InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drips, Drops, and Drabbles ❯ My Babies ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Sone one asked what contest these drabbles were being written for. These are all for the Yahoo! Group InuyashaIssekiwa. Please feel free to visit and join.

My Baby

I see them, my babies. I fear for them, even though I smile. I know he doesn’t see me, not as I see him. He is my baby boy. My Inuyasha, I remember you. I knew you the moment I saw you. You’ve grown into such a handsome man, just like your father.

I can see the lines in your face, the ones that you should not have. I know you have suffered my baby. I wish it could have been different for you, you deserved so much better. I wish I could hold you the way I did when you were small and innocent, so I could protect you from that world.

But I cannot. That was a lifetime ago, and you cannot see your mother now, not in this new body. To you I am someone else’s mother and you are not mine to hold. You want to be held, I know, I can see it. But it is not I that can protect you now.

Please, my boy, my baby boy, keep my little Kagome safe. I don’t want to lose her the way I thought I lost you. I cannot die that way again.
Converting /tmp/phpwaHTBA to /dev/stdout