InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drowning ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
No matter how much I try to forget, the pain will always a part of me that I can never escape from. The drinking may dull the thoughts and the inebriation takes my mind off of it for a while, but never enough to blank it all from my memory and wash away the sins that I've committed in your name.

Oh, god I'm doing it again.

I take another shot and the sour taste of the whiskey makes me squint my eyes in retaliation against the horrid taste. I can't drink cognac anymore these days, your eyes are too close in color too it, it's too much to remember the pain of my loss. So I'm stuck drinking these terrible liquors that pain me the next morning as I drown in the srrow that was our love.

Another dollar on the bar and another shot is laid out. I take it between shakey finger and dip my head back as it burns my throat in a single gulp. I cough and snap my head back, my hand to the back of my lips, but it's not enough. It's never enough to rid myself of you.

Your image plays behind my eyes and I'm listening to the souds of your voice a you moan my name, as you whisper our love in my ear, and again, I need more. I need to dull the senses.

Dollar on the bar, shot in hand, I give a small prayer as I shoot it and the world is blurry as I open my eyes. I feel a smile play out on my now numb lips, and it's finally enough to make me feel elated.

Oh Inuyasha, if only you knew how dead I am now without you. No longer am I your Kagome, I now swim in the sea of drunken idiocy, trying to stay afloat as you abandon ship. And the longer I pretend to be okay, the deeper I sink into the abyss.

I wanted to drown in your love, so now I will drown anyway I can. I will be with you soon.

Another dollar on the bar and the cycle continues.