. "How dare you play innocent with me! I saw what you did with her!" He was getting pissed now and he was still lost, "What did I do with her?! Kagome, I have no idea what in hell your talking about!" She clenched her fist, stood up and screamed, "YOU HAD SEX WITH HER YOU JACKASS! HOW CAN YOU NOT REMEMBER!?"

0-0-0-0-0-0

"MONK! COME HERE QUICKLY!"
Miroku ran into the room where Kagome and Inuyasha's sleeping forms were placed. "What is it Lady Keade? What's the matter?" The old priestess pointed to Kagome, "It's Kagome, she's burning up! A moment ago she was fine but she suddenly burnt up. I don't know what could have caused it, does ye know?" Miroku took out a bowl, filled it with water from a bucket, soaked a washcloth and placed in on Kagome's forehead. "She is very warm. It must be the curse. Does Inuyasha have a fever as well?" The old lady shook her head, "No, however his hands were shaking and twitching before." Miroku looked at his friends, 'Oh Buddha, please help my friends fight this. Please."
*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha sat on the cold grass looking straight up at Kagome. His face showed no expression and Kagome was afraid he was going to lunge at her and a kill her. After a long, awkward silence he said, "I never in my entire life have done...that...with Kikyo." His voice boomed even though he did not yell. His words stuck to Kagome like glue. He wasn't lying, she knew this, but she saw him and Kikyo in the forest. "Could've had been...." she whispered. Inuyasha looked at the ground, "It was Naraku, it had to be. He probably took my form and wanted to get you to hate me so he could use you against me. I dunno if it was the real Kikyo or not, and I really don't care. Back then I might've loved Kikyo but now that I look back, I never really loved her at all. I was loney and she was loney (or so I thought) and we must've attracted eachother." He took Kagome's hands, "Kagome...I-"

"INUYASHA!" Kagome yelled. He looked down...he was starting to disappear. 'No...I have to tell her." He grabbed Kagome and held onto her for dear life. 'I wont have time to tell her! If I cant tell her how I feel I'll show her!' Inuyasha bend down and kissed Kagome.

Then he disappeared.

0-0-0-0-0-0

Sango quickly entered the room to see what the fuss what about and gasped, "KEADE LOOK!" The demon exterminator pointed at Inuyasha, "He's waking up!" Everyone gathered around the half-demon as he seemed to struggle to awake. "Inuyasha! Inuyasha! Wake up!" Miroku called and the hanyou grumbled and moaned before he slowly opened his eyes. Everything was blurry at first and all he saw was a fuzzy finger of Miroku and Sango. He suddenly heard his name and "I think he's alright." Inuyasha began to choke and sat up quickly feeling a sharp pain in his stomach. Finally it hit him...he was awake. "Kagome...." he whispered. Sango looked at him funny, "What is it, Inuyasha?" He spoke louder, "Kagome...where is...Kagome?!" Miroku pointed to Kagome's unconscious form next to him, "She's running a fever and she hasn't awoken yet." Inuyasha's heart raced as he hurried to her side and took the girls hand. "INUYASHA!" Keade scolded, "Ye must be careful with thy's wounds! They may reopen!" However he ignored her warning and sat next to Kagome holding her hand, "Kagome..." he whispered, “I...I…never got to tell her...that I...I...." He felt something wet roll down his face. He was crying. Like the time he thought Kagome had died in the fire, but only this time he didn't hide his tears. "Please...please...wake up."

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome ran around the valley, "INUYASHA!" she called, "INUYASHA! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Suddenly she heard someone,

"Wake up..."

"Wake up..."
She stopped, "Wake up? What do you mean? I am awake!"

"Wake up..."

"Please wake up Kagome..."

Kagome looked around to see who was talking but she found no one. She fell to her knees..."Oh Inuyasha...where are you?" She began to cry as the valley around her began to fall apart leaving her alone in the dark. "Now...I can never get out." Through her tears, Kagome saw a red figure. She rubbed her eyes quickly and looked up, "Inu-Inuyasha?" The figure turned around and faced her. The hanyou gave his trademark smirk and held out his hand for her, she took it. He pulled her close to him as she cried into his hatori, "Oh Inuyasha! I thought I was alone! I was so scared." She felt his warm breath by her ear whisper, "Kagome, you have to wake up. For me."

