InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Easy as 1, 2, 3... ❯ Revenge is a dish best served...hot?!? ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anyone else in this story except for the cook. And she really wishes Inuyasha owned her.

.

.

Easy as 1, 2, 3…

Chapter Twelve

.

.

.

"Would you like some more potatoes?" A sweet-voiced Kagome questioned Inuyasha. In one hand she held the bowl, offering it to him across the dinner table. Her attitude was beginning to scare everyone else that was present, even Sesshoumaru, but Inuyasha didn't seem phased a bit as he accepted the dish from her.

Dinner in Lady Rumiko and Lord Tai's home was the one formal meal that every family member was required to attend. During the day things were much more lax, and so that's why Inuyasha and Kagome ended up eating in the kitchen with Miroku and Sango so much. No one knew what Sesshoumaru did with himself during those meals. Probably had a chocolate stash somewhere.

Now Kagome was sitting across from both brothers, smiling that lovely fake smile she has! Lady Rumiko couldn't imagine what her son must have done to deserve this, but it had probably been a doozy!

"Kagome dear, is something wrong?" Inuyasha's very concerned mother finally decided to ask. "You seem a bit…upset." She didn't voice her concerns about what might have caused this.

Kagome responded with a bright smile. "Oh no, I'm fine! Never been better in fact!"

Everyone at the table nodded, not believing a word of it.

A very strained silence descended on the group, but all continued to eat as if nothing were wrong. Every few seconds, an evil glare would be shot Inuyasha's way by one of his family members. They just knew this had to be all his fault!

"Inuyasha."

The half dog demon looked sharply at Sesshoumaru. "What?"

A slender, refined hand pointed to Inuyasha's dessert of chocolate cake, which he had been picking at for several minutes without any of it actually making it to his mouth. "Are you going to eat that?"

Everyone else at the table sweat dropped.

Sesshoumaru ignored this gracefully. "Well?"

With a weary sigh, Inuyasha gave in and pushed the cake towards his sweet tooth driven half brother. "Keh! Knock yourself out. Just don't come crawling to me when you're fatter than Kagome's cat."

"Hey!" Kagome protested, before she remembered what she was doing. "I mean, uh, that was so funny Inuyasha!" The scary, fake smile was directed at him full force now, causing his stomach to churn.

On the outside, Inuyasha may have seemed very calm to everyone present, but inside was a completely different matter! As he tried to eat his dinner and act normal, Miroku's warnings kept coming back to haunt him no matter how hard he tried to forget them. All the while, visions of all the horrible stuff she could do to him danced through his head, taunted him and caused him to lose his appetite.

'Do I even dare go to sleep tonight?' He wondered, carefully watching Kagome with narrowed eyes as she smiled down at her dessert. 'She seems so nice on the outside. What kind of twisted ideas could there be lurking in that head of hers?'

That question would remain unanswered though, until much later that night.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

The chiming of the clock in the hallway echoed though the house signaling that it was midnight, and Inuyasha cursed loudly at the sound. "Dammit! How can one stupid girl make me so paranoid that I can't sleep?" Flipping over on his back, he glared at the ceiling as if it were somehow to blame.

His muddled, sleep-deprived mind drifted back to just before he had gone to bed. Kagome had long since retreated to her room, and Inuyasha stopped to eye her door warily before opening his own. Just at that moment, her light voice drifted out to him.

"Goodnight Inuyasha! Pleasant dreams!"

Something like that might not have bothered anyone else, but it sure bothered him! Kagome NEVER told him goodnight before, or at least not in a friendly way. Normally she said something along the lines of she hoped he'd die in his sleep. The only night she didn't say something rude like that was the night of their dinner together.

After that, Inuyasha opened his door cautiously to look for anything suspicious. She could have done anything to his room while he was downstairs! It was much better to be safe than sorry.

After a swift, careful check that revealed nothing out of the ordinary, including no signs of her scent that would be left from her presence in his room, Inuyasha let out a sigh of relief. He was worried over nothing!

"She's probably not gonna do a thing." He muttered, stripping down to his boxers. "This is just some tactic to make me paranoid. Well, it's not going to work, and I'm gonna sleep just FINE tonight!"

HA! So much for that brilliant little plan! Here it was, past midnight and he was still wide-awake and listening for any sounds that might possibly be coming from her room. He realized he was beginning to fear her much more than he'd ever feared Sesshoumaru, which was saying something!

"This is so much worse than the time Fluffy shaved my head in the middle of the night when we were younger. Took my hair years to grow back!" Inuyasha suddenly paused. "Dang it, now I'm talking out loud to myself!"

With an angry huff, Inuyasha flipped to where he was laying on his side with his back to the bathroom door. He knew it probably wasn't the smartest thing he could do, but no way in hell was he going to show his fear and turn over!

Inuyasha lay like this for several moments, his ears twitching as they listened for any sounds. When nothing at all was heard, he felt himself finally begin to relax. Now, maybe he could get some sleep!

