InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams and Sacrifices ❯ Request ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha tried to ignore the complaints if his friends, but it was hard when the loudest curmudgeon was on your back. As if to prove his point Kagome tugged on one of his ears to get his attention, "Inuyasha, we're all tired. We need to stop for the night."
He growled, "NO."
Kagome suddenly jumped off his back almost causing Inuyasha to lose his balance and fall down. “Oi, Kagome, what the hell was that for?”
“What was that for?!! Inuyasha, we're practically dead on our feet. In the past hour I don't think Miroku even had a perverted thought about Sango. And poor Shippo is already asleep. I don't know about Sango or Miroku, but I'm not going one more step,” with that said she sat on the ground with both her arms and legs crossed and her nose in the air.
Sango and Miroku smirked and sat down next Kagome.
“You can't be serious. The jewel shards are out there and you're just going to leave them to who knows what.”
Kagome leveled him with a look, “Inuyasha what if we do run into someone with a jewel shard. We are in no condition to fight them, so stop griping and go get some firewood.”
When Inuyasha opened his mouth to protest Kagome gave him smile that sent shivers down his back. He knew that if he said one more word against resting for the night she was going to say that word.
Grumbling underneath his breath he turned to get some firewood. He stiffened and began growling when a familiar smell met his nose.
Kagome stood up and went over to him, “What is it Inuyasha?”
He said one word that sent chills coursing down their spines, “Sesshoumaru.”
Sango readied Hiraikotsu while Miroku gathered the sleeping kitsune and told him of their upcoming visitor.
Inuyasha pulled out Tetsusaiga just as Sesshoumaru glided into the clearing. Inuyasha dropped into a defensive position and asked, “What the hell do you want, Sesshoumaru?”
Sesshoumaru looked at Inuyasha with dispassionate eyes. Inuyasha tensed when Sesshoumaru's arm lifted. But he soon became perplexed when instead of drawing Tokijin Sesshoumaru began stroking his weird fur thing.
Sesshoumaru turned his gaze from Inuyasha to the moon before stating, “Inuyasha, your companions seem tired. You will stay the night in my camp.” Then he slowly walked away.
Inuyasha couldn't move. What the hell just happened here? He flinched when Kagome startled him by lightly touching his arm.
“Sorry, but, did we just get invited to share `Lord' Sesshoumaru campsite?”
Miroku approached with Sango, Shippo in her arms. He said, “I think that was more of an order.”
“Do we go, or what?” Sango asked.
They all looked to Inuyasha. “Did you see the way he looked? I think he was worried about something. Feh! We might as well go and see what he wants. And if it comes down to it I can take him,” he said sheathing Tetsusaiga.
 
Following his keen sense of smell Inuyasha traced Sesshoumaru back to his camp. Inside there was a small fire going. A little human girl with a side pony tail and an orange and white checkered kimono on sat next to the fire. She jumped up when she noticed them. Smiling she walked over to them.
A rustling sound alerted distracted Inuyasha and his friends from the little girl. A short, squat green toad youkai entered the clearing carrying some extra firewood mumbling underneath his breath, “Jaken, go get some more firewood. Jaken take care of the human. Jaken I'm leaving. Jaken, do this. Jaken do ACKKK!!! What are you doing here?!!” he screeched only just then noticing the extra people in the camp.
“Master Jaken, I think this is Lord Inuyasha and his friends. You don't remember Lord Sesshoumaru telling us he would visit?” the girl asked giggling.
Kagome got down on her hands and knees, “My name's Kagome, what's yours?”
Still giggling the girl politely held out her hand, “Rin, Miss Kagome.” Then she looked at Inuyasha with her big brown eyes, “Lord Inuyasha, Lord Sesshoumaru says that he wants to talk to you. He went that way.” She pointed in a direction of to the side.
Inuyasha looked dubiously in the direction she pointed before asking his traveling companions, “Are you all going to be alright here?” After getting assurances from them he began walking.
He stopped before he got to the edge of the clearing though. Leaning against a tree was Sesshoumaru's armor, fluff, and swords. He obviously actually wanted to talk. Frowning and hesitating only a second, Inuyasha walked back over to his friends and handed Kagome Tetsusaiga. He then followed Sesshoumaru's scent into the forest.
 
Inuyasha found Sesshoumaru sitting on the ground, leaning against a tree. He kept his gaze on the moon. Inuyasha hesitated before sitting next to him. Together they stared at the moon, while Inuyasha tried to figure out why Sesshoumaru was acting this way. Bloodthirsty and evil was normal. Curiosity he could handle. But when Sesshoumaru was worried, that could only mean something bad was about to happen.
Inuyasha looked over at Sesshoumaru and jumped to see the cold, unwavering golden eyes contemplating him. Inuyasha crossed his arms and said, “Feh! Well, what the hell do you want?”
Sesshoumaru frowned slightly, “You better hope I never here you use that language in front of Rin.”
“And what about Rin? You claim to hate humans, but you got some kid hanging out with you. That doesn't make sense!”
“I had a dream.”
“What?” Inuyasha asked struggling to keep up with the sudden change in topic.
“I had a dream.”
“So what? You want congratulations or something?”
“I know where Naraku's heart lies.”
“Based on a dream?”
“If something happens to me you will become Lord of the Western Lands,” he hesitated here, “And could you make sure that Rin is properly cared for.”
Inuyasha was stunned. All he could do was watch Sesshoumaru get up and leave. Belatedly Inuyasha got to his feet and followed Sesshoumaru back to the campsite. “What do you mean if something happens to you?”
Rin looked up, suddenly worried, “Lord Sesshoumaru? Is something going to happen to you.”
Sesshoumaru turned and frowned at Inuyasha, “Rin, go to bed.”
Rin still looking worried nodded and silently walked over to Sesshoumaru's fluff. “Okay, Lord Sesshoumaru.” She curled up against it and was soon pretending to be asleep.
Inuyasha figured that Sesshoumaru didn't want Rin in on his conversation so he didn't say anything, but that didn't mean the discussion was over. Not by a long shot.