"But I'm....I'm scared."
"You can do this. You're too strong to be beaten by this."
Kagome held him tighter and took a deep breath, "All right."
She closed her eyes and disappeared in his arms.
0-0-0-0-0-0
Inuyasha, despite his wounds and Keade's nagging, continued to hold Kagome's hand. He ran his claws down her cheek hoping she would awaken and sighed, "This is just like the fairy tale you told Shippo, huh Kagome? The Princess was in a deep slumber and could only awaken by the kiss of her true love....what was his name.....oh yeah, Prince Charming." He thought for a moment...maybe it would work for him.

Now, it could've been the lack of sleep he was getting or the fact that he was just plain insane, but Inuyasha felt like it was a good idea. He may not be Prince Charming, but she was his true love so he must be hers.
Inuyasha bent down and lightly kissed Kagome's soft lips when something strange happened.
She kissed him back.
Inuyasha jerked back and looked down to see Kagome's blue eyes slowly open. She took a deep breath and looked up at him, smiling. He smiled too.
~*>*<*>*<*~

"Alright then, so Sango and I will go to the next village and get supplies and Keade will accompany us in order to aid some ill children in the area." Miroku looked around and met with Inuyasha's amber eyes, "That leaves you and Lady Kagome alone, Inuyasha." Sango scooped up Kiara, "You two better not move while we're gone, we don’t want those wounds to open up." She glared at Inuyasha, "That means YOU Inuyasha!" The hanyou flinched and shook his head, "Feh, these wounds aint nothing. It's just because of Naraku's stupid miasma that they're taking so damn long to heal. If it was any other demon I'd be up and about in no time." Miroku sighed and made his way to the entrance of the hut, "Whatever you say, Inuyasha, just don’t move." Sango quickly followed him. Keade appeared from the backroom and bent down to Kagome and whispered, "Here are some medical herbs child, you better watch him now." Kagome smiled and nodded. Inuyasha fehed and closed his eyes, stupid old woman.

It had to be an hour later that Inuyasha opened his eyes and awoke from his little nap. He looked around expecting to see Kagome's sleeping figure, but she was gone. He sat up, slowly of course, and sniffed the surrounding air in hopes to catch a whiff of her scent. She'd been here a moment ago and must've just left since her scent was still fresh. He stood up cautiously and slowly approached the door. He wasn't more than a step outside when he spotted the girl sitting in the grass outside the hut. She looked up at him and her sky blue eyes met his golden and she smiled, "You should be in bed." He joined her on the grass and said, "I could say the same for you! You're in worse shape than I am, what were you thinking coming out here! You could've tripped and fell and your wounds would've opened up!" Kagome sighed and continued smiling, "And I'm hearing this from a guy who fights demons with a hole in his gut, right?" Inuyasha gulped, she got him there. "Anyways," She continued, "It was getting to stuffy in that old soggy hut. I wanted to come outside and get some fresh air." He knew exactly what she meant, Keade's hut may be homey but it smelled horrible after it rained. Maybe he should build his own hut. It'd be easier than sharing a tiny hut with a kitsune, a two-tail and four humans.

"Inuyasha?"

Kagome's sweet voice broke Inuyasha out of his thoughts and made him notice that her head was resting on his shoulder. He placed his claw on her head, beginning to stroke her hair. "Hmm?" He felt her take a deep breath, which must've hurt due to her bandages wrapping around her tiny figure. "When you were unconscious...did you have a dream?" Inuyasha's eye's widened.

The dream....

"INUYASHA!" Kagome yelled. He looked down...he was starting to disappear. 'No...I have to tell her." He grabbed Kagome and held onto her for dear life. 'I won’t have time to tell her! If I can’t tell her how I feel I'll show her!' Inuyasha bent down and kissed Kagome.

Inuyasha remembered the dream but he thought it was just a, well, dream. Could it have been that he and Kagome were actually THAT close to death after all? He nodded and looked down at Kagome, "Y-Yeah. I did." She nodded and asked, "You had the same one then, huh?" It was his turn to nod. "Good." He continued to stare at her, "What do you mean?" He felt her shift and snuggling into his chest, which would have hurt if he wasn’t so engrossed into what she was talking about. "I'm glade that kiss wasn't my imagination and what you said about the whole Kikyo thing. I'm happy." Inuyasha smiled, he was happy too. He bent down so that his lips merely brushed her ear, "You know what I forgot to tell you?"

"What?"

"I love you."

Her smiled grew and she kissed his cheek, "I love you too, Inuyasha,"



The End
(AN: WOOP! WOOP! The High School entrance exams are over with and you know what that means...SUMMER! This also means more fan fiction from yours truly! YAY! So review and be nice since I gave you this very special Inu/Kag ficcy!)