The soothing silence continued, and his golden eyes slowly drifted shut as he sank into that state between being awake and asleep. All his worries about Kagome drifted away, and a deep rumble of contentment sounded from his chest.

*Click*

On cue, Inuyasha snapped out of his daze and was on full alert at the small sound. The click had been the bathroom doorknob turning slowly, and a second later his ears heard muffled footsteps moving towards him. Back stiff, Inuyasha didn't move from his spot or turn around. "I'm awake you know." He warned quietly.

The footsteps stopped, before picking up once again. Kagome smiled at his back. "Who says I wanted you to be asleep? I figured you would be able to hear me."

This got Inuyasha's attention, and he abruptly sat up and turned towards her as he felt his bed shifting beside him. "What the heck are you-" His voice died as he found himself face to face with her, not even two inches separating their faces. The hanyou swallowed nervously, not realizing she'd had a chance to get so close till it was too late.

"I was feeling so lonely in my own bed Inuyasha." Kagome purred, moving just a little bit closer. By this point her hot breath on his face was doing very strange things to him, and her lovely smell wasn't helping at all. All thoughts of this being some kind of possible revenge flew out the window along with his ability to think rationally.

Kagome noticed his reaction, and mentally congratulated herself. She tried really hard to ignore the fact that him being so close was causing her to feel the same way, and concentrated on her plan. He was going to pay, and she was going to enjoy every single moment of it! Probably TOO much!

"What's the matter Inuyasha?" She breathed, moving to place a hand on his bare chest. Her hand felt like it was on fire, but she kept her focus on his face. His breathing was so rapid, she had to hold back a grin of triumph.

"K-Ka-gome!"He gasped, trying to figure out what the heck was going on. He must be dreaming, cause there's no way she would be doing this otherwise! Maybe he should take advantage, since it would probably never happen in real life…

Inuyasha acted on this thought at once, since it was the only one in his mind at the moment. Closing the distance between them, he suddenly wrapped his arms around her shoulders and met her mouth with his in a very heated kiss.

When their lips met, Kagome felt herself freeze with shock, not expecting this to happen! She'd figured that he would just get all flustered and nervous, leaving him open for her little trick. Instead, it looks like the tables had been turned on her…AGAIN!

Her hands went limp where they had been pressed against his chest a moment before, feeling like she was going to melt with this new sensation. She had been kissed once before by some guy named Hobo…or was it Hojo? Whatever, it wasn't anything like this, so it didn't matter at all!

The kiss became deeper, and Kagome's mind turned to mush. 'Wasn't I suppose to be doing something? Does it really matter? Oh, who cares, this is so nice…'

Regretfully, they had to come up for air sooner or later, and Inuyasha was the first one to pull back. He stared at Kagome with the most intense eyes she had ever seen, and she couldn't do anything but stare back, entranced.

"This has got to be the nicest dream I've ever had." Inuyasha murmured. "If only reality were half so nice…"

At the word reality, Kagome's original intentions came back to her full force. 'I forgot! I was supposed to be giving him revenge, and instead I just gave him the greatest thrill of his life! Or at least I hope I did.' Shaking her head, she tried not to think about that. 'Well, it's still not too late for my plan I suppose.'

A wicked smile suddenly crossed her face. "So you think this is a dream Inuyasha?"

He nodded in response, his gaze still transfixed on her face.

"I guess I'll just have to wake you up then." She whispered. Placing her hands on his chest again, she pushed with all her might!

"WHA-"

*THUMP*

Inuyasha was now sprawled out on the floor beside the bed, looking about as aware as someone who had been hit by a bus, with Kagome staring down at him, smirking. "Awake now, darling?"

"Why you little-"

"You know you liked it."

A growl was her only answer.

"I guess I should go to bed now. If you plan on staying down there, I suggest you at least get a blanket." She tossed one on him. "Goodnight!"

Laughing, Kagome retreated from the room, leaving him to find his own way back into bed. It was a good while before he even moved an inch though.

A goofy smile slowly spread across his face. "Well, now I know it wasn't a dream. Only the real Kagome, MY Kagome, would push me out of bed after a kiss like that."

Still grinning widely, he picked himself off the floor. "She could have shaved my head for all I care, that kiss would have still been worth it!"

For the rest of the night, Inuyasha still didn't manage to get any sleep. But this time, he didn't care either.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

Kagome stood with her back to the bathroom door, breathing heavily. A bright blush stained her pale cheeks, and she had one hand pressed to her heart. Even though she'd managed to do what she had set out to do, and even put up a good front after she pushed him off the bed, her heart was still racing from the kiss. Or was it more than just that?

'I managed to get my little revenge, but in the end I think I paid a bigger price for it than I thought I would. Am I really starting to…fall for him?'

.

.

.

.

So, is that anything along the lines of what any of you were expecting? ^_^